Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Problems with Horizon Hobby

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Problems with Horizon Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 11:28 AM
edwal07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problems with Horizon Hobby

I have had nothing but great service from Horizon. I ordered a 1/4scale Cub and the top of the rudder was broken. I called Horizon and purchased a new fuse as I didn't want to wait to ship it back and then wait for another. Long story short, I received the new fuse, they received the old one and my CC was credited the same day. I have had other problems and they were corrected on the spot.
I feel that all you have is a communication problem. I always take down the name of the person of who I am talking to and the date and time. Then if something arises you have the information to give to them so you can move up the "chain of command" as needed. Sometimes it is an unintended "inflection" in your voice that immediately put people on the defensive. I try to understand that maybe the one I am talking tocannot take care of the problem I have, that is when I ask to speak to a supervisor. I have found that the word "unacceptable" will usually get results. I have had to use the "totally unacceptable" phrase a couple times. And usually my problem is solved. Above all remain calm, cool, and collected! Sugar catches more flies than salt! A squeaky wheel just makes noise!
Old 12-10-2010, 01:13 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When you call customer service, instead of relating the whole story about the repair and what you were promised and what was actually done, or about how you can't get the CEO to return your calls, try these magic words. " I have a brand new JR receiver, that I purchased from you. It has never been used and I would like to return it for a full refund. Can you help me with that please?" Once I learned the magic phrase it has worked for me every time.

Wayne
Old 12-10-2010, 02:14 PM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Pegasus,

How about PMing me and give me the entire story. I am confident we can get you taken care of. I can't say what has happened in the past; it does sound as though there has been a misunderstanding on one or both parties parts. Some of this just doesn't sound like standard HH practices to me. Let's get you taken care of, what do you say? Will you let me help?
Old 12-10-2010, 03:02 PM
jeffEE
My Feedback: (5)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I too have had great service form the company. I hope you can work this out.

Plane-o-joe. Do you know if there is going to be a mall show this year in D.L.? Grew up on a farm there near Floyd lake. The local RC Club puts on a nice mall showing, and I would like to go again. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Tim Redelman
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you try putting the new one back in the box with your receipt from the one you bought and returning it? New in the package of course and un touched. Seems like that would have worked.

Its to bad your having this experience as Horizon generally has awesome customer service.

Tim.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Jet Blaster
Banned

Nothing but great service with Horizon Hobby since 2002 and never lookin back! I must say that there is MORE to HH thanrepairing my servos for free after a crash or replacing something for me when it was longpast it'swarranty, but what REALLY does it for me is the field service from good people like John Redman and serveral others I deal with on a regular basis at the jet events. We are fortunate to have guys like John and I am certain that he will do whatever it takes to get you squared away. Personally, I think threads like this makeguys look bad and I personally would have done everything to co-operate with HH before blasting them on RCU. Just my worthless input.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:29 PM
doug l

you said you were sending a bad rec. back to h/h on oct. 10...on oct 13 you got new rec. and worked fine..between oct 10 to now..you are going to a show and now a problem ???? you got a free spare...not their problem you needed to go to a show...you could of waited ...

take notes ....names...try this with any company...CEO...your kidding....RIGHT ?????????????????????????
Old 12-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Pegasus,

How about PMing me and give me the entire story. I am confident we can get you taken care of. I can't say what has happened in the past; it does sound as though there has been a misunderstanding on one or both parties parts. Some of this just doesn't sound like standard HH practices to me. Let's get you taken care of, what do you say? Will you let me help?

John Redman
Team Horizon, JetCat USA Rep
There you go, problem (hopefully) solved!

The most surprising thing about this thread?

No one has said 'you should have bought Futaba'. - John.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Pegasus

PM sent John, I appreciate your help on this, that was all I was trying to get out of this thread.

I thank some of you for you advice and encouragement.

All a thread like this does is support a company that's done wrong. I sure hope if the FAA tries to pull the plug on us we stick together a lot better than what was displayed on this thread!!!