Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

CARF Siai Marchetti

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

CARF Siai Marchetti

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2021, 10:49 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

I’m pretty certain it’s the same fuselage, the turbo prop carbon motor mount goes onto the gas fuselage.
There also was an article in JetPower magazine in the last couple of years converting a Gas to TP set up
The following users liked this post:
wing13z (12-22-2021)
Old 12-31-2022, 11:08 AM
tmgreen64

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have always wanted one of these planes, so I ordered one in June and it came in for Christmas. I did not order the long nose one for a turbine; I just like the other cowling better. So I waited until the plane came in so I could make a decision on what to use for power. I have a Kingtech TP60 on the way. I will post some photos. There is a photo of some servo mounts I got from Amazon.. I like these better than the wood one that is supplied. I always change everything, the first thing I did was to make a difference type of setup for the flaps. But that is just me. I got a lot of good info from this forum and thanks for all stuff you posted, it sure helps.

Old 12-31-2022, 03:05 PM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi TM green, it is a lot of work to convert but the plane is a joy to fly. I like your color scheme. Good luck

Behzad
Old 07-13-2023, 04:39 PM
tmgreen64

I am about ready to test the Marchetti, I will post some photos soon. I am using electron retracts and they are heavy. The flying weight will be more than I expected. Using the short cowl and Kingtech TP60, everything had to go up front to get the proper GC. I am using the front of the wing tube for the GC does this seem good? I just love the way it looks. I wanted to put a cockpit and pilot in it but, going to keep it as light as I can until I get a few flights on it. How much do your Marchetti weight? Thanks

T Green
Old 07-13-2023, 04:51 PM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi, from mine, with Jetcat SPT5, it took a lot of nose weight to balance. The balance point is about 2/3 back from the front of the tube so I would say you are about 1” too forward. It flies great and a pain to move around with the fat fuse and pipes sticking out. Good luck.

‘behzad
The following users liked this post:
tmgreen64 (07-13-2023)
Old 07-13-2023, 05:04 PM
tmgreen64

My plane is coming out at about 40 lbs, and nothing in it. But I am glad to hear where your GC is, that makes me feel a lot better. I have not added any weight. but everything is up front. Now to glue the canopy in, I dread that job. thanks for the info. And for moving it, I think my wife is tried of helping.

tg