Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Falcon or Tornado

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
The Tornado is a new design with a redesigned wing
26.37%
The Tornado is a Falcon 120 with, sheeted wings, a fuel tank and mount
73.63%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Falcon or Tornado

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:46 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Falcon or Tornado

There has been much debate as to whether the Tornado Sports Jet as promoted by ModelbauUSA is or isn't essentially the same plane as the Falcon 120. I was wondering what others think.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:07 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

Default RE: Falcon or Tornado

Well at the moment the Tornado has it but only 4 votes cast
Old 10-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Couch Potato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey what's up Dennis, got sand in your v@gina ?
Old 10-04-2011, 01:30 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Couch Potato

Hey what's up Dennis, got sand in your v@gina ?

I think that might indeed be the case........... The Tornado still has it at the moment
Old 10-04-2011, 03:09 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I may have said this before but I will repeat myself, A few a months ago a couple of guys at my field were talking on this same subject and it
turns out one had a NIB Falcon 120 and the other had a NIB Tornado. They agreed to meet at the field and compair both kits, I was not their the
day they compaired them but I asked the guy with the Falcon and he said they were basically the same. IMO one would be better off going with
the Tornado because it is beefed up compaired to the falcon and come with a engine mount much less work to get in the air and have a
relable plane especialy for the novice. Also the Tornado has been upgraded from the first batch which the guy at my field had and I think
they doing another upgrade on the next batch.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:16 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Does it really matter? The tornado is a available in a go fly package for a turbine without mods or pages of posts talking about how to make it work with a turbine. My money would go to the one I don't have to modify, I don't really care whether or not its a copy of something. From the falcon 120's I've seen I wouldn't bother with one of them simply due to the amount of extra work they take to make them suitable for a turbine.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:38 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

Does it really matter? The tornado is a available in a go fly package for a turbine without mods or pages of posts talking about how to make it work with a turbine. My money would go to the one I don't have to modify, I don't really care whether or not its a copy of something. From the falcon 120's I've seen I wouldn't bother with one of them simply due to the amount of extra work they take to make them suitable for a turbine.

I Agree with you 100%
Old 10-04-2011, 07:13 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

ya left off the

who cares

option
Old 10-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

I don't know if they are copies or not but I haven't heard of any Tornado's exploding in the air. I can't say the same about the Falcons of which I have personally seen one come apart in the air. Nothing but confetti left and of course it took the motor with it, and that is where the real tragedy lies for guys who think they are going to save money by purchasing a Falcon. I would challenge anyone to show me the savings when your turbine hits the pavement and needs $1,000.00 worth of repairs. Falcons have never been and will probably never be designed for turbine use.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:09 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

Looks like the Falcon 120 is now way out in front

Dennis
Old 10-05-2011, 03:34 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

As I said in thier thread... they put together a nice package and a very good price... but it is NOT a new jet... or even a redesigned jet. It's a Falcon with different bullheads, sheeted wings, and maybe better quality control since ModelbauUSA is looking them over before sending them out.

Really I don't care... but since I own my own biz, and I AM a manufacture... I really wish ModelbauUSA didn't try to insult our inteligance by saying it's a totaly new jet. If they said... "Hey guys... I talked with FLY-Modles, and got them to do some upgrades for us." I would be more inclined to buy from them in the future.

And as far as where it's manufactured... who cares. To keep prices down... you are using people who are not "Hobbyists" and they can have a bad day too.

So basically... tell me that is "Your Spec" of the Falcon, and I will buy from you. Keep telling me that it's your design... and I will buy elsewhere.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:44 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pay a little money... Get a lot of jet.. Fly the piss out of it... Be happy[8D]. What's the problem?
Old 10-05-2011, 05:33 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Saying a Falcon 120 and a Tornado are the same plane is like saying a DC-10 and the MD-11 are the same plane too.

Beave
Old 10-05-2011, 06:27 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

And they both look look like small copies of a bobcat so neither are really original anyway right? But still, for my money I'll take a tornado. They work and for the money I can have one airframe for each day of the week for the same money as a bobcat.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:45 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

If you click the link below you will see I think where Modelbau bought the Falcons/Tornados from. Amazing what you can find on the net. So I think this confirms that they came from and were made in China. Public information I think

http://www.importgenius.com/supplier...y-model-co-ltd
Old 10-05-2011, 06:55 AM
bevar

I had the Bolicat down at Markham last month and an experienced modeler came up to me and Pablo and asked "Is that a Falcon 120?" I said no and laughed. He then asked "Is that a Tornado?". Now both Pablo and I laughed.

It was my BVM Bobcat...AKA The Bolicat. When we told him it was a Bobcat...he was surprised.

Beave

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

And they both look look like small copies of a bobcat so neither are really original anyway right? But still, for my money I'll take a tornado. They work and for the money I can have one airframe for each day of the week for the same money as a bobcat.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:00 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got a falcon120 and have a good number of flights on it without it turning into confettie.

For $350 extra, I'll keep the cash In my back pocket, and use some of those modelling skills...

Thanks

dave
Old 10-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: bigplumbs

If you click the link below you will see I think where Modelbau bought the Falcons/Tornados from. Amazing what you can find on the net. So I think this confirms that they came from and were made in China. Public information I think

http://www.importgenius.com/supplier...y-model-co-ltd

Nice LOL !!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:39 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Good grief...talk about the proverbial "tempest in a teapot."

I'm with the crowd that says the OPneeds one more choice, ie. "who gives a rat's arse."

ORIGINAL: bevar

Saying a Falcon 120 and a Tornado are the same plane is like saying a DC-10 and the MD-11 are the same plane too.

Beave
The F-14A vs F-14D comes to mind, as well.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:47 PM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: Dr Honda

As I said in thier thread... they put together a nice package and a very good price... but it is NOT a new jet... or even a redesigned jet. It's a Falcon with different bullheads, sheeted wings, and maybe better quality control since ModelbauUSA is looking them over before sending them out.

Really I don't care... but since I own my own biz, and I AM a manufacture... I really wish ModelbauUSA didn't try to insult our inteligance by saying it's a totaly new jet. If they said... ''Hey guys... I talked with FLY-Modles, and got them to do some upgrades for us.'' I would be more inclined to buy from them in the future.

And as far as where it's manufactured... who cares. To keep prices down... you are using people who are not ''Hobbyists'' and they can have a bad day too.

So basically... tell me that is ''Your Spec'' of the Falcon, and I will buy from you. Keep telling me that it's your design... and I will buy elsewhere.

Seems to me on line no. 1 that you are describing a redesigned jet right where you say: ...different bulkheads, sheeted wing and better QC...

Gerry
I am voting for the unposted choice suggested by sluggo: Who gives a rat's arse
Old 10-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Mike06659

How about a poll to revoke Bigplumbs RCU membership. You are in every forum I go into with useless negative comments. Like I said in another forum get a facebook page!!

Old 10-05-2011, 06:02 PM
bevar

Nah...keep him. Little Stones is a wonderful reminder of how pathetic and insignificant some people can be. He's the role model for NPD and all of it's issues.

Beave

Old 10-05-2011, 06:07 PM
bevar

NPD: Narcissistic Personality Disorder

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1) Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
2) Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3) Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
4) Requires excessive admiration
5) Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
6) Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
7) Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
8) Is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
9) Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
Old 10-05-2011, 06:17 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Hmmm...that sounds an awful lot like another disorder - which one might think would be a medical condition, but it is not - and that disorder is called "*****hole."
Old 10-05-2011, 06:21 PM
bevar

Shack!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.