Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Elite Aerosports Shockwave? >

Elite Aerosports Shockwave?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Elite Aerosports Shockwave?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 06:21 AM
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Elite Aerosports Shockwave?

If anyone has a RED/SILVER/BLACK one they want to get rid of, please PM me, I was going to order with Elite Aero but I don't like their pre-order policy of a non-refundable deposit Check Only (even though they said they accept paypal/visa/mc). Normally I would be fine with that had they guarantee delivery time, e.g. the current time is 8-10 weeks, which is fine, however, after 11 weeks the customer should have the option of canceling the order and get a full refund as it has exceeded the time limit, this is the case with CARF/Chief Aircraft/Krill and many other mfg's, however, it is NOT the case with Elite Aerosports which is too bad because considering they are a brand new venture that is asking a lot from the customer.

Speaking with them was good, so seems like you will have good Customer Service as the emails were replied to in a timely manner, I don't think it makes sense to FORCE patrons to pay ONLY by check/money if they want the option of canceling the order after the stated 8-10 weeks of delivery has passed. It should be any form of accepted payment...laslty, this is a normally stocked item, a default scheme that is stored in inventory so I don't see the big fuss.

I will take the cautious approach for now, Will wait for them to come in stock and place order as I already sold my Ultra Flash, and small F-16 so I have 8k burning a hole in my paypal
Old 06-19-2013, 06:40 AM

Disco,

Please make our Emails public. So everyone can see both points. I have nothing to hide. This is straight up business you can chose who you do it with.

At this time we are going to Reserve our right to not sell you a model... Good luck!!!!

Old 06-19-2013, 06:49 AM

pbusa1400,

I think the points are very clear, feel free to correct anything:

1, Out of stock schems with $2000.00 initial deposit, $1,000.00 non refundable
2, Payment can be made by Visa/mc/paypal or check
3, Delivery time is 8-10 weeks

So everything above is fine? And I have no problem, However, the only issue I have is:

IF the delivery time exceeds 8-10 weeks, the customer can not cancel the order and get all the money back as you will keep the $1,000.00 for "restocking and administration fees" despite not meeting delivery time.

The only way you offer the option of canceling after 10 weeks is if someone pays via check (which we all know has no re-course) so the customer is in the same boat.

Let me know if the above is is not correct.

Lastly, my interest was in the air frame no the company re-selling it, I'm sure you have good intentions but I have been in situations where the customer has been screwed too many times, damaged, items, 28 weeks for delviery etc.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:55 AM
My Feedback: (36)

I find it funny that "Disco Wings" is involved in 98% of the BS on these threads. Take a look in the mirror and you may just find the common denominator. If you don't like a companies policy, then just don't do business with them. I'd like to know someone who has ever dealt with any business, asked them to change THEIR policies to suit their terms. Give me a break.....
Old 06-19-2013, 07:03 AM

People like team butter are why you have to wait 6 months for items because no one wants to put any responsibility on the vendor and happily "take it"

What good are delivery times if they are meaningless.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:09 AM

Delivery times are an ESTIMATED 8 to 10 weeks on a out of stock scheme. If in a timely manner anything was to delay the shipment or my company can not deliver. Of course I am require to give you 100% refund.

ONCE AGAIN the non refundable portion is to secure our transaction, along with covering cost, restocking fees, and administrative time to process your order. This is a high end model jet, a non-refundable Commitment is required on your end. Plain and simple.

This is one of the benefits of dealing with a U.S. Based Company. You are entitled to your money back by Civil law.

Disco,
You have also been offered in stock scheme for immediate delivery.

Pablo
Old 06-19-2013, 07:11 AM
My Feedback: (22)

I ordered my Shokwave from Pablo and it arrived 1 week ahead of schedule. I is a very nice model. I will post pictures later of the build as i am getting it ready for Kentucky Jets. It will have a Jet Central mammoth in it!!!!!!!

Rei
Old 06-19-2013, 07:13 AM

People like me? LOL! That's fresh. Let's see you want a business to pay for an item up front, assume ALL liability knowing full well that there is a possibility of a delay with customs and containers coming over and absolve yourself of any responsibility. So, if you lose your job at Wendy's and can't afford a new toy, then call to cancel the order because of it, the business has to eat the item? You have been clearly advised that should they not be able to meet the deadline EVEN IF IT ISN"T THEIR FAULT you would receive a 100% refund. Please explain to me how this doesn't make sense?

oh and by the way, people like you are the real issue.... see thread link below..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11..._1/key_/tm.htm

Old 06-19-2013, 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: pbusa1400

Delivery times are an ESTIMATED 8 to 10 weeks on a out of stock scheme. If in a timely manner anything was to delay the shipment or my company can not deliver. Of course I am require to give you 100% refund.

ONCE AGAIN the non refundable portion is to secure our transaction, along with covering cost, restocking fees, and administrative time to process your order. This is a high end model jet, a non-refundable Commitment is required on your end. Plain and simple.

This is one of the benefits of dealing with a U.S. Based Company. You are entitled to your money back by Civil law.

Disco,
You have also been offered in stock scheme for immediate delivery.

