Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Best turbine manufacturer? Close it!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Best turbine manufacturer? Close it!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 12:51 AM
jimmycreek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks everybody (close it if you want to)

This poll helped me a lot. I have been saving to buy, and just wanted to get a confirmation on what I have seen.

I took everyone's advice and actually went to Florida Jets on Sunday I got to see AMT, Simjet, RAM and Jetcat fly.

I talked to reps (or at least they talked like reps) for all of these. One guy helped me a lot by telling me what to look for, little things to watch out for when selecting a turbine. Everything he said made sense and was evident at the event (he told me to keep his name out of this ha!)

A lot of you guys say hey just fly "whatever works for you", that "they are all good", etc.
Sure sounds good, but I can only afford to buy one!!!, so I have to pick something

Thanks again,
Old 04-26-2002, 03:30 AM
Bandito
My Feedback: (5)

Default Best turbine manufacturer? Close it!

Hummmmmm, lets see, Bob Violet is a J----- Distributor right???? Wonder what hes flying in his world Famous, Award winning F-100 (both of them) And his favorite baby in the world, his Blue Angels F-4????????? You all know ..... I know you do..... BUT I agree, whatever you feel comfortable with is what you should fly. After all, Its your $$$$ and your building time..... I also agree that the worm has turned on whos really who in the turbin world as of about a year ago. The good news is that the stiffer the competition, the better for everyone. We should all hope that everyone in every phase of this hobby does well. RB, amt rep
Old 04-26-2002, 09:21 AM
SpiderJets

Isn't there really anyone going to throw the burning match in the basket of kerosene ? So many impatient guys standing around it burning to see the fireworks (pun intended), and because it takes so long to have another flame war (pun intended) they blame each other for having wasted their time...
For sure I'll check this thread again. It's not informing, not objective, but very promising as it can be very entertaining. Like the Jerry Springer show ! I am only a bit disappointed now as in JS I can predict almost up to the second when the chairs will be thrown, the decorum will fall apart and the crowd ecstatic !
Old 04-26-2002, 09:42 AM
Chrism-RCU

Hi Nic,

I got to see the Jerry Springer show for the first time the other night, maaate the poll was a lot more fun than the show, but yes I can see the connection:-)

BRG,
Chris
Old 04-26-2002, 11:47 AM
Bandito

NIck, Hows your Gall bladder? You know STRESS can be harmfull. Whats wrong with a little harmless fun??????? Your post was certainly enlightening to the other 50 plus post!?
Old 04-26-2002, 01:16 PM
Michael

Default Bandito already threw a match in this one

What, because Bob Violet flys jetcat that makes it the best. Give me a break. I think an earlier post was right. This is going to be a chevy vs. ford deal all the way.

Chevy is Ram
Ford is Jetcat

And friends don't let friends drive Fords. LOL

Now I am just having a little fun here so don't get bent out of shape all.
Old 04-26-2002, 01:54 PM
Mach1

Default ^^^^

I agree....if BV jumped off a bridge...there'd be plenty of folks to
talk to on the way down!!
Let the shape bending begin...
Old 04-26-2002, 02:12 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Ok guys...
This thread is going nowhere at this point and no meaningful value is being added. It's time to close it down....
Todd