Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Shulman Turbinator >

Shulman Turbinator

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Shulman Turbinator

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 05:23 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shulman Turbinator

Anyone pick up Shulmans' ARF Turbinator and care to make comments about its quality and possibly a build thread?
Old 07-18-2012, 07:18 AM

Default RE: Shulman Turbinator

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10..._1/key_/tm.htm

I think this thread may be of help

Shepp
Old 07-18-2012, 07:40 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Three hints:

1) do a search
2) do a search
3) ......I forgot the third one.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:00 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Thanks fot the link.....but that was a one off pre production model. David just recently got the shipment in and I was wondering if anyone received it yet and had comments about the quality. This one from last year looks real nice though. I've got a K-80 that's currently in a Modelbeau Tornado. The Tornado is starting to look ratty now, with the cheap Chinakote tearing and wrinkling all over. The K-80 is looking for a new home. Would be nice if the Spring Air gear I got with the Tornado would work on the Turbinator
Old 07-18-2012, 12:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: DrYankum

Thanks fot the link.....but that was a one off pre production model. David just recently got the shipment in and I was wondering if anyone received it yet and had comments about the quality. This one from last year looks real nice though. I've got a K-80 that's currently in a Modelbeau Tornado. The Tornado is starting to look ratty now, with the cheap Chinakote tearing and wrinkling all over. The K-80 is looking for a new home. Would be nice if the Spring Air gear I got with the Tornado would work on the Turbinator
I belive the build discussed in the thread was a production model they may have made some changes in a later batch but I have not heard
anything. I think as far as your landing gear I thinkyou will find the Tubinator will a bit heavier than the Tornado.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:31 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The build thread is for a production version ARF. Any changes planned by Shulman were to be applied to a second production run. Check with Shulman to determine if yours is from the original run, and what hardware updates were included. If the second run has been fielded, there may be some slight differences.

If you have a first production model you will be happy with it. Especially if you apply the updated thrust line as shown in the thread. This jet has a wide speed envelope and no bad flying issues. It was an easy build.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:21 PM

I just received mine late last week, hope to start the assembly next week when I'm back home. Overall the quality looks great, this will be my first jet build but from all the other ARF's I've seen this is as good or better.

I'm planning to install my P-80SE, and Hitec 7955's.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did they go with the two peice fuse to reduce shipping cost on the latest kits?
Old 07-18-2012, 11:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_f_ceIXq-k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIFXzEUSMcM
Old 07-19-2012, 01:30 AM

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi:

I am working in another Turbinator too, but from short kit. At the moment I only have almost ready the fuselage, the main hatch is ready cover, I show you photo. The scheme will be "Thunderbirds".

Turbine K80F, Electron Retracts, struts and Wheels Air Power, Futaba 14MZ and Savox servos.

BR form Spain.
Carlos Márquez

Name:	Lj23534.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1783479  
Old 07-19-2012, 03:00 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

We had a container of Turbinator's arrive for European distribution about 8 weeks ago. The kits are supplied with a one piece fuselage. Two would have been welcome to reduce shipping costs, but the one piece sure is strong and light. There are a second set of turbine rails in each kit so you can adjust the thrust angle depending on what sort of power you are putting through them.
Unfortunately there is not a manual available as yet. When I spoke to David ( Shulman ) he said this was a work in progress, so I hope to hear from him soon. Till then. We have plenty of build photos, control throw settings and centre of gravity position.
Regards Al
Old 07-19-2012, 05:19 AM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ali, after Kentucky Jets I went to Shui's in Florida to pickup a Epic Victory jet, another Shockwave, Comp Arf P47 and TWO TURBINATORS.
As a side note, as I getting ready to leave Shui's to head back to Texas, Scott called and said he sold the Ultra Bandit and the guy wanted to pick it up at Shui's. Timing was everything.
Enjoyed talking to you in KY.