Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Why is it so addicting?

Old 11-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Sasquatchin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is it so addicting?

Why oh why??

Ijust started flying rc heli's very recently, and am ADDICTED! Icannot get enough!

Ibought my first one, a Novus CX, and with in 2 weeks Ihad to send it back (and they sent me a new one). While Iwas waiting for the heli to get back, Ibought an AXE CPv3 and love it!

Ihave crashed the AXE CPv3 a couple times (last time Ihad to order some parts, and am still waiting on the LHS to call me saying they are in).

So, while waiting for my parts, Ibought another indoor flying, the Blade CX2..

When Icannot fly, im on the Sim (RF G4.5)..

What the heck?! Ihave been into this for less then 2 months, have 3 heli's, and want another one!

Is there an RC Anonymous around?
Old 11-09-2009, 06:06 PM
ftmarino

Default RE: Why is it so addicting?

Welcome my brother. Wait until you collect so many parts you can't remember why you bought them. (just in case)
Old 11-09-2009, 06:28 PM
mgros

Fly it's the dream of man.

Heli flying it's the dream of flyers.

That's the reason of addiction.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:42 PM
chopper cook

I am the same, I started 2 years ago with a small Walker 4 then I got a Walker 36, joined a club got myself a Shuttle 30. Now I have a 30 size Airwolf, a 30 size Robinson R22 , a Shuttle , A 50 Raptor & a Bell 47 witch I got from LHC ( 40 size Shuttle ) but I still want more, I have started my own club & fly every Fir, Sat & Sunday, plus I spend 2 hours each night in my workshop working on helis, So you see it's not a hobby, It's an obsession.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Sasquatchin

Got a call from the LHS yesterday afternoon, my parts are in

Unfortunatly it is crappy weather here, raining, 20mph winds, and 37f (3c) so no flying the CPv3. Ican however get it repaired, set the tracking, and get everything ready to go as soon as the weather is nice!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:12 PM
cjrflyer

Welcome to the addiction,if you think its bad now wait untill you get intoa large nitro or electric.
90 size nitros will get your heart pumping,the rest will be history,
this Heli thing can be like a runaway train.
I have four helis and always think Ineed another
good luck
CR
Old 11-23-2009, 04:18 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

You are in luck. There is an RC Anonymous

http://flyingrc.wordpress.com/2004/0...you-need-them/

But its not just Heli's. It bit me with the giant scale aerobatic planes, and when I started to get burnt out with those, I got a T-Rex 450 to give it a try. That was last fall. A year later, I've got 4 helis, and been at the field at lest 3-4 days a week, burning about 3 or 4 gallons of fuel each week. Its the challenge that bit me, and the better I get, the more doors open for new manuevers, and that sucks me in.

I was out flying today. Cold (45 degrees), windy, complete overcast skies, but it hasn't stopped me

Good luck with the addiction!!
Old 11-25-2009, 09:45 PM
rparn2

I am in the same shape as you been flying for 2 years now started of with the airhogs that lasted a week need something that would do more so got a eagle 50 learned to hover on it man what a bird to start with it is hard to controll bought a fixed pithced honeybee that would help me it was fun still fly it some then the trex 450 still fly it a lot next bird was a kintec 50 nitro great stable helicopter for learning on bought a rave no long after still loving the 450 size to fly in the yard. I have a trex 600 nsp on the way to build since the weather is cooling off here in oklahoma. I don't have it put together yet and wanting a trex 700 already so I would say I am caught in the vortex of this addiction have a great day Rick
Old 11-27-2009, 12:43 AM
Ybenjulkay2x

It is true that this hobby are addictive, I mean ARE addictive. I start with rc cars, on road 10th and 8th scale then go to monster truck and buggy. I got me more challage when i try those small heli (havoc)that you can buy at target or wall mart, later got my self a trex 450 sa, then flasher 450se v2 clone of 450 trex, and 2 of flasher 500. But Family first then hobby.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:33 AM
3D 4 ME

I know how you feel, I also love flying helis! Sadly, I've only been using my simulator and co-ax apache lately. I can't go to the field with my raptor right now.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Sasquatchin

well, the stable has expanded again.

Ijust got my 4th heli, a Blade 400 3D. Iwon't be able to take it out for a few days (rain and all), but Iam looking forward to it.

Also, my LHS offered me a part time job
Old 12-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Thisstrangeengine

I feel your pain brother! I can't stay off the websites.....
Old 12-08-2009, 06:25 PM
sfaust

30 degrees, snow on the ground, brisk wind from the east, and I was the only one out flying the chopper today!

Yea, addicting for sure
Old 12-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Stumblebee

We Canucks have been flying in the snow this month as well. There is something magical about seeing a bird in the air with the falling snow. The good thing about the falling snow is that you can tell instantly what the wind is like. If the snow falls straight down, you can fly. If it falls at an angle, you don't fly. Simple. Landing on snow is a wonderful thing. The snow cools those lipos nicely. Of course the trick is to land on the snow and not in the snow. The lovely addiciton continues and grows.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Sasquatchin

my stable has expanded a again. Ibought a blade msr to see what the hype was all about. It is now my favoite indoor heli.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:23 AM
poison

same here guys been in airplanes about 4 years helicopoters for about 4 or 5 months sold all of my planes have 2 raptors 30 and 50 a axe 400 and helimax novus also a blade cp pro I am so addictied it not even funny all the time thinking about what parts I can get for back ups watching helis on youtube you name it but I love it so much! Man it snowed here in Arkansas and cold as heck can't wait tell I can fly again I got the raptor 50 for christmas got it a little early thow flew it about 3 days ago oh ya[8D] it awsome Love this hobby you guys keep flying and have fun doing it God bless you guys have a great Christmas