Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Anyone sent a motor to Jet Central for repair this summer? >

Anyone sent a motor to Jet Central for repair this summer?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Anyone sent a motor to Jet Central for repair this summer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 07:50 AM
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone sent a motor to Jet Central for repair this summer?

Juan,

First off...thank you again for assistance earlier this week with my Rabbit...it is appreciated greatly. Things happen, I understand but over here these things seem to be happening more often than not from what I have been told lately. Hopefully you and Felipe are working on resolving the issues.

Thanks again and best regards,

Boli

PS. Your English is fine...just fine.

ORIGINAL: jetmon

No excuses here Boli, It was my mistake, I got confused because mail I didn't get and a name confusion, we have another client with a very similar last name and you know my English, not the best
So I'm the one to blame here and I am very sorry with Mr. Gruntled for taking out most of his flying season

Regards
Old 08-13-2011, 08:16 AM

I don't know about you but all I ever see or can find from searching the forum is praise about Eric and I can say I have the same experience with him. I have yet to see a complaint about him. I'm sure that just like people with good experiences come on here to rave, the people with less positive experiences would comment here as well but that rarely happens and that must count for something. People give negative feedback on this forum all the time about different companies or individuals. So far I have only read your rants and we don't ever get a reason why. This situation with the person you know isn't as simple as you put it, there has got to be more to the story. With how exceptional Eric is in most situations why would he go comletely opposite with someone knowing it can get on the forum.

Mike
Old 08-13-2011, 08:24 AM

Mike,

I believe you can read page one of this thread and see two complaints for yourself. Also, please point out to me where I have posted a "rant".

I speak only from my years of being "on the inside" and also from what other customers have been saying...nothing more...nothing less.

I'll say it again...Juan and Felipe...two of the greatest guys you will find. Jet Central turbines are quite nice and I fly one myself and have owned many over the years. One day you hopefully will see the light.

Beave

PS. Just curious but are you the guy who lives in Canada but deals with Eric when you are supposed to dealing with Chuck, the Jet Central-Canada rep?

ORIGINAL: rcguy5

I don't know about you but all I ever see or can find from searching the forum is praise about Eric and I can say I have the same experience with him. I have yet to see a complaint about him. I'm sure that just like people with good experiences come on here to rave, the people with less positive experiences would comment here as well but that rarely happens and that must count for something. People give negative feedback on this forum all the time about different companies or individuals. So far I have only read your rants and we don't ever get a reason why. This situation with the person you know isn't as simple as you put it, there has got to be more to the story. With how exceptional Eric is in most situations why would he go comletely opposite with someone knowing it can get on the forum.

Mike
Old 08-13-2011, 09:51 AM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In business dealings that involve interaction between two individuals it is almost impossible to acheive the ideal of "100% customer satisfaction" simply because people are people. We are all different in the way that we process interactions. What you might say to me in jest or a joking manner in your eyes , I might interpret as a slight or insult. Your actions in dealing with me might be sincere but I might feel that you are trying to get over on me. And sometimes things slip between the cracks and some one will have a real and viable reason to be upset. And some people just don't click, and no matter how hard the other party tries, the other will not be satisfied.

I can tell you that all my dealings with Eric have been positive. I have purchased three turbines from him and three airframes through him over the past four years. The few times I had service issues and a motor had to be sent in for service I received it back in reasonable time. Eric attends most of the major Jet meets up and down the east coast and quite a few of the smaller meets. No other Jet manufacture can claim that and that is a fact that I have seen with my own eyes. So long as he sells and represents Jet Central products and Jet Central turbines maintain the level of dependability and service that I have received so far, that is what I will buy and fly.

There is no doubt their are some folks who feel differently and feel fully justified with their opinion. Nothing wrong with that, once again people are people.

But it is also fact that there is a much, much, larger group that feels as strongly about the product as I do.

Take care,

Mike
Old 08-13-2011, 11:13 AM
My Feedback: (10)

gruntled:

I am chiming in here to follow up on what has already been said by Juan who is our Service Engineer. While embarrassing, the fact is our accounting department as well as shipping department were foiled (fooled) by two names which when spelled, were only two letters apart. Shima and Shamah respectively. Gentlemen, we apologize. Gruntled, you did in fact pay for the services requested on the 24th of June. I personally process payments via credit card from around the world. When processed, the receipt is scanned and emailed to our accounting office in Mexico. There it is cross referenced and matched. It was at this process our system failed. This is the first time in 9 years of my association (last 5 as an employee) with Jet Central we have had this occur. Juan and I have discussed this with the result being a cross check between the two of us to insure this does not happen again. Gruntled, I personally apologize for the loss of use of your turbine. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you further.

