Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

ULTRA Ultra-Flash

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

ULTRA Ultra-Flash

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 07:08 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: ULTRA Ultra-Flash

I think Andreas should take a look at this and start modifying those molds at the factory...

congrats, is it indeed the nicest Flash ever.

Enrique
Old 04-22-2013, 07:22 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: erbroens

I think Andreas should take a look at this and start modifying those molds at the factory...

Enrique
+1 !!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:32 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: erbroens

Enrique
At the least, it should be a swept fin option
Old 04-23-2013, 09:51 AM
mitchilito
My Feedback: (7)

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Duplicate post. . . .
Old 04-23-2013, 09:55 AM
mitchilito

ORIGINAL: RC Larry-RCU

Plane looks GREAT Mitch! Looking forward to seeing it at Wilson's ''First In Flight'' soon!
Hey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, How about a really cool Jackie Sacks Wing Bag to keep that beauty all safe and sound? ( yea,,,I know,,,Cheap Plug! ) lol
But ANYway,,,,, Jacqui finished up your Ultra Flash Wing Bag tonight. Should be getting shipped out by Wednesday.
And again,,,GREAT job on the re-build. If you're not careful guys are gonna start sending their wrecked jets to you for repairs!

Larry
Ooooo, that bag is SUH-WEET! Can't wait to stick my wing in it .

My wife said the same thing about busted jets! If I had to charge someone for the repair I did on my classic I'd have to charge about a million bucks. That way I'd at least be making $4 or $5 bucks an hour!

See you at FIF, Larry.

And thanks to all for the kind words.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:40 PM
mitchilito

The weather finally got good enough for some airtime. I got in three good flights and thought I'd share how I've experienced the difference between my new Ultra Flash vice the Classic version it used to be. The first thing I noticed is that the Ultra jumps off the ground waaaaay earlier than the classic. I fly off of a 400' grass runway and the Classic used to trundle most of the way down before hauling itself off the ground. The Ultra fairly leaps off the ground in maybe a little more than half the distance. This is with the exact same equipment I operated the Classic with. This factor alone makes you feel right off that the aircraft is lighter. (In fact it is - but only maybe a half pound).

Once airborne with gear and flaps stowed several small difference are noticeable. The Ultra definitely exhibits less roll coupling - knife edge flight is a pleasure. And the Ultra is unquestionably more slippery. It goes faster and takes longer to slow down. And finally - the best part - slow flight. The new flaps absolutely transform the slow flight regime. No more pitch hunting with anything over half flaps and no more need for crow (sorry Ali :-). And one last thing I just love is the fact that I can finally set elevator-to-flap mix so the aircraft doesn't change pitch with flap deployment. I mean ZERO change - just a nice level general slowing down as the flaps deploy and the elevator slowly re-trims (I've got them both set to 10 second deployment time on my DX18). Not sure why but this was not possible when this aircraft was a Classic Flash. No matter how I chased it around I could not get the flaps to deploy without a big bump in pitch with flap deployment.

And finally, how does the new Vertical Stabilizer work? I was a little concerned because the area of my new swept stab is slightly less than stock. However it resides further back from the center of rotation which increases its effectiveness. In the real world it is working just great. Zero coupling and pretty knife edge flight. What else can you ask for?

Of course I haven't done any spin testing yet. . . . . .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60992.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	1876423  
Old 04-27-2013, 01:36 PM
mitchilito

ORIGINAL: RC Larry-RCU

Plane looks GREAT Mitch! Looking forward to seeing it at Wilson's ''First In Flight'' soon!
Hey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, How about a really cool Jackie Sacks Wing Bag to keep that beauty all safe and sound? ( yea,,,I know,,,Cheap Plug! ) lol
But ANYway,,,,, Jacqui finished up your Ultra Flash Wing Bag tonight. Should be getting shipped out by Wednesday.
And again,,,GREAT job on the re-build. If you're not careful guys are gonna start sending their wrecked jets to you for repairs!

Larry
I got my Jackie Sack yesterday and what an awesome bag it is. For those of you not familiar with JackieSacks, they are the Rolls Royce of wingbags.

Thanks Jacqui and Larry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69030.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1876566  
Old 05-26-2013, 12:00 PM
TUMBLER
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was great meeting you this weekend Mitch. Thanks for the spare wing bolts! From one wounded Flash owner to another, you did an unbelievable job repairing your Flash!

Brian
Old 05-26-2013, 12:51 PM
mitchilito

Yeah, what a blast First in Flight Jet Rally is. At least you finally got some good flying in. Once you get that flash squared away it will go forever. Mine is just crazy-reliable - even after all the abuse I've put it through

I've got a bag of spare bolts for the Ultra - no big deal.
Mitch
Old 05-26-2013, 12:54 PM
TUMBLER
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I put 14 flights on it this weekend. I just need to add a knife edge is and it will be good to go. The bottom wing rolls out in both directions.

ORIGINAL: mitchilito

Yeah, what a blast First in Flight Jet Rally is. At least you finally got some good flying in. Once you get that flash squared away it will go forever. Mine is just crazy-reliable - even after all the abuse I've put it through

I've got a bag of spare bolts for the Ultra - no big deal.
Mitch
Old 05-26-2013, 02:43 PM
mitchilito

Did you get happy with its slow flight performance like I said you would? I know you did cuz it's a sweet flying plane with a little crow mixed in.

And, yes, it wants to roll out of knife edge. But balanced well it doesn't pull top or bottom. I love the damn thing!