Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 03:38 PM
Colin Allen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When will the firmware update be available to download?
Old 07-23-2015, 08:12 PM
2FAS
My Feedback: (5)

will the DS-14 get more channels?
Old 07-24-2015, 12:00 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

A leaflet isn't the real thing. I will be delighted if it is about to become true. However having been told from Jeti yesterday that they will consider my suggestions for improving the CB400 but that they have no immediate plans to do anything about it, and they didn't say "don't worry, a fantastic upgrade that will do it all is due in a few days", I will not only be delighted but very surprised. We shall see soon enough.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:57 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by HarryC
A leaflet isn't the real thing. I will be delighted if it is about to become true. However having been told from Jeti yesterday that they will consider my suggestions for improving the CB400 but that they have no immediate plans to do anything about it, and they didn't say "don't worry, a fantastic upgrade that will do it all is due in a few days", I will not only be delighted but very surprised. We shall see soon enough.
Leaflet? That's 2 page add for AMA magazine, it goes out to +200,000 members.

You have to ask correct question, they have no plans to work on CB400 now. This update is for DC/DS-16 radio systems. The Central Box 400 update and full Device Explorer integration will be after DC-24 is finished.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 07-24-2015, 06:59 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by 2FAS
will the DS-14 get more channels?
No, the DS-14 stays.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 07-24-2015, 07:00 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by Colin Allen
When will the firmware update be available to download?
After is properly tested, Jeti says 7-14 days. It works we have seen it, but nobody wants any surprises.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 07-24-2015, 04:20 PM
2FAS

I was able to buddy box my hitec Aurora 9 with my DS-14 today using the R3/RSW receiver with the new 3.06 firmware. When you bind your Jeti tx's secondary transmitter module to the RSW make sure you have the PPM input going into it. It wouldn't bind without it. I made the attached cable for the PPM output to the RSW receiver.

2FAS
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	589.1 KB
ID:	2111025  
Old 07-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Jeti USA

I was able to buddy box my hitec Aurora 9 with my DS-14 today using the R3/RSW receiver with the new 3.06 firmware. When you bind your Jeti tx's secondary transmitter module to the RSW make sure you have the PPM input going into it. It wouldn't bind without it. I made the attached cable for the PPM output to the RSW receiver.

2FAS
Congratulations, we are going to start playing with buddy box setting only next week. Multi-Rotor applications are in order.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 07-25-2015, 05:15 PM
Pepperpete

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Congratulations, we are going to start playing with buddy box setting only next week. Multi-Rotor applications are in order.

Zb/Jeti USA
If that's true then I'm very happy. Multi-Rotors are getting huge and I enjoy flying them just as much as the Jets. Especially the racing quads.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:16 PM
Pepperpete

2FAS
Would you be willing to do a step by step for us? I think a number of people here would appreciate it.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:02 PM
2FAS

No problem Pete, I will put the steps together.

2FAS
Old 07-25-2015, 07:21 PM
Pepperpete

Thank you!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:53 AM
2FAS

Update R3/RSW RX with firmware 3.06 update
Put Jeti in Teacher mode according to manual

Bind the Jeti Tx's primary module to model as normal

Config the PPM out from student transmitter according to diagram provide
  1. Ensure PPM out from student transmitter is on (Tpupil) on Hitec Aurora 9
  2. Bind plug in EXT port on Jeti R3/RSW RX
  3. Power on for Jeti R3/RSW RX
Bind the Jeti TX's secondary module to R3/RSW RX (must have PPM input for binding)
Remove bind plug after binding
Config your channels on Jeti transmitter according to your setup
The R3/RSW with firmware 3.06 will not bind to Jeti Transmitter while transmitter is in default mode

Let me know if you have additional questions.

2FAS
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
jeti trainer cord diagram.pdf (149.5 KB, 40 views)
Old 07-26-2015, 03:54 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Update R3/RSW RX with firmware 3.06 update
Put Jeti in Teacher mode according to manual

Bind the Jeti Tx's primary module to model as normal

Config the PPM out from student transmitter according to diagram provide
  1. Ensure PPM out from student transmitter is on (Tpupil) on Hitec Aurora 9
  2. Bind plug in EXT port on Jeti R3/RSW RX
  3. Power on for Jeti R3/RSW RX
Bind the Jeti TX's secondary module to R3/RSW RX (must have PPM input for binding)
Remove bind plug after binding
Config your channels on Jeti transmitter according to your setup
The R3/RSW with firmware 3.06 will not bind to Jeti Transmitter while transmitter is in default mode

Let me know if you have additional questions.

