Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Ground Collision at BITW 2013

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Ground Collision at BITW 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 02:23 PM
kochj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by as722
You should have made him pay for you flat spotted tires. What did your lawyer say?
Are we going to see you at farview this year?
LOL>.... Funny ...
Notice how silent everyone was though????? wierd.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:45 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
You owe me an airplane because I don't like you. I'm going to have my lawyer send you a letter so you may as well send the airplane now to prevent any trouble.

No worries, it's called "moving on".
Thanks Andy, I still don't know which pilot he meant!
Ron
Old 01-13-2014, 03:34 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

Default jet wreck

bust him in the mounth
Old 01-13-2014, 03:38 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

bust the guy in the mounth
Old 01-13-2014, 03:48 PM
toolmaker7341

Originally Posted by kochj
I am surprised that ALI would even pull something like this (how long has he been in America?) He must have had some help, to achieve this type of mentality so quickly...

What a douche BAG….
We are talking about "THE" Ali that does slow rolls 4 ft off the deck?
Old 01-13-2014, 04:04 PM
mtnflyer14

Originally Posted by toolmaker7341
Good grief. Please read post #5 by Barry. Wow, this thread MUST close soon.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:08 PM
RCJetBazz

Originally Posted by RBSteffey123
I agree, both pilot's and their spotters are at fault, that's why they are called accidents. The fact that the F-22 pulled back on to an active runway without verbal call, I wouldn't offer to fix the wing.

Sad thing is the AMA and local RC clubs will be affected most by all this negative attention and lame lawsuit...
Steffy, F-22 pulled back onto the runway? lol, someone needs some reading glasses bad.
Awesome thread, runway incursion induce accident by what it sounds like a rookie pilot could happen to anyone and anywhere, jet event or not.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:13 PM
stevekott

Originally Posted by toolmaker7341
C'mon guys let's be careful with the facts ... first of all the Viper guy's name is Asi not Ali. Not related AT ALL to Ali Machinchy, the English Super-Pilot.

This thread has gone way beyond a "Teachable Moment". Leave all the lawyer, lawsuit, liability, negligence crap back in the real world. Let's burn some kero, play with our toy jets and keep this hobby what it is supposed to be .. immature fun!!
Old 01-13-2014, 04:41 PM
RickVB
My Feedback: (24)

Originally Posted by stevekott
C'mon guys let's be careful with the facts ... first of all the Viper guy's name is Asi not Ali. Not related AT ALL to Ali Machinchy, the English Super-Pilot.

This thread has gone way beyond a "Teachable Moment". Leave all the lawyer, lawsuit, liability, negligence crap back in the real world. Let's burn some kero, play with our toy jets and keep this hobby what it is supposed to be .. immature fun!!
Whether this thread should continue here is debatable - whether the issue should carry on is not. When someone insists on taking legal action, where the court edicts are actionable at the point of a gun, ignoring the issue is not an option. Saying "c'mon now" to the guy who is the target of such action doesn't do anyone any good, if the other guy continues to use his lawyer. The key issue is not whether Barry should fix the wing, or even who originally was at fault. The issue is that Asi got a lawyer involved, and that a lawyer was willing. Barry can't change that, it's done. The only thing to be done in response is to stand up to them and refuse to yield, and to ostracize Asi and his lawyer from the hobby.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:36 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just received another email from also a respected individual:
"I was standing right there and actually did see the entire incident from an AMA CD's perspective....
The runway was not fouled on your approach. He entered the runway at some time during your flare at which point there was no "go-around" option....."

I believe my spotter, Kim should be vindicated as well.

Regards,
Barry
Old 01-13-2014, 06:01 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Seems to me that Asi is more negligent than anyone else.

The second most negligent is his flight crew and attorney. With Asi being negligent, most of the responsibility falls on him. Asi taxied back incorrectly. Neither he or his crew made any acknowledgement of "call outs" made by others, nor made a "call out" that he was going to taxi back. Asi is totally wrong here.

If anything, Asi is responsible for damage to the F-22. His lying lawyer is just a fool. Also, his lawyer already told him not to write the letter or acknowledge any wrong-doing.

