Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 01:52 AM
Colin Allen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think these promises have been made by Esprit, not by Jeti. My local supplier asked Jeti direct, and they said this.... Quote:

"we are putting a lot of effort to the update and many new features will be present, not only 24 channels. So the update should be ready together with DC-24 (preliminary scheduled for October). Please stand by. Esprit's statement is not our official statement (and I don't know where it came from). Probably some kind of misunderstanding."
Old 08-11-2015, 01:56 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank you Colin
Old 08-11-2015, 08:10 AM
Jeti USA

Ask your local Jeti distributor, we are already playing with it.
(But we also need firmware update for the Receivers, unfortunately that one is not ready yet)

Zb/Esprit Model

Check out the New 900MHz receiver, will work as 3rd. backup receivers with CB200/CB400
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	R3 Rex 900MHz 1.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	2113926   Click image for larger version

Name:	R3 Rex 900MHz 2.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	2113927   Click image for larger version

Name:	DS-16 Colors.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	2113928  

Last edited by Jeti USA; 08-11-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:31 AM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Wait a second Zb... I asked about a third receiver just a week or two ago and you asked me why in the world I would want one (vice answering a simple operating question)... now this????
Old 08-11-2015, 08:36 AM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Do me a favor... get your system up and running, then try unplugging one of your receivers from the CB200. Do you get crazy warnings and stuttering response? I suppose it would be recoverable, but the response on mine gets very, well, un-smooth (in Dual Path).

I kind of want to do the same thing in clone mode and see what happens. You can do it by shielding the main receivers signals with metal.

Originally Posted by rcjets_63
I would agree with Wayne that you might want to add the second receiver in dual path instead of using it as a clone. Adding the second receiver gives antenna diversity (always a good thing) and you can decide whether to have the receiver act in normal or clone mode which have the following advantages/disadvantages:

Second Receiver in Normal Mode (receivers bound to transmitter using dual path)
Advantage: both receivers transmit telemetry data including data internal to the receiver (such as signal strength or Rx voltage) as well as the data for any sensor plugged into the receiver.
Disadvantage: setup can't be used in student/trainer mode

Second Receiver in Clone Mode (receivers bound to transmitter using single path)
Advantage: jet can be easily configured to student/trainer mode
Disadvantage: clone receiver does not transmit telemetry data back to transmitter. While you have antenna diversity, you have no data as to how well the antennas are positioned & working.

For me, I prefer having the telemetry and will choose normal mode & dual path every time.

You might want to read few old posts as follows:
- post #208 Dual Receivers - Depandent - Clone has a description of pros/cons
- post #209 Dual Path - Dual Receivers - Dependant - Normal for a description and pros/cons.
- post #238 gives a step-by-step procedure for setting up two receivers in dual path (each receiver is bound to one Tx module).
- post #226 - #237 there was a discussion with myself, Chris (Downwind3Zero) and Dave (Goose_F22) about the pros/cons of these two setups. We recommend using both receivers in normal mode (per posts #209 and #238).
- post #386 gives a step-by-step procedure for setting up a CB200 with two satellite receivers and includes the pros/cons

Note: these posts were written with earlier versions of the firmware so the step-by-step procedures are a bit out of date. However, the pros/cons are still valid.

Regards,

Jim
Old 08-11-2015, 09:27 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by sillyness
Wait a second Zb... I asked about a third receiver just a week or two ago and you asked me why in the world I would want one (vice answering a simple operating question)... now this????

This is something for new DS/DC-24 radio, new radio will have 2x RF 2.4GHz and 1x 900MHz modules.
The 900MHz link will be used as backup.

Zb/Esprit Model
Old 08-11-2015, 09:50 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
This is something for new DS/DC-24 radio, new radio will have 2x RF 2.4GHz and 1x 900MHz modules.

Zb/Esprit Model
Jeti ROCKS!!!!... continues to be the BEST system on the market... and constantly improving
Old 08-11-2015, 01:15 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyness
Do me a favor... get your system up and running, then try unplugging one of your receivers from the CB200. Do you get crazy warnings and stuttering response? I suppose it would be recoverable, but the response on mine gets very, well, un-smooth (in Dual Path).

I kind of want to do the same thing in clone mode and see what happens. You can do it by shielding the main receivers signals with metal.
This isn't the first time I've heard someone say that their servos stuttered badly if a receiver was lost in Dual Path mode. I even tried to help someone on another forum reproduce this problem but I really wasn't able to recreate anything nearly as severe as they described. As I recall I was able to notice servo motion become slightly less smooth when I disconnected the Primary R3 from my CB200 but nothing remotely bad enough that I felt it would impact control of the airplane or even be able to notice it in flight. I also didn't get a huge number of alarms, just "Sat 1 lost". I'm wondering if you have multiple alarms set that could all be triggered simultaneously for this same error and that may be contributing to the issue. Perhaps try temporarily disabling all your alarms except loss of either receiver in the Wifi settings and see if it changes anything. I fully believe what you're saying, I just haven't been able to reproduce it with my own equipment. It would be interesting to be able to get to the bottom of this..

