Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

want to buy a turbine jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

want to buy a turbine jet

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:21 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: want to buy a turbine jet

ORIGINAL: Jackjet

You can fly a Avons F15 for your first jet-it can land very slow 20mph .
Get the jet you REALLY want.

Jackjet
Jack

Have you seen his site, its on the first post video, you may change your mind.

Mike
Old 03-25-2011, 09:28 AM
POWER JET
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As i said before great place but not for scale jets!!!To be more realistic it's recommended for any type of jet...
Old 03-25-2011, 09:32 AM
POWER JET

Also on the side of the runway i believe there must be some kind of a little cliff...?Am i right?
Old 03-25-2011, 10:53 AM
nilsreinert123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the video was shoot over a year ago , so i have become better to land the large FW 190 now haha ,but landings are always a bit challenging on my field.Maybe i should arrange a tailhook and catapult LOL

As many of you state , my field is not the best , but it is all i have accessable. Yes there is a cliff on that inner side. Sometimes in the winter i can fly of a frozen lake , and it is a LOT more easy to fly from!

I have always thought and been told by people in my club that i could just forget about turbine jets at our field , but since they also told me that warbirds were impossible ( which i found out was`nt) i wanted to hear with you guys on this forum and hear your opinions Thats what is so great about this forum!

If i buy a jet i want one that i can fly a lot without problems, so i am really reading all your posts with great interest.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:39 AM
BaldEagel

The easiest jet in my stable to fly and land is the Toki Ducty with a JetCat P20 on board, small one piece delta, no wheel brakes or retracts to worry about, takes off in about 40ft and lands just as short, there is a thread on here, and I think Dave Wilshire from Motors and Rotors is getting some more in shortly, this could be an option to get you started and is not a very big outlay in comparison to anything else, you could get one in the air for about £2100.00 all in.

Mike

EDIT: to add link: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10144960/tm.htm
Old 03-25-2011, 11:45 AM
POWER JET

So there is a cliff....!!!....imagine the scale F16 you want in that cliff on a bad handling landing...i don't want to think about it....!!!

Ok,do  you want my opinion for a cheap but very very good solution for a jet that you will love it?...In 3 steps...

1) buy one Falcon 120....

2) one Kingtech 80....

3) a good landing rectract system for it...

and you have the perfect jet for enjoy...!!!!!!!

but i'm still saying to you that your field is not the right for jets.....

Old 03-25-2011, 12:45 PM
v8mini

ORIGINAL: Henke Torphammar

Parkflying made fun :-)

Wasn't untill after looking at this for about the 3rd time that I noticed the small turbine on the rear[X(]
Old 03-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Dave Bugz

My two bobs worth.
I started in turbines early last year with a second hand Classic COMP ARF Flash, a really great flying jet. Our club Phoenix mfc we also fly off grass wider and longer. THe Flash gets in and out No problem.
I have just purchased a Boomerang Nano with a P60 and it is one great flying jet, it is a pleasure to fly and slows down to no speed at all. Your strip looks quite tight, listen to the advice given as jets are expensive and if they get damaged or destroyed and you can end up not enjoying flying anymore.
I keep my Flash for tarmac and the Nano for grass.
I flew today and it was a great day blue sky and no wind. The Nano landed where i wanted every time. One guy with us had his Turbo Raven, would not slow down and ended up off the end of the patch completely taking out the whole undercarriage section.
Enjoy turbines if you get into them, there very addictive.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:45 PM
chris1971

OK that is a small field! If you have to fly a turbine jet I would start out with a Shokjet with a Kingtech K-80. Least expensive, No retracts to worry with, Huge flaps to slow down with and you can put BIG tires on it for grass. A guy brought a Shokjet to one of our local clubs and won the shortest takeoff with it(about 10 foot roll-out)! It had a 22 pound thrust Jet Central Falcon for power. Check out www.troybuiltmodels.com for the Shokjet. They are supposed to be here sometime late spring/ early summer. You may find one somewhere closer to you though. My boomerang Sprint would have a tough time with your field and I would not be brave enough to try it!

Chris
Old 03-25-2011, 05:20 PM
chris1971

Oh yeah, if you would rather build a kit try the Jetmach 60, it's pretty much the same airplane as the Shokjet. You can find it at Laser Design Services website. http://store.laser-design-services.c...products_id=23

Chris
Old 03-26-2011, 12:09 AM
BaldEagel

ORIGINAL: chris1971

My boomerang Sprint would have a tough time with your field and I would not be brave enough to try it!

Chris
Do you use full crow braking with your Sprint? the reason I ask is that all the Sprints I have seen and flown land shorter than anything else of similar size, please also keep into account where our original poster is from, the Shock Jet is not easily available in Norway.

Mike
Old 03-26-2011, 12:11 AM
BaldEagel

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

ORIGINAL: chris1971

My boomerang Sprint would have a tough time with your field and I would not be brave enough to try it!

Chris
Do you use full crow braking with your Sprint? the reason I ask is that all the Sprints I have seen and flown land shorter than anything else of similar size, please also keep into account where our original poster is from, the Shock Jet is not easily available in Norway.

Mike
EDIT: Troy built models wanted over $450.00 to send a kit to the UK.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:30 PM
chris1971

baldeagle,

I didn't know that the cost of shipping was so high. I am lucky enough to fly off a 400' x 50' asphault runway and don't use crow but do use 90 degree flaps for landing. I just thought having an airplane without the difficulty of retracts would be good to fly at his short field.

Chris