Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Whats up with Sierra Precision?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Whats up with Sierra Precision?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 08:59 AM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats up with Sierra Precision?

Yes, communication is key Rob. I am the type of person that doesn't mind waiting IF i know I am going to be waiting. But, make me wait when I don't know whats going on, well that's when frustration starts to sink in on me. Again, I will give him all the time he needs if he is still recovering, I would like to make sure he is around for a while since his stuff is really great most of the time!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Thunder8A36
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats up with Sierra Precision?

Hi guys!

Im sorry to hear that but this is something I knew it was going to happens more soon to later, this time was an accident but could be something else. Darrell is an exelent machinist and there is not objection to that. I have my personal opinion on how I would have aproached some of the landing gears design specially the ones that are having problems and failed. But the most important factor here is CUSTOMER SERVICE. You cant survive a bussiness if you dont have it! customers are your bread and butter!. Darrell bring Sierra to a level he cant control as he wished. THere is too many other "things" involved here that I dont want to comment because will not be rigth to do. He did a great job taking away the monopoly to Robart and forcing them to improove. Now is his turn to do something or fail.

Yes we are making some of the Hobby parts mostly for scale market and custom jobs; but I want be clear that hobby is not our main bussines, is just a verry small portion I do beause I care and I like the hobby. I can make everithing Sierra is making but I have to make quantityes not just one or two and they cant be as cheap as Sierra if you want to have a constant quality. I own the bussiness, I have a proffesional crew of American workers and a true bussiness structure but I cant beat his prices because he doesnt have it, he doesnt have same overhead cost because most probably he doest own the bussiness.Is just a matter of maths. I dont offer what I dont have and I receive calls all time ad inquires about different stuff and allways bee honest with customers when they ask HOW MUCH TIME or if I can do something at a targeted price. I just say, Im sorry but I cant.

By the way, I will be more than happy if could help him with his production problems! is just a matter of good will and take the next step. If I have to start from 0 all designs and reverse enginering all his designs, it will take a long time and money and the only and mostly afected will be the customers, you! the one reading the post! because you will need a spare to fix one unit or you will need a new kit for your new project or for a new model. So Im open to help the RC airplanes comunity but the big desicion doesnt relay in me only.

David