2FAS
2FAS... Thanks for the procedure... Just to clarify .. If you supply the R3/RSW with a 2 cell source ( Lipo or Life) while binding you do not need to have the PPM cord connected... Once the R3 is bound take the bind plug out remove power source and then plug PPM cord... You are good to enjoy...

David...
Old 07-26-2015, 05:34 PM
2FAS

Thanks David. It seemed mine wouldn't bind until I plugged the PPM into it. I will check that next time.

2FAS
Old 07-26-2015, 06:35 PM
Pepperpete

2FAS you really went all out in your explanation! I appreciate this very much!

I have the R3 ordered but it's not here yet. As I have not bound two RX's before... when you say bind the primary module and the secondary module, do you mean (for example) bind the DS-16 to the F-16's R11 RX first and have it properly setup for normal flight. Then bind the R3 RX as well once it's hooked up to the other transmitter running ppm? How do I go about binding the R3 without removing the R11's bind?

Thanks. I have a feeling I'm over thinking this but I just want to make sure I do it right.

*Edit* Ah I see the option under the Teacher section on my DS-16. I bind the R11 like normal and then simply bind the R3 in the Teacher menu. Gotcha.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 07-26-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:32 PM
LA jetguy

Thanks David. It seemed mine wouldn't bind until I plugged the PPM into it. I will check that next time.

2FAS
You PPM cable was providing the power for your R3 to bind...
Old 07-27-2015, 02:36 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
2FAS you really went all out in your explanation! I appreciate this very much!

I have the R3 ordered but it's not here yet. As I have not bound two RX's before... when you say bind the primary module and the secondary module, do you mean (for example) bind the DS-16 to the F-16's R11 RX first and have it properly setup for normal flight. Then bind the R3 RX as well once it's hooked up to the other transmitter running ppm? How do I go about binding the R3 without removing the R11's bind?

Thanks. I have a feeling I'm over thinking this but I just want to make sure I do it right.

*Edit* Ah I see the option under the Teacher section on my DS-16. I bind the R11 like normal and then simply bind the R3 in the Teacher menu. Gotcha.

Sounds like you've got it figured out but one more comment may be in order. This is probably already understood but I think it's worth spelling out explicitly, aircraft being used in Teacher / Student mode can't operate in dual path mode. If your airplane is configured for dual path, selecting teacher mode stops the secondary receiver in the airplane from operating. If you feel you NEED a secondary receiver in the aircraft for antenna diversity, etc, you will need to configure it in clone mode since the secondary Tx module in the DS16 is now talking to the Student Transmitter instead of the Secondary receiver.

Because of this, one of my jets that I use to help others get their turbine waivers, is setup with an R14 and an R5, configured as a Clone and connected to the R14 by a PPM link instead of a Central Box 200 with 2, R3s as I normally use. Switching a CB200 / dual R3 setup to Teacher mode would effectively "disconnect" the secondary R3 and you would be flying with only the Primary R3.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:51 AM
LA jetguy

Wayne.... I wonder the issue you just explained above is resolved in DC24/DS24... Would be nice that the 900Mhz would communicate to student and have both 2.4's communicating to onboard recievers....

Nice idea .....

Jeti.. Rocks

PS... Thanks for all your clarification in both forums... Stay away from EM

David

Last edited by LA jetguy; 07-27-2015 at 02:53 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:35 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Wayne.... I wonder the issue you just explained above is resolved in DC24/DS24... Would be nice that the 900Mhz would communicate to student and have both 2.4's communicating to onboard recievers....

Nice idea .....

