Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

What would you do if... ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

What would you do if... ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 05:34 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What would you do if... ?

I am a firm believer that if someone does not want me there, I certainly do not want to be there either. The tension it would create would make for a miserable time, and no one could enjoy an event knowing that there was someone there, especially the organizer, who did not want me there to participate. UMO, it is best to just stay away from it, go do your own thing and forget about it. Life is to short to let someone else control your joystick.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:58 AM
doolittles
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

]As for this event / Fun fly . Unfortutately i see this kind of thing happen a lot !
The CD of the event has the right to invite how he or she likes .
Old 02-11-2013, 06:38 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 02-11-2013, 07:37 AM
oliveDrab

Dear Mr Moderator and i3dm -

I liked this thread better when it said "Please delete". Haven't we beat this dead horse enough? i3dm: your experience with this matter is indeed unfortunate...........but........can we please retire this thread to the circular bin?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:39 AM
raziel1
My Feedback: (2)

maybe this guy is a big a hole i know thair are 2 people that i know that the club should ban from events just becouse when they show up people start getting mad at this guy . you know the tyep the person that thinks they know it all can do it all and no one is better then them and this person cant help but start conflict. ya that person should be kicked for like ever!!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 AM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not enough info for sure. But if it was just a personal beef between 2 guys, the guy who was rejected should take the high road, organize his own fly in and invite the banner of flyers to his event. If nothing else it would show that he is beyond such petty offenses.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:46 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 02-11-2013, 12:21 PM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: MANFRED

Not enough info for sure. But if it was just a personal beef between 2 guys, the guy who was rejected should take the high road, organize his own fly in and invite the banner of flyers to his event. If nothing else it would show that he is beyond such petty offenses.
This is exactly whats happening now.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Kevin_W
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If this were to happen in the US there would be lawsuits, counter suits, then the ACLU would get involved...
In the end the lawyers would all get rich, several local and federal "feelgood" laws would eventually be passed, both parties would have to undergo "sensitivity training", and a couple of years later there would be a crummy movie about it on the Lifetime network.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:45 PM
JimJones1
Banned

ORIGINAL: hooker53

ORIGINAL: i3dm

ORIGINAL: bluescoobydoo

if the excluded party is a bad pilot/builder he might have a good reason to exclude him as he has a duty of care to the rest of the people at the meeting
Not the case - one of the top builders/pilots in the country in everyone's opinion.

I still ask - what would you do if you were the person left outside ?
If it was a public area and that happened, I would tell your friend to take legal action.
Legal action. Get a grip he was just bared from entering an event. Legal action should be for somthing important
Old 02-11-2013, 12:48 PM
JimJones1
Banned

ORIGINAL: flycatch

The organizer was saying "it's my party and your not invited" end of story.

I agree. Surely it is the event organisers business who he lets into his event. If it was his event.

Or as an alternative they could both settle for handbags at dawnas a solution
Old 02-11-2013, 01:01 PM
i3dm

ORIGINAL: oliveDrab

I liked this thread better when it said ''Please delete''. Haven't we beat this dead horse enough? i3dm: your experience with this matter is indeed unfortunate...........but........can we please retire this thread to the circular bin?
i did remove my posts but the moderators brought them back.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not even going to touch this one. Way to much crap going on in the world already ! [&o]
Old 02-11-2013, 03:37 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I liked this thread better when it said ''Please delete''. Haven't we beat this dead horse enough? i3dm: your experience with this matter is indeed unfortunate...........but........can we please retire this thread to the circular bin?
Are you saying that the moderators did not give you the option of freedom of choice, I would sue it seems to be the way most US people say is the resolution to all things.

Come on Mods delete the whole thread for the sake of all our sanities reading this banal rubbish.

Mike
Old 02-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Rob2160

Hey guys,

What would you do if someone in your country arranged a jet meeting / fun fly, and told just one local pilot he will not be allowed to enter the field for personal reasons of the orginizer ?
and then set a guard at the entrance to the field in order to prevent this one guy from entering all weekend long ?

If this happend in your home, in your hobby - What would you do if you were him ?
Personally, if I was the one who was not allowed to enter the field, I would take my planes elsewhere.. and enjoy flying them and not waste a single thought on the sillypolitics of a few..

But there might be a fair reason for excluding this person.. you'dhave to know the the full story...
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM
JimJones1
Banned

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Are you saying that the moderators did not give you the option of freedom of choice, I would sue it seems to be the way most US people say is the resolution to all things.

Come on Mods delete the whole thread for the sake of all our sanities reading this banal rubbish.

Mike
So did you sit and read the thread ?
Old 02-12-2013, 02:39 PM
i3dm

Guys, please let this topic rest - i am done with it.

thank you.