To all other readers I extend my personal thanks for your support. . .making a mistake happens but it is not the mistake that is important, it is the way we correct the mistake.

Respectfully submitted,
Eric Clapp
Managing Director
Jet Central Turbine manufacturing
Old 08-13-2011, 11:30 AM

I started dealing with Eric and will continue to do so even if I am suppose to go through the canadian rep. Our rep. came after I started talking with Eric and to me that shows a lot about Eric if I would rather deal with him. Obviously the complaint you mentioned is not exactly as you told it and the other wasn't a fault of Eric' as Juan has told us what happened. So, I still don't see a complaint directly about Eric. I will go now and put another flight on my rabbit sprint.

Mike
Old 08-13-2011, 04:18 PM

Eric,

"The truth shall set you free" is humorous coming from you, but I digress.

My mistake...it is your customer who purchased a Super Bee and a Rhino. You know...he bought the Bee and a BVM Saber at SJS last year. He was furious with you...extremely angry and I sat down with him in my tent and told him he needed to grab Juan to sort out his issues. He said you had been refusing to answer the phone when he called or answer any of his emails, for weeks until he emailed you that he was returning everything for a refund. Juan, as always fixed everything for him but still...you did to him what you did...unless he was lying...and I doubt it.

Eric, in reference to the missing turbine, Juan already came up and admitted it was his fault and then you come online and blame shipping and accounting? Which story is it? Which one is not true? Why drag accounting and shipping through the mud when Juan already said it was his fault? (Oh…that was a direct question/quote from one of your close friends during a phone conversation earlier this evening). This is just another classic example of what I am talking about…no one ever knows what is fact and what is fiction.

I heard that you have informed one of your customers out west that you are retiring. Any idea when this will take place?

I have to admit...you are very smooth with your response...but remember...this is not the car lot anymore...we are a very small, tight knit community. When you upset a customer he is not going away...he will be back next week...at the next meet...and telling all of his friends about what happened. It seems that you are the only one who does not know what is going on...because everyone (well...OK...some of the newbies have not figured it out yet) is well aware of what really goes on...is going on and are accustomed to the monkey shines that are involved with having a relationship with you. Believe me when I tell you...almost everyone knows it all...and I mean they know everything.

When I was getting ready to leave Kentucky this year, one of your closest associates came up to me and said this...and I quote "you know what...I finally realized that everyone hates that man". This was from a close associate of yours, not some fantasy made up by me...and is word for word. If you had a recording of some of the phone calls I received today from some of your "friends" you would never show up at another event...it's sinking pretty fast from the sounds of things.

Oh...a few months ago you told me you were now one of the owners of Jet Central…has that changed? Just curious.

What ever...it is what it is, but in closing I will ask that you please refrain from you and Jet Central-USA threatening to sue me again. All you had to do was fess up to what you said, pick up the phone to try to straighten out our disagreement...but instead you threatened to go after me and my family. Poor form Eric…very poor form. I did save the emails, and quite a few of the guys you see at the shows have copies that were emailed around as well FYI.

Take this as constructive criticism Eric, there is still time to save face...but it is only fair to you to let you know what is going on in the community.

Flame suit on,

B

ORIGINAL: BluFox

Bevar. . .I am going to quote your earlier post in part:

'' The truth shall set you free. I talked to a very upset and angry customer who recently bought both a Rabbit and Rhino from Eric and can not get either one to run. Eric stopped answering the phone, email or texts for weeks. That's right...I said weeks. Oddly enough, when the customer finally texted Eric saying both engines were being returned and he wanted his money back...guess who suddenly appeared. '' end quote

I am asking you to refer me this individual. Yes, I am asking. I have no recollection or knowledge of any customer who purchased a Rabbit and a Rhino, had issues to the point of telling me he was returning them and wanted his money back. If you will not post this persons name, please have him call me or email me as I want to insure his / her total satisfaction.

Last, Bevar, I am not a distributor. . .I am gainfully and happily employed by Jet Central doing the business of Jet Central world wide.

Respectfully submitted,
Eric Clapp
Managing Director
Old 08-13-2011, 04:56 PM

Really. . .again with the statements without names for reference. . . Your mistake you say. . .so what is new ? You are quite good at this method of communication. A person of character would not internet assassinate. . .they would have the balls to step up to the plate with facts. . .BTW, calling people telling them I am retiring. . .is that not "pot stirring?.

Readers. . .it is quite simple. . ."for those who understand. . .no explanation is necessary. . .for those who do not, no explanation will suffice." My record and that of Jet Central stands on firm ground.

