Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Need Good new charger

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Need Good new charger

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 06:13 PM
sskianpour
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Good new charger

Hey All, need new charger. The Hitec one is ALMOST PERFECT since it does A123, Li-XX, NiMH and NiCad, and has FOUR charge ports. The problem is that I believe the only power input it has is DC, which is a real drag since I need it mainly for charging stuff at home.

I am looking for good quality, multi-charge port (like hitec), multi battery (including A123) charger that is reasonably priced. Any ideas?

The Hitec one I am talking about, is called Hitec X 4 Multicharger.

Thanks in advance!
Shaz

Old 03-25-2011, 06:21 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Need Good new charger

Don't buy a new charger. Keep the old one and get some DC power at home (a power supply, plugs into the wall and converts that to DC for your charger). As I recall, your charger puts out 200 watts, so U need a power supply with a touch more power than that.

Here is a [link=http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-1954/Dude-Power-12v-57A/Detail]very good one[/link]. I promise you, this is a no-brainer. I am also an electric freak, so I have owned several chargers and power supplies. Having made several mistakes buying "just enuff" along the way I hope u will avoid my errors and get in front of any potential future demand.

You can spend a little less on another one only to wind up with a LOT less in a power supply. You can spend a LOT more and still wind up with a lesser power supply. The one I linked for you is very quiet compared to your charger (I have had two like yours), and U will never hear it. Plus, it has wayyy more grunt than u need, so there is room to grow. If you ever decide to upgrade your charger, this is gonna handle everything you need, so you wont be throwing the supply out too. You could, if you wanted, run THREE chargers like the one you currently own (at their max capacity!) with a parallel power cable, and still have grunt left over.

Like I said....u can spend $10 less or $50 more only to wind up with something you will eventually throw away.

Best of luck, Don.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:21 PM
SinCityJets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shaz,

Just get a small AC to DC power supply for home use....it will probably be cheaper! Especially if you like the charger that much. If you can't find a decent one cheap, let me know. I sell the FMA CellPro power supply.

Chad
Old 03-25-2011, 06:25 PM
STKNRUD

Shaz,

Get the HiTec. It is great. My second choice would be a Multi4 from FMA but that limits you to one battery at a time. FMA has a good 12v power source:

http://www.revolectrix.com/power_supplies.htm

Don't go cheep on the power source. If you ever want to run more than one battery charger at a time you will need the output. Also the HiTec will require the power as well.

George
Old 03-25-2011, 07:06 PM
siclick33

If you're looking at buying the Hitec charger then bear in mind that it is simply a re-branded model and not really a Hitec product at all. The same charger in the UK is sold under at least 4 different brand names and you might be able to get it cheaper without the Hitec label.

For example, check out the IMAX B6 Quattro. I think Tower Hobbies might list it.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Race21
My Feedback: (20)

Shaz,

Call me.

I'm in DEN this weekend. I have 2 FMA Mulit 4s. They are DC input. I have more than one power supply that I can let you try before you buy to see if that's the direction you'd like to go.

J.P.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:03 AM
phjoker
My Feedback: (4)

I found some video of on the Hitec Charger that may help you out. I just ordered the Hitec one Yesterday. The one in the video is a thunder brand, Seems like there are a couple of name brands out on the same charger. Hobby King sells one also under their name. Hope this helps

part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmPqA...layer_embedded

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1buk6...layer_embedded

Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvXB6...layer_embedded
Old 03-27-2011, 04:59 AM
marc s

If your after a good reliable multi-output charger that plugs into the mains then one of these will certainly cover your requirements.
5 outputs which can have any chemistry on each post at the same time, covers all types of battery, software upgradable, German made and totally reliable - had mine for 5 years and never trashed any packs - even when I have told it the wrong info ;-)
Kind of a best kept secret - not cheap but quality.... they do a 5 output version for the field as well.

[link]http://www.sommer-electronic.de/[/link]

marcs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14043.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	1584717