Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fresno 2012 Jet Rally, no turbines?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fresno 2012 Jet Rally, no turbines?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 04:37 AM
gatorbait2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fresno 2012 Jet Rally, no turbines?

Everybody keeps hinting about "inside stories" and "everybody knows what happened two years ago" and Mark Taylor "did not want certain people attending".
If you have something to say, just say it, don't just hint.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:34 AM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

ORIGINAL: gatorbait2

Everybody keeps hinting about ''inside stories'' and ''everybody knows what happened two years ago'' and Mark Taylor ''did not want certain people attending''.
Guys, there's no inside stories. Mark simply was tired of dealing with the hassles associated with running the event, and was no longer involved in turbine jets as much as in the past. I believe he started doing Warbird racing more. The new people who took over the event were not familiar with how to publicize and promote the event, so it fell out of the minds of the turbine community. That's about as simple as it gets.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: The ONLY reason I have not attended Fresno Jets the past two years, was that I did not know the event was being held. I am certain that is the same case as many other turbine pilots. So, let's just get pass the conjecture and move on to how to fix it. Fresno Jets was for years the opening to the fall flying season for us and an absolute must to attend. There is no reason that should not return to being so. This is a decision the club needs to address. I think the turbine community stands ready to support and attend the event.

Al,

You should choose your words more carefully. It's just plain common sense not to put two vastly disparate types of aircraft in the air at the same time, bad things can happen when the speed difference is too large. This has absolutely nothing to do with "feeling intimidated". "Intimidation" casts a very negative tone to a situation that doesn't require it. Perhaps the negative tone is coming from you. Best not to paint the entire electric community with your feelings. I can guarantee you Tam isn't intimidated to put any of his EDF jets in the air at a jet event.

I also, hereby officially apologize to you, as a member of the jet community, that you went to so much effort welding tables together, only for us to not attend. We always appreciate the effort local club members make in inviting us to their fields for events, making it exclusive to our use for the weekend. And all of the effort that goes into it, behind the scenes. Our lack of attendance was not intentional. Thank you for your efforts on our behalf!

David S

Old 08-12-2012, 06:57 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: gatorbait2

Everybody keeps hinting about ''inside stories'' and ''everybody knows what happened two years ago'' and Mark Taylor ''did not want certain people attending''.
I'm not hinting at anything. I've stated that there were rumors and I'm sure they were false. I agree with David, let's have Fresno Jets return to the jet community for both EDF and turbine pilots to participate.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:46 AM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can't call it Fresno Jets if you have turbines banned, plus this is only an one weekend out of the entire year, you could always have EDF only events and gatherings whenever you like.

My commitment to sponsor Fresno firmly stands if turbine is a go, c'mon boys, let's bring it back!

Barry
Old 08-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Ricco
My Feedback: (11)

Al,

Your really pissing me off! I don't know you and at the club meeting thursaday i was asking about you and nobody knew you. You owe all the people you have insulted an apalogy.

Ricco
Old 08-12-2012, 10:02 AM
fxvtol

David S.

I do try to choose my words carefully, when I was speaking about being intimidated I was speaking what I saw flying in the air at several jet events that I attended. In other words that people at the event were intimidated by the difference in speed.

David also I thought all the negative comments after I post, was a personal attack on me, and was not constructive to getting at the heart of the problem.

I agree with you that the event was not promoted enough, now in all fairness the person putting on the event last year had a mini stroke about one month before the event. He is doing fine now.

I believe large events like this should be dedicated to say at least three members of the club. That way if someone had a medical or personal emergency you would have at least two members responsible for the event.

Also the gas turbine community should appoint a person or panel to represent them. So in the future if a club wanted an event the panel would approve it, then the club could count on a sizable number of gas or EDS Jets showing up at the event.

Last year I felt sorry and embarrassed for our club president when three jet showed up and 50 of the general public expected to see an air show and all were disappointed.

Your apology graciously accepted.

Al
Old 08-12-2012, 10:05 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

A few comments from an outsider from the other coast...

There are legitimate reasons to hold an EDF-only event - hence E-Jets, Joe Nall eWeek, etc. As has been noted in this thread and others recently, some EDFs are not really compatible with turbines and really shouldn't be flown at the same time. In addition, there are some guys who are into those kind of EDFs and not into the big ones and/or turbines. If the club want to have an EDF-only event to give those guys, and others, their own EDF event, then they shouldn't be criticized for doing so, or forced to take turbines if they'd rather not - for this event. In addition, it seems a bit late in the process to significantly change the event (but maybe not).

At the same time, there seems to be a ground-swell of support from the turbine guys in the general area to come down there and fly. It looks like a well-publicized turbine event might have a pretty good turnout.

It would seem that a compromise position might be a good idea. Why not go ahead with the EDF-only event as scheduled and see how it goes? At the same time, perhaps the turbine guys who have expressed an interest here could work with the club to setup an event where turbines are welcome. An "impromptu" jet gathering on a subsequent weekend this year may be possible with perhaps a more widely publicized and better planned event for next year...

Just some thoughts...

