Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know David swantz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Does anyone know David swantz

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does anyone know David swantz

ORIGINAL: Joe C

Shaun,
Please don't have sympathy for him, he has been stealing from people for at least 6 years now, because that is how long ago he stole from me, and I would bet he has been doing this for more than 6 years. I only wish he lived close by me, he would of never stole from me then.

Joe,

Don't worry. It passed. I don't feel any sympathy for him. For Piggy either!!!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:13 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a Falcon 120 in the Market Place for sale by a Herseybar. If this is the same guy, why is he still allowed to post items for sale in the Market Place? It would seem that his access would be revoked.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes David, that is him, and I am sure that jet does not belong to him, and good question I am sure the mods have been reading this thread, that item should be taken down.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:28 PM
molo_30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its funny that I posted a question to his ad asking him if he was going to cough up the money he ripped off from you and I see it has been removed!

So I did it again.....
Old 01-03-2011, 12:45 AM
teebox11
My Feedback: (33)

A lot of sympathy and empathy, but what do you really do? There is a process, but you have to move quickly. You need to file a complaint with the postal authorities, this is enough money that they won't set it aside. You need to contact the district attorney in your area and follow their advice. You also want to contact the district attorney for that guy's area, and advise that there MIGHT be an insurance fraud case against him already. You must have proof of payment for goods, copy of the ad, pictures of course, and any other thing OTHER than what anyone just says. You will get some help. If you have to sue him, you will do that where you are and file the final judgement in his county. This will help. Unfortunately, the only thing you can levy on are things like expensive airplanes (that may belong to someone else!), or other toys of value. The problem is that these things must be physically identified before they can be taken. Then you have to get the papers to the authorities and hope that they get off their butts before he gets wise and either gets rid of everything or just doesn't open the door. There are people that would probably buy the "paper" (your judgement) for a decent amount. That depends on his financial situation and whether he has any toys that can be taken. The law in most states now allow someone to keep one tv, radio, fridge, etc., as these items are "necessities" as opposed to "luxury" items. On the bad side, he could have zero, and no one would buy the paper from you, thus costing you about another $100. This is a small claim and the limit may be only 5k in your place or his, in which case that is all you would sue him for on one suit. Is it worth the try? YOU BETCHA!!!!!!!!!! Hit the authorities, and go from there. Oh, I had a business for about 15 years and these types of things were one of the items we handled. Once snatched up 7 concrete trucks from a construction site as they were pouring the stuff! The guy had cash within 24 hours. I am currently on contract (soon to be over thank goodness) setting up a recovery division for high value assets in Europe. Now, this is a way different animal!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck, you will get somewhere if you follow the steps.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:11 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Luckyy,
Don't let this thief get away with it. If you do he will carry on doing it to other people. Twice in this hobby people have tried to con me and I pusued them and got my money back. In the first case I got court documents to start procedings. I took them home to fill them in. I then I rang the guy and read the document out to his answer phone. He had been giving me some story about being abroad on business and not going to be back for months. Well he got home really quick because he was back on the phone minutes later. I had a cheque from him within the week. My mate had gone for the same deal on really nice scale glider kit he said he was doing. My mate did not do anything and the guy then disappeared. This is a good reason not to delay. It turned out this guy had been spending a few years at one of Her Majesty's hotels, but he re emerged at a show near London. We spotted him and cornered him. My mate Andy asked hime nicely for his money back whilst we "encouraed him by suggesting that we thump him up, steal his watch etc, all in jest but the guy had not taken well to prison, and did not have the stomach for any trouble. Andy then got a cheque from the guy, lest he had a visit from 4 of his old "mates".
The second guy I sued. It took me more than 2 years to get my money back but it was worth it not to let a thief win.
Don't give up mate and good luck persuing the toe rag.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:44 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Countryboy

ORIGINAL: basimpsn

Can anybody ID these jets in this picture?
One identified... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eon72ZtgvRI

Listen closely to the announcer for the name of the pilot.
WOW does $5200 worth this kind of embarrassment? I would glady turn over the keys to my personal Rc jet just to make things right, But I guess you would had to have a conscience to think like that[&o].
Old 01-03-2011, 06:28 AM
JPNYGAARD
My Feedback: (27)

JOE C .....
WHERE ARE ALL THOSE GUYS WHO WERE DEFENDING THIS JERK ON THE THREAD YOU POSTED !!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Valve floater

I know this is after the fact. I make it my rule when i do an advanced buy search on RCU that i don`t go over 100 miles. I want to put my hands on it before i give any money no matter how bad i want it. Not worth the risk.Sorry for that misery you are going thru.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:53 AM
pflynn73
My Feedback: (20)

I think this guy had a gorgeous T 33 on the site as well. Asking price was 9000. Not here at this time. Should we post a question on the Falcon ad stating this guy is a thief?
Sucks to think that we will have to pick up all models purchased these days. Lucky- Dont give up on the cashola. Bother this guy for the rest of his life!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Joe C

