Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The new Tornado sport jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The new Tornado sport jet

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 03:34 PM
ModellbauUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

With practice the tornado can be assembled in 5 minutes tops. Being able to dismantle into smaller components eases packing in the back of my car. Not sure what all the fuss is about.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:24 PM
funflyerf4
My Feedback: (6)

I like it because it fits in to my mini van one piece, charge on the way to the field fly all day and back in one piece well most of the time one piece! The v3 should be even more fun with my new Rabbit in it.

Frank
Old 01-25-2012, 11:32 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: funflyerf4

I like it because it fits in to my mini van one piece, charge on the way to the field fly all day and back in one piece well most of the time one piece! The v3 should be even more fun with my new Rabbit in it.

Frank
What you call a mini van in the US is I think not quite what we call a mimi van in the uk
Old 01-25-2012, 11:53 PM
ModellbauUK

Yes in DenoBoy and Trotter days but now adays a minivan is like:

Kia Carnival/Sedona
2006, Gen II, a contemporary minivan with front-wheel drive, transverse engine, flat floor, and multi-configurable seating

As described on Wikipedia.

Plenty of room in that provided you throw the kids out

By the way still running the special on V2's

Www.modellbauuk.com

Also, got Kingtech k80 & k140/170 FOD's in stock and about to upload to store. Let me know if you need one. May fit other turbines and are well made quality units. I'll post dimensions shortly.

Cheers

Old 01-26-2012, 03:04 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

C'mon be serious you guys, most people have conventional family saloons which will not accomodate a fully rigged airframe and passengers.

Modellbauuk

The fuss as you call it, is that you are getting some feed back from your customers, please don't dissmiss it, take it on board to be used at a future design review.

Mike
Old 01-26-2012, 03:06 AM
BaldEagel

. Double post

Mike
Old 01-26-2012, 04:16 AM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: BlueBus320

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

I agree with you on somthings If I could make this airplane easier for transport I would in a heart beat. Unfortunatly that is not an option at the moment. With the New V3 Tornado you get an airplane that performs and even outperforms other twinn boom jets that are similiar that cost over $3000 just for the kit for only $469. My objective is to give an opportunity for somebody who does not have money to buy a $7000 jet but still wants the handleing and performance of one. As everybody here has probably experienced in one way or another this world economic downfall RC Jets are a Luxury. We are just trying to keep this Hobby that for me keeps me sane in the reach of everyone.
Totally agreed! I don't think any box filled with approx $80-$100 of composite & wood material should ever go for $3000 like some competitors charge. People like to say they are a Ferrari & this is a Nissan, but a Ferrari & Nissan use very different engines, suspension, construction material..etc etc.. This $469 composite model & the competitors $3000 composite model both use the same materials & power plant!.. I'll buy MB products off of pure GP, just to prove a point, & these competitors better watch out, because the Tornado's of the world are only getting better! Wait till you guys see V3.5
There is a hugh difference in Ferrari and Nissan, that also stands true with this model and the other twin boom, by no means is this even close to the other $7k twin boom. It's affordable but the quality is miles away. 20 flights on my Tornado, no hard landings and my fuse has a hair line crack forming just ahead of the nose former. 50 on the other twin boom without no signs of material wear/stress. I have both! But, however you guys look at it, you get what you pay for! The Tornado flies great and can be your go and learn jet, without a small fortune in it. Breaking down can be a pain on this jet, fortunate for me I don't have to. I don't think the Tornado will ever be a easy breakdown and transport, it would require redesigning from the MBA.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:18 AM
jetster81

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

C'mon be serious you guys, most people have conventional family saloons which will not accomodate a fully rigged airframe and passengers.

Modellbauuk

The fuss as you call it, is that you are getting some feed back from your customers, please don't dissmiss it, take it on board to be used at a future design review.

Mike
Agreed, exactly as I was suggesting above. Henry, why not work on this for V4?,it would make a lot of people happy and I'm sure will increase your customer base considerably.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:20 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of you guys are nuts, you want steak on a hamburger budget.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:58 AM
BaldEagel

Don't most of the ads say "our hamburgers are made from pure beef steak"

Mike
Old 01-26-2012, 07:30 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jetfan20

ORIGINAL: BlueBus320

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

I agree with you on somthings If I could make this airplane easier for transport I would in a heart beat. Unfortunatly that is not an option at the moment. With the New V3 Tornado you get an airplane that performs and even outperforms other twinn boom jets that are similiar that cost over $3000 just for the kit for only $469. My objective is to give an opportunity for somebody who does not have money to buy a $7000 jet but still wants the handleing and performance of one. As everybody here has probably experienced in one way or another this world economic downfall RC Jets are a Luxury. We are just trying to keep this Hobby that for me keeps me sane in the reach of everyone.
Totally agreed! I don't think any box filled with approx $80-$100 of composite & wood material should ever go for $3000 like some competitors charge. People like to say they are a Ferrari & this is a Nissan, but a Ferrari & Nissan use very different engines, suspension, construction material..etc etc.. This $469 composite model & the competitors $3000 composite model both use the same materials & power plant!.. I'll buy MB products off of pure GP, just to prove a point, & these competitors better watch out, because the Tornado's of the world are only getting better! Wait till you guys see V3.5
There is a hugh difference in Ferrari and Nissan, that also stands true with this model and the other twin boom, by no means is this even close to the other $7k twin boom. It's affordable but the quality is miles away. 20 flights on my Tornado, no hard landings and my fuse has a hair line crack forming just ahead of the nose former. 50 on the other twin boom without no signs of material wear/stress. I have both! But, however you guys look at it, you get what you pay for! The Tornado flies great and can be your go and learn jet, without a small fortune in it. Breaking down can be a pain on this jet, fortunate for me I don't have to. I don't think the Tornado will ever be a easy breakdown and transport, it would require redesigning from the MBA.