Bevar (Boli) "Still waiting for the names to back up your accusations. . .you are of a minority with a cause without foundation or followers. I truly believe you are living "Fantasy Island" de plane. . .de plane. . . but there are no pax.!

Best regards to all. . .
Eric
Old 08-13-2011, 05:02 PM

It's ok Boli, everything will be ok. That is, after you take some medication. The guy that looses is the one that can't let it go. Have a beer, take a hot bath, stroke one out and you will feel better. All that stress of pondering over whatever it is and I don't care to know should go away. Eric is good to me and alot of other guys and is all that matters to me. This is a hobby and you are one of the guys that everybody says (not this guy again)!! when they see a post from you.

Cheers
Old 08-13-2011, 05:15 PM

Deny deny deny...not answer any direct questions...redirect the focus off of the subject...classic.

As I said...it is what it is.

B

Really. . .again with the statements without names for reference. . . Your mistake you say. . .so what is new ? You are quite good at this method of communication. A person of character would not internet assassinate. . .they would have the balls to step up to the plate with facts. . .

Readers. . .it is quite simple. . .''for those who understand. . .no explanation is necessary. . .for those who do not, no explanation will suffice.'' My record and that of Jet Central stands on firm ground.

Bevar (Boli) ''Still waiting for the names to back up your accusations. . .you are of a minority with a cause without foundation or followers. I truly believe you are living ''Fantasy Island'' de plane. . .de plane. . . but there are no pax.!

Best regards to all. . .
Eric
Old 08-13-2011, 05:17 PM

gruntled:

I am chiming in here to follow up on what has already been said by Juan who is our Service Engineer. While embarrassing, the fact is our accounting department as well as shipping department were foiled (fooled) by two names which when spelled, were only two letters apart. Shima and Shamah respectively. Gentlemen, we apologize. Gruntled, you did in fact pay for the services requested on the 24th of June. I personally process payments via credit card from around the world. When processed, the receipt is scanned and emailed to our accounting office in Mexico. There it is cross referenced and matched. It was at this process our system failed. This is the first time in 9 years of my association (last 5 as an employee) with Jet Central we have had this occur. Juan and I have discussed this with the result being a cross check between the two of us to insure this does not happen again. Gruntled, I personally apologize for the loss of use of your turbine. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you further.

Respectfully submitted,
Eric Clapp
Managing Director
Thank you for your reply and your apology.

I won't pretend to understand how your company's internal systems work. I would think that if everyone thought I had not paid, then someone would have responded to one of my various emails by saying, "Hey dude, you need to pay us", to which I would have replied, "I paid you some time ago, here is proof of payment."

Anyhow, ***** happens I suppose and there is always next summer. I am not going to dwell on it.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:19 PM

Ahhhh...flattery will get you nowhere!

Cheers,

B

ORIGINAL: rcguy5

It's ok Boli, everything will be ok. That is, after you take some medication. The guy that looses is the one that can't let it go. Have a beer, take a hot bath, stroke one out and you will feel better. All that stress of pondering over whatever it is and I don't care to know should go away. Eric is good to me and alot of other guys and is all that matters to me. This is a hobby and you are one of the guys that everybody says (not this guy again)!! when they see a post from you.

Cheers
Old 08-13-2011, 05:28 PM
My Feedback: (2)

[:-]
Old 08-13-2011, 05:34 PM
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know the thing about getting into the mud to roll around with a pig is it's a lose - lose deal. No one wins. Everyone gets muddy. And only the pig enjoys it.

Time to let this one go!
Old 08-13-2011, 05:51 PM

True sailing1, I rarely reply to any thread but this one is over the top and gets you going. I think I will let Boli destroy his own reputation here as opposed to anyone else trying to do it. He is trying to do that to Eric but I don't believe it's working as well as he thinks it is.

Mike
Old 08-13-2011, 06:04 PM
My Feedback: (2)

I'm affraid I must agree with rcguy5 this not the place to hash out your personal differences .Bevar I don't know you I'm sure you good guy but after reading your post have to say you killing your credibility. Eric I don't own a jet central but have a friend that does and I remember being @ field on a sunday he had issue and you answered your phone and walked him thru issue to me can't ask for better service than that.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:10 AM
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

ORIGINAL: gruntled

[
Hello Juan:

I paid $800 to Eric on 06/24.
[/quote]

Just curious Gruntled? I thought Jet Central engines had a life time warranty? Why are you paying $800? Was it due to an accident?

