RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Humor (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-humor-177/)
-   -   hit a bird with plane. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-humor-177/5014520-hit-bird-plane.html)

crashland 73 11-27-2006 02:37 AM

RE: hit a bird with plane.

I usually just do the old fashioned way. But, yours sounds good. I just soak them in salt water over night and roll them in flour and pepper them and then just fry them.

alex k 11-27-2006 07:08 PM

You can eat pigeon? [&:]

crashland 73 11-27-2006 09:28 PM

Oh, lol, I was talking about dove, quale and stuff. I guess you can eat pigeon. I dont see why. I know of people that have eaten crows and stuff.

Flying freak 11-27-2006 10:50 PM

Id be scared to hit a bird because there is a chance you looe the plane what would a one pount object mmoving at 70 mph do to a win idk but i bet it wouldnt be prettty like if you loose half a wing your game over ( i know bill hample brought on down but there aint many guys good enough to do that and evan then her got luckey that it fell inot a knife edge if it would have fallen into a flat spin it owuld have been game over )

crashland 73 11-27-2006 11:34 PM

I would figure that too. I like to just chase them. I usually do it with my old beat up patched together plane anyway. That way if I do then I aint lost nothing. I usually chase crows. I dont mess with eagles. Them suckers are huge, I would figure they would get mad and come at me lol.

jollycub 01-06-2007 11:56 AM

I know this is a somewhat old post, but this is my favorite quail recipe.
Roll the quail in flour, salt, and pepper. Put into a glass baking dish. Pour heavy cream over til just covered. Bake
about an hour at 325 degrees. (This is from memory. You might want to look it up on the internet for real times and temperatures.)

jollycub 01-06-2007 12:00 PM

This is scary. Not hitting the bird on purpose (that is mean) but the threat of closing the field down. Can Waterstaat (sp) close your field on the word of someone or do they have to observe the violation?

Carpilot 01-08-2007 11:10 AM

I've never hit a bird with a R/C Plane but I have had to walk down to the end of the runway so the geese (sky carp) would leave and I could fly. one time they came back during my flight and I had to land short and veer off the runway and nosed over to avoid getting into them.

I wouldn't eat a goose at gunpoint so I'm not going to ruin my plane with one either LOL.

Another time in San Juan National Forest while flying my F27c stryker about 10,000 ft. I had a raven try to take out my stryker, wich turned into quite an argument. I didn't hit the raven but I won the argument! I think the full throttle whine and the speed won the argument for me!

bdavison 01-09-2007 09:43 AM

Ive prefer a APC 12x6 for my bird hunting. Buzzard tastes good with mayonaise.

JK.

Ive nailed two birds. One with a foamy, plane and bird survived...one with a Extra 300....neither lived, but the extra definatly ended up better than the bird.
Wasnt aiming for either of them, and was specifically trying to dodge the latter.....but If it comes down to my plane or the bird....Screw the bird, Ill give it full throttle and chop that feathered pest into mincemeat without even blinking before I sacrifice a plane for a dumb bird.

Bass1 01-10-2007 02:46 AM

Sky Carp can be slathered with low fatty animal fats/lards[sm=lol.gif]

freeonthree 01-10-2007 07:39 PM

I won't let a bird get near me, let alone approach one or many. Thats just not right. Shame on you !

crashland 73 01-10-2007 09:59 PM

birdaphobia?

Bass1 01-11-2007 02:33 AM

This thread has got me cypherin' and a thinkin'! Should fish avoid the submarines?.., or is it the "captains" duty to avoid the fish?[sm=47_47.gif]

jmb52760 01-14-2007 08:43 AM

I have had the opposite happen. Years ago (23?) I was flying a 2 meter slope glider near Prescott, AZ. At this particular spot, there was quite often a Red-Tailed Hawk using the slope lift to get a free ride and hunt. I thought this was cool, and at times it looked like we were flying in formation. One day, the hawk decided that I was a threat and attacked me! He came in from above in that crooked-wing dive that you see and struck the top of my wing with his talons. Since he didn't take me out, I guess he decided to let me use the hill from then on because it never happened again. I don't remember if there was any damage.

rustypep 01-15-2007 03:29 AM

Never seen a bird attack an R/C plane or get hit by one but I did witness someone hit a bird with a golf ball on the course (obviously not on purpose). The ball bounced one way and the bird went another. I didn't notice the bird until I saw the ball change direction and the bird was falling. The bird hit the ground, stumbled and eventually flew away. I probably wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't see it myself.

