Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New test and tune bench for Nano turbines from www.HAB.se

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New test and tune bench for Nano turbines from www.HAB.se

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: New test and tune bench for Nano turbines from www.HAB.se

The kit is now ready and available via HAB or Ready2fly

http://www.hab.se/venom-turbin-konve...980-c-612.aspx

http://www.ready2fly.com/shop/USER_A...tegorie_ID=255

Here is a pic of the engine mount, the engine is removable by screws from behind. It's very light and low profile, all to keep the installed weight at it's lowest. This kit might reduce the AUW by as much as 3-4oz, as the lighter mount equals less weight in the nose to achieve CG. The stock clamp had to go as it's very bulky yet flimsy on the P20. It also only supports screwing the engine in via a hatch, not from the rear. Evoluion at it's best

Old 02-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Ian Davidson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New test and tune bench for Nano turbines from www.HAB.se

<DELETED>
Old 09-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Henke Torphammar

We just did at test with a 60cm/24" long thrust tube of my design, meant for a Flyfly Hunter. With the pipe installed we actually saw an increse in thrust up to 5oz more with only a small increase in EGT. We adjusted to the same thrust as without the pipe with a lower EGT. Thats good knowledge when building jets

This slim pipe will even fit 70mm EDFs which is great news!

Test performed on an old T25

Old 07-23-2014, 02:09 PM
Henke Torphammar

Our new 40mm thrust tube seem to run much cooler then the competitors 46mm tube. Actually both tubes are made from the same sheet of material but with the competitors bell mouth and given 46mm diameter. The larger tube gets colored blue by heat while our new smaller tube with my designed bellmouth(or what we shall call it) stays virtually untouched. Both tubes were ran with Kolibri T35 engines and had about the same amount of flights.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:37 AM
Henke Torphammar

So the T50 arrived. It is a 437gram / 0.96lb engine that is supposed to do 5kg / 11lb of thrust. Impressive stuff if you compare it to the competitors. If I'm allowed to take out the turns a little we see P60 power in a P20 sized engine. Well, not far from. It features a new billet compressor wheel and a neat connector for the external cables (just as the P20)

I though I would give it a go in the test bench. First with no thrust tube and then with a 46mm thrust tube. usually people choose a too big pipe and I thought 46mm would be a good start for the T50.

Not much action but something to show at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z6QpSgwWoQ
Now with the 46mm tube, pushing 5.4kg or 12lb!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhqKZHIKFx8

Last edited by Henke Torphammar; 08-19-2016 at 08:44 AM.