Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BobCat elev. throw

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BobCat elev. throw

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 09:40 PM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default BobCat elev. throw

Hi Guys

I am just doing the final touches ( you know the last 5 % that takes 90 % of your time ) on my RAM 500 powered BobCat and came across a question. I realize that Tony is using 20 degrees throw for elevator travel IN EACH DIRECTION. My question is to those that are currently flying BobCats what is the max amount of throw for the elevator you are using for UP and for down. In the BV manual it says 1 3/4 " for each way ? I would think that would be a little extreme.

TIA
Dean
Old 04-20-2002, 11:12 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Elev throw

I'm have 10, 15 and 20 degrees in each direction, on low, medium and high rates. I'm also running expo (different amount on each rate, with a max of 20%).

I also run a little less expo on the DOWN elevator, mostly to reduce the amount of stick I use in the inverted. (I think mine may still be a little nose-heavy, but I'm changing that just a teeny bit at a time.

Regs,
Gordon
Old 04-21-2002, 02:46 AM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For you guys who are not set-up to measure it in degrees, it is 1 1/16" up throw and 1 5/16" down. Now go get a device to measure it in degrees, they're far more accurate.
Old 04-21-2002, 04:41 AM
booker-RCU
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elevator Throw - Bobcat

Dean
I fly a standard Bobcat with a Ram 500. I just went down stairs and measured the elevator throw. I have 1 1/4", 1", 3/4", up and down. This was set up by John Redman. I fly it on the middle rate. But then I'm a conservative flyer.
Galen
Old 04-21-2002, 04:48 AM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Gents

Just wanted to be in the ballpark. After covering and hinging, it turns out I had to shave a little to get more deflection. I now have a little over 1 inch deflection in each direction - quite a bit more than I am accustomed to with jets....that's why the question.

Dean
Old 04-21-2002, 09:16 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Guys..

Remember Tony comes from a competition precision aerobatics background. One thing you can be sure of.. his setups are going to give you a very smooth flying airplane. Basically you can't go wrong by following his setup guide.

Oh.. and IMO there's only one throw measuring device worth a damn.. and that's the laser pointer done by Jerry Budd (www.buddengineering.com)

-Doug