Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

Heat shrink film users BEWARE!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

Heat shrink film users BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 02:03 PM
bla bla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat shrink film users BEWARE!

I was covering a model the other evening when I inadvertently touched the hot end of my sealing iron with the tip of my right index finger!
A you can imagine, HAD THE IRON BEEN TURN ON, I could have received quite a nasty burn.
Thankfully all was well, yet I still have reocccurring flashes of quickly withdrawing my burned finger, receiving slash after slash from a damned stray Xacto blade on the bench, blowing saw dust into my eyes and then tripping over Blue masking tape, bumping my head and becoming a serious danger to myself when operating a model, ALONE!
Please be advised.
Whats going on?
Old 12-11-2006, 02:06 PM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Heat shrink film users BEWARE!

this is too funny hey i started a safety thread
Old 12-11-2006, 02:22 PM
rwright142

LMAO!
Old 12-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

You could obviously use some safety gear. It just so happens that I have some for sale at a reasonable price since it is slightly damaged.

I do believe that the face shield will have adequate vision once the CA is removed. The scorch mark in the crotch of the hazmat suit is barely visible and the duct tape repair on the leg has been professionally applied. Since there is already a bit of damage minimum shipping protection will hold down on crating costs. Iwould prefer not to ship it airfreght as the slight burned odor might cause some concern to the crew.

Please let me know your thoughts asap. There is also someone calling himself Borat that is expressing interest in these items although he wants them shipped to multiple locations.

ORIGINAL: bla bla

I was covering a model the other evening when I inadvertently touched the hot end of my sealing iron with the tip of my right index finger!
A you can imagine, HAD THE IRON BEEN TURN ON, I could have received quite a nasty burn.
Thankfully all was well, yet I still have reocccurring flashes of quickly withdrawing my burned finger, receiving slash after slash from a damned stray Xacto blade on the bench, blowing saw dust into my eyes and then tripping over Blue masking tape, bumping my head and becoming a serious danger to myself when operating a model, ALONE!
Please be advised.
Whats going on?
Old 12-11-2006, 04:52 PM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember you can actually get AIDS in this hobby. Just do not share the Xacto knife... Also if the cops want DNA from a RC modeller, the fist thing they do is confiscate your Xacto blade. Shure enough, it always has traces of blood.

Remember also that in the same way a clean car attracts rain, eyes absorb balsa dust... Strange phenomenon, actually. Another pain is the wind. It might blow straight down the runway, but it does not, it always blows across... And if it blows down the runway it does so only for limited time, just to let you take off, then it switches direction allowing you to land with tailwind (something that is alwas exciting)...

Did you notice that when you have friends or family over or you have other commitments, the winds stops, and the sun comes out? On the other hand, if it looks like rain the day you had planned to go to the field, it will... also if there is no wind and you decide in the spur of the moment to go to the field, the wind will also pick up in the spur of the moment, as you arrive to the field... and I will not mention moving trees and obstacles... I had a fence move up like a foot and catch my landing gear... In another case while my friend was landing his Ziroli Stuka a tree jumped up just enough to hit the LG of the plane. I swear I think I saw the tree smile...

This hobby is not for sissies...

Gerry

ORIGINAL: bla bla

Please be advised.
Whats going on?
Old 12-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Does "bla bla" equal "Joe Bifstek" or am I showing my age?

LMAOF,
Walt
Old 12-11-2006, 07:23 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

After seeing all these safety ideas ...I am wondering if possibly a suit covered with sensors is the answer? You could look thru safety glass into your shop area..and control a humanoid robot. It would be coupled via computer (safely installed in another building.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:33 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

As soon as I posted the above reply the OBVIOUS answer occurred to me! We all need model building simulators..for the pc, sorry not enough demand for the MAC version.
Also you could select huge warehouse type shops, and build in exotic locations like area 51, or a nude beach...Or you could build in tiny closets or shanty's..to simulate the ways you have to sacrifice to build the state of the art stuff. Possibly we could all upload our own shops to show each other how much tougher it is to work at our own homes.
On the expert settings you can only use white glue, with ACTUAL drying times ...

I suppose we could have different sections so you could plan build ,kit build, or just push one button that completes the airplane almost instantly (for us arf
guys ...)

Eventually I hope to have a driving simulator so that once I push the arf button, I have a challenge driving to the field ...then I switch over to the flying simulator and voila, no need to leave my chair!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:52 PM
drone pilot

I think Great Planes is working on such a sim....I put my pre-order in yesterday......
Old 12-11-2006, 08:09 PM
bla bla

That is indeed the answer: A MODELLING SIMULATOR.
But wait, haven't they already got the first versions?
Aren't they're called ARFs or something?
Old 12-11-2006, 08:17 PM
hellcat56
My Feedback: (21)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I must be off my meds again
you guys are starting to make sense

One thing I am thankful for

I have no exacto knives in my shop
the mental home refuses to let me handle sharp objects

For those of you who don't know me do you remember the scene in the movie with Jack Nickleson one of his most famous lines
"Here's Johnny"
as he hacks through a door--well that is what I look like when I work in my shop -eyes and all.