Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

WHY..............??????????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

WHY..............??????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:26 PM
ssrc30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY..............??????????

Well, here we are again. As some of you may have read on here, my luck hasn't been going so well, as of late, when it comes to flying. Today was no exception.

According to the weather, today was suppose to be a balmy +25 C. Now, where I am from, that's a really nice day. So, lastnight, I made arrangements to hit up the local fields to do some hardcore flying with a friend of mine who is teaching me the finer points of 3D flight, who doesn't like 3D flight. So, as the usual routine goes, I was awake at 4 AM, to make the field early before school was in and the kids were around. Arrival to the field happened at about 5AM sharp, there always has to be something sharp involved here. We set up, had a "coffee" and went to work putting our planes together expecting a beautiful morning of flying before the wind picked up.

Then the rain came. Just as I was getting my 33% Extra off the ground, I heard the thunder, great, seems the weather gods have it out for me and that plane. No sooner had we landed than a down pour hit us with everything it had, and I aint talking no 2 or 3mm of rain, I mean we had thunder, lightning and about 20cm of rain. Tear down of a $2500.00 airplane really SUCKS in that kind of conditions, I know this, because this is the second time this has happened to me in the last week.

Why is it that whenever I want to fly, the beautiful sunny sky, turns into the darkest parts of satans *******?

Oh well, I hear Mexico has nice weather this time of year, maybe I will head down there for a few weeks.

Oh well, such is the luck. Maybe one day, when I am old and grey, and I can no longer manipulate the sticks, shoot me when that day comes, the weather will clear up, and the brand new Extra, that I spent 6 months building, will leave the ground.

Happy Flying,

Steve
Old 06-04-2008, 12:12 AM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WHY..............??????????

Sorry to hear that, the problem here is 100 F + degree weather and wind
Old 06-04-2008, 01:38 AM
ssrc30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHY..............??????????

Yes, flying 3D in the wind isn't very easy to do lol....... "And Justice For All".