Pablo
I'm perfectly fine with that too, I just want a NO later than date for "Un-expected situations whatever they may be", E.G. After 12 weeks, regardless of what happens the customer will get a 100% no questions asked full refund, if you agree, let me know I"ll paypal the money to you right way.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:20 AM
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: DiscoWings

If anyone has a RED/SILVER/BLACK one they want to get rid of, please PM me,

Hey Discowings, I happen to have one, but it's production model #1 and my personal model. Take a look, here is a bit of the performance it's capable of - [link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCVok_y_jzI]Shui flying the Shockwave[/link]

Something tells me though surely will not like my price as it's a proven model and my personal one, but I do have it ready to fly. I don't buy my accessories at Hobby King, I buy em at Dreamworks [8D]
Old 06-19-2013, 07:21 AM

I ordered my Shockwave and received it without a hitch. Pablo has been extremely helpful answering ANY questions I have had and has ALWAYS been available. I would gladly do business with him again. Disco- Don't know if you've been burned by an overseas company or had a bad dealing with an individual but I can tell you with the utmost confidence that that will NOT be the case dealing with Pablo and Elite Aerosports.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:22 AM

ORIGINAL: teambutter

People like me? LOL! That's fresh. Let's see you want a business to pay for an item up front, assume ALL liability knowing full well that there is a possibility of a delay with customs and containers coming over and absolve yourself of any responsibility. So, if you lose your job at Wendy's and can't afford a new toy, then call to cancel the order because of it, the business has to eat the item? You have been clearly advised that should they not be able to meet the deadline EVEN IF IT ISN''T THEIR FAULT you would receive a 100% refund. Please explain to me how this doesn't make sense?
Have you read how ridiculous post is? And nice making your point by linking to something completely irrelevant to this post. Good job.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:23 AM

It's completely relevant because it speaks volumes of the individual. Didn't make too many friends there either..LOL
Old 06-19-2013, 07:26 AM

ORIGINAL: teambutter

I ordered my Shockwave and received it without a hitch. Pablo has been extremely helpful answering ANY questions I have had and has ALWAYS been available. I would gladly do business with him again. Disco- Don't know if you've been burned by an overseas company or had a bad dealing with an individual but I can tell you with the utmost confidence that that will NOT be the case dealing with Pablo and Elite Aerosports.

I'm not gong to name names, but I was told an 8-10 week delivery that turned into 28 weeks, Asian Company

I deal with a BIG name EURO Company , told 4-6 weeks, turned to 20 weeks.

Recenly Ordered a custom plane form Krill, came in demolished, took 3 weeks to get a refund only after threatening to filing a charge back.

So yes I have been burned, and lessons learned don't want to be in the same boat.

Regardless I'm waiting for Team Elites' response I'm hoping we can come to a compromise of 12 weeks, I Have been making threads about this jet for almost 3 months now...
Old 06-19-2013, 07:29 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Disco,

Where would you draw the line re refund? Say Pablo agrees to any longer than 12weeks and you get your full refund and on the 11th week he is informed the container is stuck in customs and it will be 2 weeks before he can ship it to you, what would you do??

My guess is you'd say "ah, bummer ok. Thanks for letting me know" and wait the 2 weeks.

If this is the case, your real issue is simply being kept informed of delays if there are any which I'm sure Pablo would do for all customers?

If you'd demand a full refund because it has gone past 12 weeks then you're cutting your nose to spite your face and probably not the sort of customer many companies would want to deal with.

A transaction on a model such as this has a 2-way element to some extent. If you ran the company and had to pay say $5000 for every model you ordered for someone wouldn't you want some sort of protection/deposit from dropping say $20,000 on 4 models that people cancel and sit on the shelf? I know from experience that what you have left is never what the next customer wants to order......

Rgds
Mark
Old 06-19-2013, 08:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just helped out get a set of Revoc bags for Ali's Shockwave. For some weird reason my iPhone doesn't want to take a decent picture where it picks the purple up properly but the colour match is very good to the plane. The wing bags have zippers on the trailing edge and velcro straps at the root. The tail bags also have straps. Can be done in plain or scheme to suit your plane.

Feel free to drop me a line if you want any info or want to order.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23664.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	405.6 KB
ID:	1893182   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72621.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	408.7 KB
ID:	1893183  
Old 06-19-2013, 08:13 AM

Andrew,

Those are outstanding!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:13 AM

I have said what I wanted to say, customers should not be penalized for canceling if vendors can't meet there timelines... This happens way too much on RC jets, and its not just the Asian companies, i have had the same issues with European Companies too.
Yes It can be a pain and delays and risks, but that is what a business is, you can't hold a customer responsible if they didn't do anything wrong, ultimately any issue with delivery falls on the vendor like it always has in all forms of retail.

NOTE: I would not feel the same way had this been a custom scheme, or special order, but since this is a normally stocked item the vendor isn't in jeopardy IMO.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:27 AM
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Andrew,
I want to order several sets of those wing bags!
Those are awesome!
Scott
Old 06-19-2013, 08:32 AM

ORIGINAL: pbusa1400

Andrew,

Those are outstanding!!!!!!!!!
Cheers Pablo!

Can also do fuselage bags - I just need to measure up Ali's plane again for that
Old 06-19-2013, 08:37 AM

ORIGINAL: jetpilot

Andrew,
I want to order several sets of those wing bags!
Those are awesome!
Scott
I'm sure we can make that happen
Old 06-19-2013, 08:38 AM
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm pretty sure bvms skymaster order policy is essentially the same. Gotta draw the line somewhere
Old 06-19-2013, 08:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Dieselman1220

I'm pretty sure bvms skymaster order policy is essentially the same. Gotta draw the line somewhere

BVM does not, I called regarding a 1/6 F-16 Generation 2, was told of a 12-16 week, after that I could cancel the order and get deposit back or put towards another item. However deposit was 50%.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:07 AM

Disco-Please re-read Pablo's post. Seems to me the only penalty is if you back out BEFORE expected delivery. Delivery estimates are just that..estimates. If this time has passed and the customer wants a full refund then one would be issued. I guess in the end it doesn't matter since he already said he decided it was not in his best interest to sell you one. Good luck finding something that will make you happy.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:07 AM
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I want wing bags for my mine!
Cracking the box open on this one now!
Scott
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71549.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	1893191  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.