I hear you Jetfan20, I must admit I haven't owned a MB Tornado yet, but have owned 2 of the high end boomers, & several of his other jets (engineering/quality is second to none..undisputed). I'm guess your fuse that cracked was a V1 or 2? Have you seen the carbon reinforcement on the V3? May have alleviated that problem. There was a huge difference between the Falcon 120 & high end Boomer, less of a difference between the Tornado & high end Boomer, now with V2 then V3... The gap is closing. I'm hoping a profit will be turned in this Modellbau venture leading to a V4 etc, in which customer feedback (transportability, etc) will be integrated into new designs. As far as Nissan vs Ferrari, I guess it's how you view it.. I see 2 almost identical slightly over 6' toys made of the same material that both fly awesome. One is better engineered, the question is "how much more?" 400%???!!! will you enjoy the high end 400% more while flying it? I'm guessing the answer by most will be "No"
Old 01-26-2012, 07:36 AM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

Hi Bluebus320, You are right I have the V1, I'm sure they reinforced some of the weak areas now. I will have to do some reinforcing myself if I can get to it.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:32 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: aquaskiman

Some of you guys are nuts, you want steak on a hamburger budget.

Or perhaps we dont want to pay steak money and get a hamburger. Always 2 sides to a two sided thing
Old 01-30-2012, 11:34 PM
ModellbauUK

Hi UK & European Jet Pilots
Now that the Tornado V3 is shortly to be released in the states I need to judge the demand for this version in the UK & Europe.
If you think you may like to order one can you PM me please?
I will be adding a Pre Order section to the website store once I receive hi res pictures of the schemes from Henry
Thank you for your continued support
Ian
Old 02-05-2012, 08:01 AM
ModellbauUK

For those wanting to paint the red canopy supplied with the Orange Grey Scheme Humbrol Gloss 18 Orange is a pretty close match
I'll pop a pot in with all the remaining V2 models dispatched.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:11 AM
rcfun2005

anyone found simulator and with supplied model which does pretty good job on practicing with Tornado ?

i just got a new to me used Tornado i am still working on, but wanted to get some sim time before flying first flight.

i have a older RamJet 500 ,,, so i presume there will be quite abit of throttle lag ... so hoping to find simulator i can modify throtle lag to match.

just seeing if anyone has some direct experience with sims and the Tornado ?

note... from what i have seen on post realflight or aerofly seem to be jet sims.

thanks, Joe
Old 02-05-2012, 08:16 AM
rcfun2005

ORIGINAL: ModellbauUK

For those wanting to paint the red canopy supplied with the Orange Grey Scheme Humbrol Gloss 18 Orange is a pretty close match

Hi , hey would you happen to have the grey color for the first generation Tornado ?

a grey color name so i can get some paint for spot repair on fuselage

thanks, Joe
Old 02-05-2012, 08:19 AM
ModellbauUK

ORIGINAL: rcfun2005

ORIGINAL: ModellbauUK

Hi , hey would you happen to have the grey color for the first generation Tornado ?

a grey color name so i can get some paint for spot repair on fuselage

thanks, Joe
No sirry. I took some spare film to my local model shop and colour matched that way

Old 02-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Modellbau USA
My Feedback: (5)

Hello to all bellow are some pictures of the New V3 Tornado. The one in the picture does not have all the decals yet becuase our decal cutter and printer are getting serviced but we will have them up and running ASAP. This airplane is powered by a Jet central Rabbit 100 pushing 23lb of thrust. The airplane has all internal Hitec Digital Servo's and the new Spring Air Red Jet Series gear and Strut Package. We are heading to the field tomorrow and will hopefully have video by Thursday. Modellbau Vrazil has a V3 flying down there in the red Navy trainer Scheme with the exact same setup and I flew it this past weekend and we radared it at 220 mph straight and level pass. This plane with the Rabbit 100 is insane and slows down to 15 mph according to the Graupner GPS installed. We should have them in stock by early March due to the high demand we delayed shippement to make and extra 50 planes. Thanks agian

P.S. Yes the airplane next to the Tornado is the Hurricane it will be avialble for sle early June. We will have all our airplanes including the Hurricane at Florida Jets as well as a few other Surprises.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98629.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1727096   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99497.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1727097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71361.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1727098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82528.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1727099   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24711.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	1727100   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33648.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1727101  
Old 02-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Sparhawk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice! Glad I ordered the yellow one! :-)
Henry, can you supply a list of servos that you are using in the V3?

Thx, Dan
Old 02-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Pepperpete

Wow the yellow looks MUCH better than I thought it would. I'm impressed.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

Henry, are you just selling the Hurricane demo plane or did you decide to sell production kits that will be available for sale in June?
Old 02-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Modellbau USA

No the demo plane is not for sale. The production planes will be released then.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

I am considering buying a Hurricane or another plane. I would like to buy the Hurricane but I know there has been some doubt that the Hurricane would be available to the civilian market; so is this the final decision? If so, I will wait...
Old 02-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Modellbau USA

Well yes that is the Plan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.