Last edited by wfield0455; 08-11-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:40 AM
Jeti USA

Same here our test board that travels with us to the show and we cannot reproduce it.
As well as our pilots, I would suggest updating firmware.

Zb/Esprit Model
Old 08-12-2015, 05:42 AM
Jeti USA

Zb/Esprit Model

Here is the picture of new Jeti DC-24, the RF module with single antenna is the 900MHz module.

Zb/Jeti USA

Name:	DC-24 3 Modules.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	2114096  
Old 08-12-2015, 06:01 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Here is the picture of new Jeti DC-24, the RF module with single antenna is the 900MHz module.

Zb/Jeti USA
For when
Old 08-14-2015, 04:51 PM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by Dansy
For when
We will start taking pre-orders by the end of the August. DC-24 radios will be available October-November.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 08-14-2015, 04:53 PM
Jeti USA

The REX receivers have been FCC certified. The stock is updated and shipments will be done early next week. Finally another piece to the jeti puzzle.

Zb/Jeti USA

Duplex revolutionary, fully digital 2.4GHz, frequency hopping radio system is fully designed and manufactured by Jeti Model in the Czech Republic. We are excited to introduce two brand new lines of REX and REX Assist Jeti Duplex 2.4GHz Receivers with built-in revolutionary features: Internal Data Telemetry Logging (Black Box), Integrated Multi (3) Input/Output Telemetry & EX Bus Expander, and New 32 Bit Microprocessors (No limits for Future Firmware Upgrades). All Jeti receiver features wirelessly programmable failsafe and integrated digital telemetry (Rx Voltage, Signal Quality).

New Jeti REX line of programmable receivers has been developed to take full advantage of multi-port (Ext, E1, E2), multi communication protocol (EX Bus, UDI 12/16, PPM) configuration and fully implement Duplex EX Bus (Device Manager) or third party devices that use EX Bus for telemetry and programming integration.

http://www.espritmodel.com/search.aspx?find=jeti+rex

Old 08-14-2015, 05:24 PM
Mi-25

Hi,
I don't have any of the issues you describe. Unplugging one Rx results in a warning of signal loss on the Tx, but all a/c systems work normally....no servo jitters. Reversing this results in the same.
cheers,
Old 08-15-2015, 07:32 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

Has anyone seen this issue I had today before I try a complete backup and reset?

My DS-16 display froze today at the field. The radio still functioned, but none of the display buttons worked, nor could I power the unit off. I had to remove the back plate and disconnect the battery. It worked fine afterwards.

I then noticed after flying that the unit was not logging data. The two files that it recorded today were blank when I looked on the data analyzer. I can now no longer get it to record anything. I've tried multiple models that recorded previously but now no new files are created.

I deleted the folder for today and then tried again. I'm getting the flashing recording circle at the top of the display once I start my timer as always, but once I stop the recording and go to find the log file, there is nothing, not even a folder for todays files.

I'm thinking to re-load the entire transmitter from the web site backup files, but I will wait for any thoughts first.

Thanks

Paul
Old 08-15-2015, 10:30 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by JSF-TC
Has anyone seen this issue I had today before I try a complete backup and reset?

My DS-16 display froze today at the field. The radio still functioned, but none of the display buttons worked, nor could I power the unit off. I had to remove the back plate and disconnect the battery. It worked fine afterwards.

I then noticed after flying that the unit was not logging data. The two files that it recorded today were blank when I looked on the data analyzer. I can now no longer get it to record anything. I've tried multiple models that recorded previously but now no new files are created.

I deleted the folder for today and then tried again. I'm getting the flashing recording circle at the top of the display once I start my timer as always, but once I stop the recording and go to find the log file, there is nothing, not even a folder for todays files.

I'm thinking to re-load the entire transmitter from the web site backup files, but I will wait for any thoughts first.

Thanks

Paul
Paul... Sorry to hear you had a display froze... but rest assure that the processor for the display is separate from the controls so even though you screen froze you had full control of the model and the RF transmutation is not interrupted..."Beauty of the Jeti System"...

Since you removed the battery to reset the system (hard boot) you need to set the date and time... your logging works as you stated (flashing dot) but since the date is not correct its difficult to locate the recorded file. reset your date and time in the "configuration"menu and test again...

Next time you can possibly reboot the system by holding the "Power" button and the "Esc" at the same time and if that doesn't work a 'hard re-boot' would be necessary... But hopefully you will not need to to that anymore...

Enjoy your Jeti system... its smartly engineered.....

David

Last edited by LA jetguy; 08-15-2015 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:51 AM
Walo

Originally Posted by JSF-TC

My DS-16 display froze today at the field. The radio still functioned, but none of the display buttons worked, nor could I power the unit off.
Paul
This can occur when the SD Card is faulty or full. Important: A Screenshot with a full SD card in flight could cause a freeze. I'm not shure if it's a total failure or not but I definitly don't do screenshots in flight!

