Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

AMA Letter to your State Rep

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

AMA Letter to your State Rep

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 12:34 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: AMA Letter to your State Rep

Good news today from my Senator:

-

March 10, 2011

Dear Mr. Andrews,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act and your interest in model aircraft. I appreciate hearing from you.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns regarding model aircraft use. I recognize and appreciate the important role of model aircraft for recreation and academic purposes. That is why I voted for the bipartisan legislation S. 223, the FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act, which passed the Senate on February 17, 2011, with a vote of 87-8. This bill would not permit the FAA to promulgate any rules or regulations restricting the use of model aircraft for recreation or academic purpose. As a member of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, I will certainly keep your views in mind as the Senate considers further legislation related to model aircrafts.

Thank you for bringing your views to my attention. I always welcome your input. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my office regarding this or any other matter of concern to you.

Sincerely,

Mark Pryor
United States Senate
Old 03-10-2011, 02:31 PM
KFX450
My Feedback: (30)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Got one from mine today to Andy..Looks good

March 10, 2011

Dear Erik,

Thank you for contacting me regarding aviation issues. I appreciate having the benefit of your thoughts.

On January, 27, 2011 Senator John Rockefeller (D-WV) introduced S. 223, the FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act. The bill ultimately passed the Senate 87-8 on February 17, 2011. During debate, Senator Inhofe (R-OK) offered an amendment for the use of model aircraft for recreational purposes. This amendment passed with a unanimous voice vote.

On February 11, 2011, Representative John Mica (R-FL) introduced H.R. 658, the FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011. The Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, of which I am a member, has passed this bill out of the committee with my support.. However, it has not yet come before the Full House for a final vote. The House version of the FAA Reauthorization bill does not currently have any language regarding the exemption of model airplanes.

Again, thank you for contacting my office. It is an honor to represent you in Congress. Your suggestions are always welcome. Please feel free to contact either my Washington office at (202) 225-5456 or the district office, (603) 641-9536. Also visit my website at www.guinta.house.gov for information on legislative issues and follow me on Facebook at facebook.com/repfrankguinta and Twitter at @RepFrankGuinta.

Sincerely,

Congressman Frank Guinta
Member of Congress

Old 03-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

749 from AZ...
Old 03-10-2011, 02:57 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The House bill doesn't exempt model airplanes?
Old 03-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received a note from Mr. Petri, 6th Congressional District Representative from Wisconsin and Chairman of the Aviation Subcommittee where the FAA/AMA bill will end up.... If the print is too small, just toggle the screen size in the right lower corner of your screen to enlarge the print.

We now have a heavy hitter on our side. Direct contact with Mr. Petri and his Top Aid seems to help things along.

I will stay in touch with Mr. Petri or his Top Aid as the bill progresses thru the House.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42262.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	1579247  
Old 03-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Tom, it's very gratifying to know that we have that kind of support. Our Senators and Representatives in Connecticut also express support for our position to stay out of FAA jurisdiction.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:48 PM
DougV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Done, I was 1781st from Florida.

Doug.