Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Rookie 2 power plant

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Rookie 2 power plant

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Justflying1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rookie 2 power plant

Im putting together a Rookie Jet 2 with full thrust vectoring.
My biggest concern is power plant for 3D flying. I am not interasting in high speed but i want a jet that can hover and do all 3D manovers.
I was thinking of putting a Jetcat 140 which puts out 31 pounds of thrust and wanted your openion if this is going to do the job.
Jet will be kept as light as possible and i will not be installing a smoke tank for thuis reason.
Thank you
Old 03-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts
Default RE: Rookie 2 power plant

Really you still need a P160 turbine, it will hover with a P-140, but you will be close to the top of the box and will have very little for pull away. (you would not be safe to hover close to the ground!) The vector nozzle takes away quite a bit of power, even with small movements

regards

Dave
Old 03-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Justflying1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rookie 2 power plant

HI Dave,
Thanks for the reply.
I think i better put the bigger power plant in it then, and be extra carefull on the throttle stick. :-)