Jeti.. Rocks

PS... Thanks for all your clarification in both forums... Stay away from EM

David
With the addition of a 3rd RF module they certainly could make this issue go away if they decide to. It would certainly be nice to be able to have your dual path config work normally and still talk to the Student transmitter on 900Mhz..
Old 07-27-2015, 02:46 PM
LA jetguy

Originally Posted by wfield0455
With the addition of a 3rd RF module they certainly could make this issue go away if they decide to. It would certainly be nice to be able to have your dual path config work normally and still talk to the Student transmitter on 900Mhz..

Yes it it a great idea.... 3rd RF has more uses other than what we just discussed...

Lets be patient and see what they come with .......soon
Old 07-28-2015, 12:09 AM
Pepperpete

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Sounds like you've got it figured out but one more comment may be in order. This is probably already understood but I think it's worth spelling out explicitly, aircraft being used in Teacher / Student mode can't operate in dual path mode. If your airplane is configured for dual path, selecting teacher mode stops the secondary receiver in the airplane from operating. If you feel you NEED a secondary receiver in the aircraft for antenna diversity, etc, you will need to configure it in clone mode since the secondary Tx module in the DS16 is now talking to the Student Transmitter instead of the Secondary receiver.

Because of this, one of my jets that I use to help others get their turbine waivers, is setup with an R14 and an R5, configured as a Clone and connected to the R14 by a PPM link instead of a Central Box 200 with 2, R3s as I normally use. Switching a CB200 / dual R3 setup to Teacher mode would effectively "disconnect" the secondary R3 and you would be flying with only the Primary R3.
Very good information! Thank you! Sure would be nice if Jeti started doing some better and more detailed video's or documentation on all of these new features. Without this forum it would be pretty much impossible for a novice of the Jeti gear to get this figured out.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:53 AM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
Very good information! Thank you! Sure would be nice if Jeti started doing some better and more detailed video's or documentation on all of these new features. Without this forum it would be pretty much impossible for a novice of the Jeti gear to get this figured out.
You make a good point Pepperpete. Jeti is moving very fast which is great but the documentation is way behind. Documentation generally sets out the obvious stuff and almost never gives real world examples. I don't have the skills but it would be really nice to have a step by step video that takes us through the set up of a complex plane. Yes I know they're all different but the general characteristics are the same - they all need mixes, sequences logical switches et al. How about it Jeti?

Thanks in advance!

Bob
Old 07-28-2015, 07:54 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by Blancr
You make a good point Pepperpete. Jeti is moving very fast which is great but the documentation is way behind. Documentation generally sets out the obvious stuff and almost never gives real world examples. I don't have the skills but it would be really nice to have a step by step video that takes us through the set up of a complex plane. Yes I know they're all different but the general characteristics are the same - they all need mixes, sequences logical switches et al. How about it Jeti?

Thanks in advance!

Bob
What about this:
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-video.aspx

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 07-28-2015, 08:15 AM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

JetiUSA
They're useful but fragmentary. An example from earlier in this thread - I was setting up flight modes, had mixed elevator to flap and was having trouble with auto trimming the elevator. Someone had written a nice description of how to do this but had omitted to mention the need to set the elevator from G to S. It took someone else to toss that in. My thanks to both people.

My point is that these are basic things that most will need to do. All the information I need I can probably find either in the manual or somewhere on the internet. Trouble is its all fragments, usually devoid of any context and It's not until I try to string all the elements together (which is where it really gets complicated) that I run into trouble.

This is not an issue restricted to Jeti - it applies to most complex activities. It puzzles me a lot. The products are great but they are complicated and it just seems such a shame that the focus seem to be on the product rather than what the product is actually meant to achieve within the context it was designed for.

Not a rant - just an observation. The quality of any complex product for me is measures by both its quality AND the ability to understand how best to get the most from it.

The frustration for me as a relative newcomer is that there is obviously great skill and experience at Jeti and that it would be very simple for them to do a series of videos that steps us through a typical generic complex set up. Doesn't matter that it's not exactly my aeroplane. I would be able to get a sense of the function, its context and, most important of all, how it relates to all the other functions. This last piece is the bit that I find very difficult.

Anyway - I think Jeti is great - it's just that I know I could get so much more out of it in weeks rather than the years of learning (call experience) I will have to put in by way of experiment and forum surfacing. As was previously said - without this forum I would be nowhere - so thanks everybody.

Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.