Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

9303 and flaps

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

9303 and flaps

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Dig it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 and flaps

I'm having a time getting the flaps to function in my PST Panther. I bought it used and its in great shape but I'm not familiar with programming this kind of stuff. Its my first jet. I want to use a y harness to run the flaps and take advantage of the 3-positions switch on the top left of the 9303. I'm not sure I can even do what I want. Right now, only one flap moves yet both are getting power. I'm able to get the 3pos to work on the first two settings but not the third. Its either 100% up or down although I can change that. Setup is all very simple, no regulators, reverser's, single battery for Rx and one for ECU. As is, everything is functional including turbine startup except the cotton pickin flaps.

So, two questions, can I do as I want with one channel and a Y and how do I program the thing.

I've done my fair share of looking around and not been successful. Help a guy out.

Dale
Old 07-10-2012, 04:08 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 9303 and flaps

dale, thats my set up. 9303 and the three pos switch. Try using seperate servos for the set up, maybe there's a problem with one of the servos. I have a Y on my flaps and all works great, I even use the speed function as I can slow the speed of the flap when deployed.

so my suggestion would be, grab a different Y and 2 dufferent servos, and try using that to see if there is a problem with the flaps in the Panther..

Mark
Old 07-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

On the PST Panther the flaps can be programed on one channel with a "Y" harness if one of the servos is reversed. Other wise you need to use two channels or a channel expander.
To program the 3 position flap, mix flap to flap and assign it to the switch position you want. use a mix for each position
Old 07-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Dig it

I have a servo reverser I can put in there. I'll give it a try. Gotta goto work tonight though so I'll be a week before I can give it a go. dam work. lol

Dale
Old 07-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Make your life easier! Just go to the wing type screen and select a free channel as mate for flaps, inactivate trim, on the wing type screen select "FM" for your independent trims for each flap podition, plug second flap servo on the selected mate channel on your receiver, activate flap system and assign the necessary petcentages based on required throw to each of the flap positions, no need to set-up any mixes, ensure second servo moves in the correct direction on the servo reverse screen...
Old 07-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Dig it

Well, not so easy when your out of channels. I may end up using a Y-harness between the rudder and nose steering. More work but if thats what it takes, so be it.

Dale
Old 07-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

how many channels on your receiver? if you do not have a free channel, then omit the servo mate part and just use a reversing "Y" ar a JR matchbox to reverse and center the second servo, still you do not need to do any mixes on the radio, just use the flap system...
Old 07-10-2012, 09:48 PM
skyhawknut
My Feedback: (3)

Never use a reversing Y. It will let you down sooner or later.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I use that setup with the Oz equivalent of the 9303 (9X2).

I used Hitec digitals & reversed one using the Hitec servo programmer.

What servos are you using? - John.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Dig it

ITs a nine chanel Rx. I have the turbine using the 3-pos switch but in reality I can remove that and go with the other startup method. I do have a matchbox which is what I was talking about when I said reverser. My bad. I think that between a matchbox and eliminating the Aux channel for the turbine I can make it work.

Now, hopefully I can figure out how to program the radio

Thanks all

Dale