Just asking, because not a super happy JetCat owner of their service?
Old 08-14-2011, 03:32 AM

Dan:

To answer your question of why the $800 was paid, it was a customer approved repair of his turbine after a crash. The crash was believed to be the result of airframe failure. This customers turbine was -0- timed as a result of the approved repairs. His LifeTime Warranty remains in force.

Thanks for the question.

Regards,
Eric
Old 08-14-2011, 03:37 AM

Dan:

To answer your question of why the $800 was paid, it was a customer approved repair of his turbine after a crash. The crash was believed to be the result of airframe failure. This customers turbine was -0- timed as a result of the approved repairs. His LifeTime Warranty remains in force.

Thanks for the question.

Regards,
Eric
Thank you Eric! One of my Jet Students has one of your engines, and it just runs and runs, and starts, and starts........I was thinking that it was a wreck. So, a wreck, I don't expect to be covered under warranty. Thanks again!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:51 AM

<div style="text-align: left;">Dan:</div><div style="text-align: left;">
</div><div style="text-align: left;">My understanding is that there are also other situations where the LTW may not apply such as if the second owner does pay the $250 transfer fee or if the turbine has already had more than 2 owners, etc. There is not a lot of fine print that goes with it, but there are a few restriction. I am sure Eric has the details posted somewhere.</div>
Old 08-14-2011, 07:11 AM

I knew about the $250 transfer, but didn't know that the third owner couldn't get a transferable warranty. Will keep it in mind, but will go new, when I go.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:02 AM
My Feedback: (21)

I have to say I have a Super Eagle that I got like a month or two of the lifetime warranty. I have had this engine for a while but did not fly it that often. After about 10 hrs of use I had to send it in for service because flames came out the front of it. From what I thought was going to be a simple and inexpensive service came out to be a $700.00 repair. This engine has always had a FOD screen by the way. After Two weeks I was told that the turbine needed bearings and new combustion chamber and a few other items. I guess thing happen but I was dumb founded that after 10 hours I needed to change these item and with no warranty nothing I could do. After I paid the bill I did get the engine back from Eric pretty fast something like 4 days or so which was great as it gave me time to put it back in my F-15 before KY Jets.

Yes I was disappointed that after 10 hours I had to changed Items that I thought would at least last longer. However I do have to say that every time I needed something from Eric he has come through with the exception of a stupid Fod Screen that he said was ship to my job multiple times but never received but I finally received at KY Jets. As for the person that bought the two engines the Bee and Rhino Is a friend of mine who was at KY Jets and was having problems with the Bee and could not get the help he wanted but towards the end of the event got it fix, but did get to fly his F-86. I was told by him just yesterday that he still dealing with Juan because he was having issues with his Rhino. He is now happy with his turbines.

As with any companies you will have your good, bad and ugly and we as consumers need to tell the truth when something happens whether is about good service or bad service and if we have bad service as we all know it will spread faster than any good service, but without feedback the manufacturers can’t fix the problems that they may be having. I will do some major thinking of what turbine I will put in my NIB Bandit that I just got for my BDay especially after seeing the issues at KY Jets.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:33 AM
My Feedback: (3)

What a very disturbing thread. Two people I am proud to call my friends going at it in a public forum. I have a 20x20 ring and more than enough equipment to hash this out. Three 3 minute rounds, finish, put it to bed and lets get drunk. Sounds like a plan to me.

Richard
Old 08-14-2011, 08:35 AM
My Feedback: (3)

If not, I can fly down to Florida, pick you both up, take you to a nice restaurant and not leave untill the "old days" are new again.

Richard
Old 08-14-2011, 08:48 AM
My Feedback: (44)

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

rcjets12 I'm trying to understand what you meant by:

"I have to say I have a Super Eagle that I got like a month or two of the lifetime warranty. "

Did you purchase the engine new or used?
If you purchase new then what does you statement mean? Did you mean to write that "I got like a month or two before the lifetime warranty was offered by Jet Centrall? (circa Four or five years ago?)

I have had this engine for a while but did not fly it that often. After about 10 hrs of use I had to send it in for service because flames came out the front of it. From what I thought was going to be a simple and inexpensive service came out to be a $700.00 repair. This engine has always had a FOD screen by the way. After Two weeks I was told that the turbine needed bearings and new combustion chamber and a few other items. I guess thing happen but I was dumb founded that after 10 hours I needed to change these item and with no warranty nothing I could do. After I paid the bill I did get the engine back from Eric pretty fast something like 4 days or so which was great as it gave me time to put it back in my F-15 before KY Jets.

Here again if it was under life time warranty this should have been covered, unless the damage was crash induced, and if it was purchased long ago then there was no LTW in effect.

I'm just trying to understand what was meant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.