Bob
Old 08-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe Fresno Jets should be renamed Frenso E-Jets, then everyone will know its an EDF event and not turbine. If the club decides to have a turbine event in the future, then we have Fresno Jets. Joe C!!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:27 AM
fxvtol

John

John I didn't attend the meeting on Thursday because what I usually do is go flying out at the field before I attend the meeting and anyway that day I had a lot of things to do and so I didn't go flying at the field so I basically I'm driving from Madera and I didn't want to drive that far just to go to The meeting.

I'm sorry if I and getting you pissed off but I'm new to this posting and blog situation here and some people really take things the wrong way as I'm finding out.

For example when I mention we're having a Joe sixpack jet event, some people didn't get it and he was a joke! Some people need to lighten up.

I plan to attend the show and tell event at the Denny's restaurant this Thursday and we can get together there. I also heard that you wanted to get together a group of people who were going to be at the EDF event and want to to help with the event setting it up.

I am officially apologize to anybody that I offended on this blog and I'm sorry for that.

Al
Old 08-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Ricco

Al

Thank you
Old 08-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Ricco

Bob thanks i agree with you 100%. By the way everyone this event is called Fresno Ducted Fan Jet Rally. Dynamax and OS 91 allowed too.

ricco
Old 08-12-2012, 11:19 AM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hopefully we will see a Fresno Turbine Jet Rally sometimes soon!
Old 08-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Ricco

After going to our club meeting Thursday i would say there is a very good chance of having a turbine event next year.

Is there anyone on this thread that is going to come to our event next month?

Ricco
Old 08-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Mark Taylor
My Feedback: (2)

It has been more than 3 years since I visited this website. I do so now because I heard my name was being tossed around again.
There seems to be quite alot of selective memory recall/ revisionist history going on. NOBODY remembers the boycott Fresno campaign that was started by Ron Long and endorsed and supported by a large number of his "friends" both in the north and south?
Matt and I decided we could no longer accept the responsibility, both financially and legally, for the event. It's that simple.
I stand ready to help Ricco in any way I can, to help him put on a successful and fun event.

Over and out......
Old 08-13-2012, 12:39 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Mark,

Who is rewriting history. Ron was out of the hobby by the end of 2009. So he wasnt boycotting the Fresno 2010 event. He got into it with your Boss at CAJETS 2009 (after he tried to make peace with your boss, BV wasn't interested) and he still went to Fresno 2009. Ron and his friends were shunned at your event.

I'm not saying that Ron 100% innocent, he was right there pushing the purple kool-aid talk. But he was trying to apologize.

Nothing good is going to come from this discussion, but incorrect info should be corrected.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Mark Taylor

I printed a hard copy of every single exchange on this website......names, dates and times. Nice try.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:24 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Here is a link to the thread that fell on deaf ears in 2010.... Nuf said..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_99...tm.htm#9948323

Old 08-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Mark Taylor

Nuf said..... really Doug?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:36 PM
F4dar
My Feedback: (55)

AND THE PLOT THICKENS

Tune in for our next epsiode to find out if the overly excitable digitally controlled, purple coolaid drinking CA super pilots will mix their kerosene injected super blowers and burn up the blue skies over Fresno and shake the town. or will they stay home, sip orange juice and relax?

Is it about drama or flying............(off course there are people involved...lol)
Old 08-13-2012, 03:38 PM
AFTERBURNER1

Well?????? At least I tried..... No big deal. And it wasn't a jab at you... Don't get your chonies in a bunch..

Cheers
Old 08-13-2012, 03:41 PM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: F4dar

AND THE PLOT THICKENS

Tune in for our next epsiode to find out if the overly excitable digitally controlled, purple coolaid drinking CA super pilots will mix their kerosene injected super blowers and burn up the blue skies over Fresno and shake the town. or will they stay home, sip orange juice and relax?

Is it about drama or flying............(off course there are people involved...lol)

Nah,,,,, it's all about the flying!!!! I'll get my fix at BEST IN THE WEST.... That show is going to be OFF THE HOOK this year. No doubt about that with Classy Joe C running it.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Mark Taylor

Nice dig, Doug....... I'm sure Joe appreciates being dragged into your mess.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:49 PM
F4dar
My Feedback: (55)

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

AND THE PLOT THICKENS

Nah,,,,, it's all about the flying!!!! I'll get my fix at BEST IN THE WEST.... That show is going to be OFF THE HOOK this year. No doubt about that with Classy Joe C running it.

THATS where I ll be going this year......

"BEST IN THE WEST, WHERE EVEN THE MOST INTIMIDATED PILOTS ARE WELCOMED"

JS
Old 08-13-2012, 03:57 PM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

AND THE PLOT THICKENS

THATS where I ll be going this year......

''BEST IN THE WEST, WHERE EVEN THE MOST INTIMIDATED PILOTS ARE WELCOMED''

JS

Really Jason???? Yeah, I know who you are. Intimidated??? What does that mean???? From what I can recall myself and everyone else in so cal has offered and assisted you in your turbine powered experience..

Old 08-13-2012, 03:59 PM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: Mark Taylor

Nice dig, Doug....... I'm sure Joe appreciates being dragged into your mess.

My mess???? I didn't start this thread.. I just stated that BITW will be a great show as always. Edf, turbine, turbo prop etc... Good fun for all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.