Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Maj. Woody's X-Treme Jets F-4C Phantom

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Maj. Woody's X-Treme Jets F-4C Phantom

Old 05-11-2020, 12:52 PM
airborn900
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have 1256 for ailerons. Iíll get another pair for flaps. I have a 1270tg I can use in the stab. And Iíll have to get a steering Servo. That hitec Servo seems like a good choice.

Originally Posted by F16Jeff View Post
Actually,just looked and I used Savox 1256tg on both ailerons and flaps. I used the Savox 1230sg on stabilator.. I hope this helps.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:02 PM
F16Jeff
My Feedback: (11)

Default My F4e is complete

Today I worked on the final steps of radio and control setup, correcting any servo loads, tidy up all the loose wires, and secured air tanks and rx batteries. Only thing I do not have installed is the tailhook. Not sure how I want to mount it or if I want to make it switch activated. For now it will not be there.

I will double check the balance, as it was set at 253mm CG and should still be close to that. If weather is good this weekend, I will take it to the field for steering and braking tests. Also some photo ops. Since I have not flown in months, I will bring another aircraft to get some stick time and loosen back up.

I want to thank everyone for their assistance on this build. All of you were kind and answered my numerous questions and provided excellent advice during the build.

I will report back once I maiden my F4.

Jeff

Last edited by F16Jeff; 05-13-2020 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:57 AM
F16Jeff

Default Maiden went bad.

Yesterday my buddy took the F4e off for maiden. Flame out just after take off. Gear and flaps were up and she was flying great for the short flight. Made left for return leg and my set it in the weeds nice and flat.
Went to retrieve it and we cannot find it. Looked until dark last night. This morning out bright and early with drones. We found other aircraft but so far no F4. I am thinking someone may have taken it at this point.
Pics - First is last pic before going down. The other is earlier that day.

This was at the Apollo XI field in LA. I will list turbine serial number later. Kingtech 140 G2

Old 05-18-2020, 01:04 PM
airborn900

Originally Posted by F16Jeff View Post
Yesterday my buddy took the F4e off for maiden. Flame out just after take off. Gear and flaps were up and she was flying great for the short flight. Made left for return leg and my set it in the weeds nice and flat.
Went to retrieve it and we cannot find it. Looked until dark last night. This morning out bright and early with drones. We found other aircraft but so far no F4. I am thinking someone may have taken it at this point.
Pics - First is last pic before going down. The other is earlier that day.

This was at the Apollo XI field in LA. I will list turbine serial number later. Kingtech 140 G2

Iím really sorry to hear about your maiden. That sucks. Even worse that you canít find it. I hope that your able to retrieve it and everything will have survived. Best of luck.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:46 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (47)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff,

That really sucks! I hope you find it OK. Sometimes it's hard to judge distance and downed planes are a lot further out than you'd think.

Good luck,
Joe
Old 05-19-2020, 01:04 PM
F16Jeff

Originally Posted by joeflyer View Post
Jeff,

That really sucks! I hope you find it OK. Sometimes it's hard to judge distance and downed planes are a lot further out than you'd think.

Good luck,
Joe
Thank you Joe,

Yes we have been searching with drones and on foot. Many folks out at a time to try and locate it. There is not even a trace of it. Not going to give up, going back out today after work until I have covered every part of the field.

Jeff
Old 05-21-2020, 02:14 PM
Javad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with your search, how you will find it,
Old 05-23-2020, 04:01 AM
Javad

Any luck to find it?
Old 05-24-2020, 08:52 PM
F16Jeff

Hi Everyone,

Quick update on my missing F4 Phantom. At this time, it still has not been found. Myself and others have been out searching all week. We used drones from above, as well as several people looking on the ground. The drones mapped out the area and since it looks to have landed close to the road, we are under the impression that someone has the aircraft. During our search, we have not found any debris or a sign that the aircraft broke up. Los Angeles Police Department is also on the look out for the aircraft. In the event anyone comes up with a good deal on a new Kingtech K140g2 Serial #1097, that is my turbine and has been reported.

At this point, I am looking at my options of ordering another F4e and begin the process again. That is how much I really liked this aircraft.

Jeff
Old 05-25-2020, 03:47 PM
Javad

Hello Jeff,

I wished you could give us better news, but never mind, sun is rising after passing each night. F-4 is a legendary pice of art, so it worth your idea to get a new one,

Regards,

Javad,
Old 05-26-2020, 12:03 PM
rhklenke

Jeff,

I'm really sorry about that. I'm glad you are going to give it another go. My first F-4 was a 1/7th Fei Bao one. I lost it on the second flight when I let it get too slow at the top of a loop and it spun in - burst into flames and a total loss. I'm glad I went for another one - although smaller.

I'm waiting for some good weather to get more flights on mine. I ahve two flights after the re-maiden, but I haven't gotten a chance to get it out again.

Bob