Regards, Walter
Old 08-16-2015, 06:51 AM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

David.

Thank you, and you were 100% correct. The date had been set back to 8 Dec 2014. All my other test recording attempts were there also. I only had the battery unplugged momentarily, so I didn't think about resetting the time/ date. Good learning point.

Regards,

Paul
Old 08-16-2015, 07:08 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Paul... Sorry to hear you had a display froze... but rest assure that the processor for the display is separate from the controls so even though you screen froze you had full control of the model and the RF transmutation is not interrupted..."Beauty of the Jeti System"...

Since you removed the battery to reset the system (hard boot) you need to set the date and time... your logging works as you stated (flashing dot) but since the date is not correct its difficult to locate the recorded file. reset your date and time in the "configuration"menu and test again...

Next time you can possibly reboot the system by holding the "Power" button and the "Esc" at the same time and if that doesn't work a 'hard re-boot' would be necessary... But hopefully you will not need to to that anymore...

Enjoy your Jeti system... its smartly engineered.....

David
A "stuck" button can cause the Tx to freeze like this. I have had it happen twice. I noticed it after my flight, after turbine shut down. Screen froze, no buttons worked and Tx would not turn off, had to pull battery. The first time I contacted ZB and he thought it might be cause by a corrupt SD card when writing the file on shut down. I replaced the card and it worked great for a few weeks then happened to me again. This time I realized that it was being caused by a sticky trim button used when I shut down the turbine. Not sure why or how the button managed to stick and it has not happened since but, a very brief message (that would be easy to miss) was momentarily flashed on the screen that a trim button was depressed ( it wasn't but, obviously still thought it was) . As David says, Power button and ESC will get you shut down in this situation without the need to pull the battery.

Mike
Old 08-16-2015, 11:29 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by Walo
This can occur when the SD Card is faulty or full. Important: A Screenshot with a full SD card in flight could cause a freeze. I'm not shure if it's a total failure or not but I definitly don't do screenshots in flight!

Regards, Walter
The programming and RF portion are split, even if the programming freezes (99.8% due to faulty SD cart) the radio will NEVER stop controlling your model. That was designed this way on purpose, I have to admit Jeti engineers are good. I personally never ever had problems with my DC-16 Carbon, but I have seen it once or twice, hard reset fixed it right away.

Zb/Jeti USA

Last edited by Jeti USA; 08-17-2015 at 07:04 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:51 PM
Jeti USA

Just got authorization from Jeti, we will be able to import more colors of the DS-16 and later DS-24
White, Yellow and Green should be in stock by the end of the month, at the beginning we will get only very, very few of those.

Zb/Jeti USA

Black In Stock
Red In Stock
White
Yellow
Green

Name:	DS-16 Colors.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	2115275  
Old 08-19-2015, 02:58 AM
Jon Mead

Just a quick question: what size is the DS16 compared with other transmitters? I haven't seen one in the flesh or been able to hold one to gauge the size. I have very small hands, and find the newer transmitters such as the Spektrum DX9 a bit big to be comfortable. My old JR DSX-9 is a comfortable size, but I need something with more channels, and am interested in the DS16
Old 08-19-2015, 03:37 AM
HarryC

Originally Posted by Jon Mead
Just a quick question: what size is the DS16 compared with other transmitters? I haven't seen one in the flesh or been able to hold one to gauge the size. I have very small hands, and find the newer transmitters such as the Spektrum DX9 a bit big to be comfortable. My old JR DSX-9 is a comfortable size, but I need something with more channels, and am interested in the DS16
Jon, do you come to the Classic Jet meeting next month? 2 or 3 of us there use the Jeti.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:44 AM
HarryC

A thank you to whoever it was who showed us how to modify the text in the jsn file to make the telemetry display more meaningful. I have been able to successfully change it just using standard notepad so that instead of reading things like "MUI-30 : I" it reads "Turbine: Pump Amps", "Retracts:Pressure" instead of "MBAR:Pressure", "Batt1 V" instead of "U-CB200-1" and so on.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:19 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by HarryC
A thank you to whoever it was who showed us how to modify the text in the jsn file to make the telemetry display more meaningful. I have been able to successfully change it just using standard notepad so that instead of reading things like "MUI-30 : I" it reads "Turbine: Pump Amps", "Retracts:Pressure" instead of "MBAR:Pressure", "Batt1 V" instead of "U-CB200-1" and so on.
+1 on that, this is something that would be nice to have as part of Jeti future update with a special file that will not get changed when updates comes along. This is the one part I am not too crazy about is having to redo the JSN file everytime an update comes along. Not sure if it is possible though or may be it could be part of the actual file in the telemetry device itself.

Dont forget to always back up before you do any changes, you never know when Murphy will catch up to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.