Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

NEW Aerobatic Sport Jet "Rebel" from Pirotti Models Italy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

NEW Aerobatic Sport Jet "Rebel" from Pirotti Models Italy

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 02:17 PM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 111 Likes on 89 Posts

This model has been around a long time. Is the latest CARF production better than the original Pirotti ones?
Old 06-06-2021, 02:42 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by jvaliensi
This model has been around a long time. Is the latest CARF production better than the original Pirotti ones?
Hard to say, the one I build was pretty decent kit like all the CARF, one thing for sure much more an ARF then pirotti…..are more a semi builder kit…
Old 10-03-2021, 05:00 PM
skunkwurk
My Feedback: (18)

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

After 5.5 super years since I assembled the Pirotti Rebel, it is time to perform some needed maintenance.

It's held up well and I really have nothing but great things to say about this model. I decided to pull the turbine to have it flashed with the latest s/w and serviced. I also intend to remove the old smoke tube and replace it with a new one. This time I intend to attach it to the motor mounts instead of using L-brackets.

On the bench

Front View

Tank View

Pipe View

Display(s) view
Old 10-03-2021, 05:05 PM
skunkwurk

This is the original board. I'm going to need to re-work it a bit as I intend to remove and replace the Futaba RXs and convert the model to Power-Box RXs using the Core.

Board and mounts
Old 10-03-2021, 05:10 PM
skunkwurk

This is the condition of the turbine. It still looks like nice bling, even after several years in the field. I am tempted to install Jet Central's new 130 and move this one to another project. Not sure yet, definitely looking forward to getting it back to decide how best to proceed.

Last I heard it was sent to Mexico.

Front

Rear

Side top

Side bottom
Old 03-28-2022, 03:27 PM
skunkwurk

Finally made time to reinstall the turbine and convert from Futaba to PB. Big thanks to Manny of Aeropanda & Juan of Jet Central for the excellent service and upgrading the turbine to the latest code.

Just in time for Spring!

Installed the freshly serviced turbine & redid the smoke injector tube for a cleaner fit/finish.

Slight modification to the board required as these receivers allow for sensors to each vs to RX1 only, like Futaba. Royal SRS & GPS sensor upgraded to the latest code.

Onboard Instrumentation

Remote instrumentation - Timer, battery volts (radio & RX), capacity in mAh, speed, altitude, etc...

Current, lost frames, fades and RSSI data

Turbine data

Last edited by skunkwurk; 03-28-2022 at 03:41 PM.