freeonthree 01-15-2007 03:40 AM

I have to say, ever since this thread started, i've been a bit nervous at the field. Seems like every time I fly now, I got birds everywhere, and I find myself looking ahead all the time, more than usual. I've always heard that birds know maneuvers that we don't even dream of, and they usually know what going on around them, so the chance of hittin one is pretty slim, but this thread has me kinda freaked out. Funny how the mind works... If I ever hit a bird, I would feel awful ! I love animals, and we have 5 birds ourselves. I could care less about my planes, they can be replaced, but that little life form, no way !!!

crashland 73 01-15-2007 12:45 PM

I have an old worn ultra stik 60, I use this one to try to hit one when I have it up. Stupid birds, you think by the noise they would know it isnt another bird. When and if I hit one I hope it is at full speed and they hit the prop LOL!

Jlevin 01-16-2007 10:50 PM

/Rant on/
Umm...not sure what to say to that. Frankly, you're being a jerk, apart from violating US Law (it's illegal to kill native birds, even the crows, without a valid permit such as a hunting liscense). And we wonder why our hobby gets a bad rap, I guess I now realize where this is all coming from. What exactly is so LOL about shredding birds with a 18000 RPM piece of aerodynamically-tuned plastic? It's one thing to joke about it, which I'm sure everyone--myself included--does, but to actually attempt to hit a bird with a plane and delight in its being gruesomely ripped to pieces...I've yet to find the humor in that one. Grow up!
No, I'm not an animal rights freak, one of those militant vegetarian PETA activists, or anything like that, I just have respect for the birds which we must share the skies with. WE put the planes up there, the birds had the airspace first, so we have an obligation to make our RC planes peacefully coexist with nature's planes.
Just my $.02
/Rant off/

crashland 73 01-17-2007 12:45 AM

it aint no different than putting a .308 bullet through a coyote's scull. both are great fun and usefull. I am an into animal control, I make sure they dont overpopulate and spread disease plus I eat their flesh and wear their skins.

jmb52760 01-19-2007 09:33 PM

I pronounce this thread officially dead.

Eat it's flesh and wear it's skin.

crashland 73 01-19-2007 10:55 PM

lol, I couldnt resist. Well, we all do, we eat meat and wear leather dont we? I thought it was funny anyway. I like to kid.

lamrob 01-21-2007 11:20 PM

It would be self defense if the bird attack first :)

crashland 73 01-22-2007 09:16 AM

I never thought of that. That is true. We will take that, self defense.

prop planter 02-01-2007 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: freeonthree

If I ever hit a bird, I would feel awful ! I love animals, and we have 5 birds ourselves. I could care less about my planes, they can be replaced, but that little life form, no way !!!

That's absoulutly crazy[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]!! If you care that much about you feathered friends relatives, why even take a chance and fly at all. You obviously wouldn't be able to live with the guilt if you did hit one so sell the planes and take up bird watching for a hobby.

There is nothing more satisfying than seeing "that little life form" turn to a ball of feathers via the 12 gauge!!:D:):D

prop planter 02-01-2007 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Jlevin

/Rant on/
Umm...not sure what to say to that. Frankly, you're being a jerk, apart from violating US Law (it's illegal to kill native birds, even the crows, without a valid permit such as a hunting liscense). And we wonder why our hobby gets a bad rap, I guess I now realize where this is all coming from. What exactly is so LOL about shredding birds with a 18000 RPM piece of aerodynamically-tuned plastic? It's one thing to joke about it, which I'm sure everyone--myself included--does, but to actually attempt to hit a bird with a plane and delight in its being gruesomely ripped to pieces...I've yet to find the humor in that one. Grow up!
No, I'm not an animal rights freak, one of those militant vegetarian PETA activists, or anything like that, I just have respect for the birds which we must share the skies with. WE put the planes up there, the birds had the airspace first, so we have an obligation to make our RC planes peacefully coexist with nature's planes.
Just my $.02
/Rant off/

Remember,,, this is the humor section. Ever hear of a joke?[:-][:-][:-] And just remember when calling someone a jerk: a jerk is a tug, a tug is a boat, boats go on water, water is nature, nature is beautiful, so I'm sure he'll thank you for the compliment[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]