Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help us save our flying field - sign this petition

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Help us save our flying field - sign this petition

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 06:31 AM
bill4719
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help us save our flying field - sign this petition

signed from Alabama
Old 05-17-2012, 06:32 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Not to upset you however you have not given the reason why you have been asked to leave. You don't own the property only lease it from the county. I went to your website to find further information but there is none. When I place my vote for anything I research both sides of the issue and don't blindly say I do.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:47 AM
chrigui

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

firmato ora ..dall' ITALIA
Old 05-17-2012, 06:50 AM
JetGirl

Signed from Dallas, Texas
Good Luck to you
Patricia
Boomerang Jets USA
Old 05-17-2012, 07:03 AM
JackD
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, what an awesome response!!!!! keep it comming, we knew we could count on our fellow modelers to stand together on tough times

Infinite thanks from the BARCS club
Old 05-17-2012, 07:09 AM
JackD

ORIGINAL: flycatch

Not to upset you however you have not given the reason why you have been asked to leave. You don't own the property only lease it from the county. I went to your website to find further information but there is none. When I place my vote for anything I research both sides of the issue and don't blindly say I do.

In a nutshell: to create swamplands that will render the whole area non accessible to humans. In theory it should be a park, but once you read the proposal from EBRPD, you can see they are designing it to keep humans away. For example, the hiking trail is by the road track, the entrance is on the opposite side from where people leave, so they need to drive 3 miles to get to a park that was originally on their back yard

The EBRPD is desperate to start ASAP to avoid public backlash. They only have 1M out of the 8M they need, and the Environmental Assessment has not been completed. We sent a response to their environmental assessment and we have been ignored. They want us out by june even though they are not ready from a design, funding and permits point of view

I'll be glad to send you via email our response to their environmental review. PM your email address and I'll send it to you

Old 05-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Koenieboy

Signed from Belgium .

Good luck with it
Old 05-17-2012, 07:21 AM
flycatch

Now that you have explained the circumstance I won't side with your side of the issue. A swampland is just that and is not intended to be an attraction for humans. If you club owned the land and were being evicted at the convience of the county than that would be another issue.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:22 AM
rcboone2000

Signed from KS.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:37 AM
JackD

Now that you have explained the circumstance I won't side with your side of the issue. A swampland is just that and is not intended to be an attraction for humans. If you club owned the land and were being evicted at the convience of the county than that would be another issue.
No problem. We appreciate the time you dedicated to look into the issue and thoroughly evaluate your response

Thanks
Jack Diaz
Old 05-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Bravo77

What's your problem the guy is just asking for some help
Old 05-17-2012, 08:12 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Done!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:12 AM
flycatch

I don't have a problem but I do have an opposing point of view.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:20 AM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Signed from Louisville, KY...Good luck.

Lewis Patton

Old 05-17-2012, 08:21 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

More r/c clubs and less swamps. Conservationism should not be radical.

I signed the petition too, as the only reason I visited the u.s. was for attending r/c events.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:30 AM
F-16 viperman

Just signed it! Why would anyone who believes in the freedom to enjoy the hobby not sign it? I guess some think freedom is staying home, and letting Your brain be turned to mish-mash by the crap on tv. Let's face it, anyone with intellect knows it's all crap. You can't have a better life if You can't imagine it! Just My 2 cents.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:31 AM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: JackD

In a nutshell: to create swamplands that will render the whole area non accessible to humans. In theory it should be a park, but once you read the proposal from EBRPD, you can see they are designing it to keep humans away. For example, the hiking trail is by the road track, the entrance is on the opposite side from where people leave, so they need to drive 3 miles to get to a park that was originally on their back yard

The EBRPD is desperate to start ASAP to avoid public backlash. They only have 1M out of the 8M they need, and the Environmental Assessment has not been completed. We sent a response to their environmental assessment and we have been ignored. They want us out by june even though they are not ready from a design, funding and permits point of view

I'll be glad to send you via email our response to their environmental review. PM your email address and I'll send it to you

So, it is not a swamp now? If it ins't, this is unbelieveable, but not unexpected.

Oh, Signed from Pittsburgh also......
Old 05-17-2012, 08:52 AM
JackD

ORIGINAL: G4guy

So, it is not a swamp now? If it ins't, this is unbelieveable, but not unexpected.

Oh, Signed from Pittsburgh also......

Yeap, it is not a swamp today. I will post the the EIR (environmental impact report) response from our club as well as the support letter from AMA for those of you who are interested.

And a big thanks to all for looking into this... without flying fields, we just have very expesive static models
Old 05-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Signed from Puerto Rico
Old 05-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Scott Geller
My Feedback: (6)

signed - good luck
Old 05-17-2012, 09:05 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Signed, but this, amongst many many other reasons, is why I will never move to Nazi california.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:21 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

I signed. the guy who wants a swamp is also from Cal. Dennis
Old 05-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Roger Shipley
My Feedback: (35)

Hey JackD, done and will also send notices to a couple hundred RC folks involved in the JWM & Route 66 Jets.
Hey to Senior and congrats on TG success !!! Roger
Old 05-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Shaun Evans

No problem. We appreciate the time you dedicated to look into the issue and thoroughly evaluate your response

Thanks
Jack Diaz

Jack,

I wish more people were able to be kind (if not just civil and respectful) to people who have a difference of opinion. You offered appreciation for his taking the time to look into the matter instead of giving him a ration for not helping. You're a gentleman.

I always have those guys standing outside my supermarket collecting petition signatures, and as often as not I'll stop and talk. They seldom want you to read the thing but instead nutshell it for you. I ALWAYS read it, and it's almost always the exact opposite of what the guy said. I think Flycatch is right to look into it first, and to not sign if he doesn't agree.

I've got opinions pro and con, but since I fly (and since it's Jack asking), I'll happily sign. Heaven knows it might be my field next...
Old 05-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Slowroll
My Feedback: (28)

Signed from Alabama, Hope this helps guys, good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.