Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR Radios - 12x Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR Radios - 12x Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Radios - 12x Question

I've been out of the tech side of the loop for a little bit, and I may be asking a question that's already been beat with a dead horse, but since the new RCU bites I couldn't really find anything on search.

Anyhow, I know JR offers a 12x upgrade to DSM-X but does anyone know if they plan or believe that they will offer a upgrade in the future to DMSS on the 12x?? I held the new JR 11 DMSS today, and have flown with the Spectrum 18, and every other new brand but I'm picky and all these new radios are Pure JUNK! The looks and feel in my hands feel as if I bought them at Toys 'R Us..... Nothing feels quite like the 12x, or other older JR models like the 9303,8103,etc.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:06 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I've heard upgrade is not available or possible. I totally agree with your assessment of these other radios. Supposedly there is a new big JR on the way. Not sure how many channels but hopefully the old feel and looks. That's the one I'm waiting for and I hope it's expensive.

Danno
Old 09-20-2013, 03:17 AM
Skymac

One could only hope.... :-/
Old 09-20-2013, 03:58 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Yep... I kind of agree. I have a DX18, and a JR 9303. AND... I fly the 9303 more. Honestly... my DX18 has all my BNF stuff in it.

Anyway... Yes. Horizon will change it over to DSMX for around $75. I was going to send my 9303 out to have it done... then I decided that I didn't have any issues on DSM2.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:22 AM
Skymac

Yea ear same here, never had a issue but I might send it in just to make it last a little longer ha.... In the mean time maybe some designer will get off their butt and bring some quality back...

Originally Posted by Dr Honda
Yep... I kind of agree. I have a DX18, and a JR 9303. AND... I fly the 9303 more. Honestly... my DX18 has all my BNF stuff in it.

Anyway... Yes. Horizon will change it over to DSMX for around $75. I was going to send my 9303 out to have it done... then I decided that I didn't have any issues on DSM2.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:40 AM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Another option is the JR DMSS module they are selling (although its 8 channels). Its pretty expensive ($299 with 8 channel receiver). I like the module, but don't like the price. Horizon has it on their site (TG2.4XP).
Old 09-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by wildnloose
Another option is the JR DMSS module they are selling (although its 8 channels). Its pretty expensive ($299 with 8 channel receiver). I like the module, but don't like the price. Horizon has it on their site (TG2.4XP).

I don't think a native 2.4, 12x has a removable module. AND... why pay A LOT of $$$ to loose 4 ch?? (Seems like a silly option)