ORIGINAL: JPNYGAARD

JOE C .....
WHERE ARE ALL THOSE GUYS WHO WERE DEFENDING THIS JERK ON THE THREAD YOU POSTED !!!!
I dont know
Old 01-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Joe C

ORIGINAL: JPNYGAARD

JOE C .....
I called all 3 of those guys out in the thread, none of them had come back in the thread. I wanted them to see the proof that they were looking for, like I have nothing better to do with my time than lie on an open forum.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:08 AM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

I do not have any idea how anyone could defend a thief! The guy needs the blanket treatment! fifty two hundred bucks owed to me might meen the blanket would be useless for anything after! I have met nothing but the best people in this hobby, sure hate to hear some are this evil! Maybe he was a used car salemen before coming on RCU?
Old 01-03-2011, 09:59 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RCU is investigating... they have suspended the new ad. I would say, let RCU know the UserIDs of the people who gave him a good rep... I would think that those UserIDs are part of the fraud.

It is a shame that it had to come to this, but we need good information so that we can purchase good used equipment and not have our hard earned money stolen.

Keep after him, you will eventually get the money or have him jailed for fraud... follow the legal path and hope for the best.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:12 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

I just thought of something.

Someone said he just got out of jail for insurance fraud. If that is true...he's on probation. A quick call to his PO can get the ball rolling I'd bet...

Beave

Old 01-03-2011, 11:11 AM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

Iemailed that club president he was flying at on the YouTube site. Being the president of a RC Club, you KNOWhe would have to know this guy. He denied knowing him of course. I just sent him another email asking further information from him. Best thing to do is contact a local attorney, file small claims if the $5,200.00 falls within their dollar limits. Have him served. The best you get is a judgement which probably isn't worth the paper it's written on unless he has some tangible assets. All the law enforcement agencies are going to pass the buck about being responsible for prosecution. Is it federal, regarding mail fraud, probably but are they going to chase a $5k claim when they have millions in ID theft clogging their system?
If I were you, I'd fly my tush up there and talk to the local police, sheriff, FBI and see what you get. I'm sure Craig's List has some leg breakers for hire?
Old 01-03-2011, 01:14 PM
rusty55125
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you’re talking about the same David Schwantz I am thinking of, he hasn’t been out at that field to much lately. I can only remember seeing him there once in 2010. Also, part of the confusion probably comes from the fact that everyone around here knows him by Dave, not David. The longer standing members should know him, mainly because he is the only long standing Jets pilot around here. I have heard rumors and innuendo, as most have around here have, but noting that anyone really has tried to confirm or want to comment on. I myself have never had much of a problem with Dave, a couple of run-ins here and there but nothing of any real consequence. I have never purchased anything from him or had him do any work for me, but have been told to be cautious.
The only thing I can recommend is to file a police report. Maybe you could get the same policeman that caught him in that insurance fraud?

Rusty
Old 01-03-2011, 01:39 PM
I-fly-any-and-all

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your scammer closed his rcu account.
make sure you get a hold of the rcu mods if not the head administrator they can track him by his computers IP address.
his so called friend is probably Dav himself using a fake account.
anyone with a free "hotmail, yahoo, or google email" account can make rcu user names endlessly.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:44 PM
CKLLOYD

I know that this is late but I would think that RCU would have band this David swantz [ hersheybar ] from RCU after the first complaint by JOE C. I do think that you have a fair chance in getting your money back. As I see it this is his 3rd. strike or will be. if the feds stept in and use Joe C. case and this one. Then this guy is going to the big house. His only chance is to pay back the money in hopes that one of the cases will be drop. I wish you the best of luck and only time will tell.. chuck
Old 01-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

The Club email where he was flying:

[email protected]
Old 01-03-2011, 03:01 PM
luckyy
My Feedback: (2)

David ( the rip off) Swantz called me today . First call was that he could make a two thousand now rest later . I guess the pressure from you guys is helping. He also still wont give me the shipper info. Told him not acceptable , he then said now you wont get anything and hung up. Called again 5 min. later I told him I will be sending him ti jail. He hung up again . Called again saID HE WOULD SEND ME 5000 and I will get it by weds. And he will send me the additional 200 when he gets back home. Ill believe it when weds. comes. Ill keep you posted. And thanks for all this help. You are a great bunch of guys . Thanks Bill Squillace
Old 01-03-2011, 03:04 PM
luckyy
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: I-fly-any-and-all

Your scammer closed his rcu account.
make sure you get a hold of the rcu mods if not the head administrator they can track him by his computers IP address.
his so called friend is probably Dav himself using a fake account.
anyone with a free ''hotmail, yahoo, or google email'' account can make rcu user names endlessly.
My friend Bever notified the administrator
Old 01-03-2011, 03:13 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Get your money...then...get the rope!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:15 PM
hairy46

That is good news Lucky! Yes please let us know how this comes out, Thiefs!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Hustler58

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I was looking forward to a hangin! O'well maybe you can get your money and then hang'em !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46529.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	1541853  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.