Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Governor set up info needed. (RCE-6600 with a Futba T7C)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Governor set up info needed. (RCE-6600 with a Futba T7C)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 09:35 AM
RappyPilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Governor set up info needed. (RCE-6600 with a Futba T7C)

Hi all

I installed an Align RCE-6600 governor in my Trex 600 NSP. Everything seems to work fine but I am not sure about two things. I have been flying the heli for ages so the engine is run in and my throttle curves are as good as they can be in case you where wondering.

I am using a Futaba T7C transmitter.

1. Do I HAVE to use EPA to set up the limits or can I use the GOVERNOR funtion on my TX to set things up.

Ideally what I would like is for the governor to be off in Normal flight mode, in IDLE-UP 1 I would like it to be on with a certain head speed and then in IDLE-UP 2 I want it to be on with a slightly higher head speed.

2. Assuming I can do what I want to do with the above set up, does anyone have a T7C and what head speeds do you use, and what percentages do you have your governor setting set at on your TX? The manual shows a few examples of what head speeds you can expect at what governor/EPA settings, but they seem to vary quite significantly between differnt transmitters.

I do have a tach so it will be fairly easy to set this up at the head speeds that I want but any info on what I have mentioned with that TX/Governor combo to set things up initially will be great

Marcel
Old 07-05-2010, 03:53 AM
RappyPilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Governor set up info needed. (RCE-6600 with a Futba T7C)

Hi all

Well, I seem to have found the answer to my questions on another forum, here is his reply for those interested.

I have been running this combo for about 20 gallons...I run the gov in all three flight modes...The gov "sense" wire does go in channel 7 so you should be good there...Here are my settings in the 7C Governor menu:

UP - 76%
CT - 79%
DN - 82%
Mix - On
SW - E
Dir - +Limit

My throttle curves are:
Normal - 0, 25, 50, 75, 100
Idle1 - 100, 85, 70, 85, 100
Idle2 - 100, 85, 70, 85, 100

If I remember correctly, the last time we tached this combo, it gave 1800 in Normal, 1950 in Idle1, and 2050 in Idle 2...

Hope this helps...