The F-22 could not do a go-around in time, and the crash was caused by Asi being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sue Asi, or make a counter-claim. His lying lawyer is just blowing smoke.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:07 PM
marquisvns

Kochj, Ali Machinchy is a respected gentleman and as Steve puts it - a Super Pilot; who was taking a break at the pit area and saw the whole incident unfolded right in from of him.

Regards,
Barry
Old 01-13-2014, 06:16 PM
sixjets
My Feedback: (4)

My name is Moshe Arbiv, I have pilot's license and am also a radio control turbine pilot. I participated in the event was standing next to Asi, before, during and after the accident. I witnessed everything. You fail to give the correct facts, so I will help you with that.

1. As a pilot, you should never wait until your last drop of fuel to land. That was your first mistake. Had you not ignored your timer none of this would have happened. This point is true for all planes but especially true for turbines. I and any other prudent pilot always land well in advance for this reasons, and never ignore my timers.

2. You or your spotter failed to call landing. I and others, including Jeff and his father, did not hear you call for landing. Only you and your spotter claim that. Why did others who were there did not hear it? Because it was never called.

3. When your spotter saw someone on the runway, you should not land period, even if you thing you are low on fuel.

4. After the accident, you refused to talk to Asi or any of his friends. This is more like child behavior than adult behavior. Regardless of what you think, you should talk to the other person like an adult, especially since you are from the same club!

5. You failed to mention that Asi sustained other damage to his fuselage. He agreed that he would fix that damage and that you would fix the wings. Not only his wings were damages, but other major parts and Asi agreed in good faith to fix it and not involve you in it.

6. You agreed and shook hands with Asi to fix the wings and after 3 months you refuse to honor your word. THAT SAYS IT ALL ABOUT THE TYPE OF PERSON YOU ARE.

7. Stop misrepresenting to everyone the facts, and man up and fix the wing as you agreed.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:18 PM
toolmaker7341

My sincere apology to Ali Machinchy.That why i wanted to make sure who it was. The space on my idol pedestal remains taken.

I am a pilot single,multi and turbine that doesn't make me any more creditable than any one else sir.

Last edited by toolmaker7341; 01-13-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Sue Asi, or make a counter-claim. His lying lawyer is just blowing smoke.
Yep, just get ANOTHER lawyer involved!

Either that or bust Ali Machinchy in the month!

Am I keeping up with all this?

John.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01916.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	799.3 KB
ID:	1957485  
Old 01-13-2014, 06:48 PM
erezsalomon
My Feedback: (8)

It is amazing how many people are judging a situation without being witness to what happened and only after hearing one biased side of the story.
I was there and witnessed the situation. I know both parties, and I am a friend of Asi.
Asi declared landing and landed his jet. After landing he crossed the runway to taxi back on the near side but never made it since Barry crashed into him.
Barry and his spotter declared gear check, and never even said landing. He landed anyway for whatever reason. He claims he was running on empty. I have no reason to doubt that.

After the accident, I witnessed and was part of the negotiations. , Asi, Barry myself and the mediator after about an hour of discussion was able to have the 2 sides agree that Barry will buy the spar and fix the wing. Barry took the wing and gave it to Kim to fix it. He agreed to do so, but now is changing his mind. It was never discussed that Asi would write a "sequence of event" letter, which is only now being mentioned by Barry as an excuse. I, and the mediator, were the only people there besides Asi and Barry. What is the point of writing a sequence of event when, the event is disputed??? It will only make for more arguments and fighting! It is idiotic, and never agreed at the time Barry took the wing. Over 4 months have passed by and Barry has now changed his mind.

You have not heard from Asi or the mediator on this matter. You only heard the one sided version of Barry who acknowledged he would fix the wing and now will not honor his word. Hold off on passing judgment unless you witnessed yourself what happened like me, or at least heard from the other side.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:59 PM
sixjets

Barry,

Let me remind you of some other facts

1. There were two safety officers who were off duty, but were still standing there and they witnessed everything. They were in shock and said they could not believe that you just landed and
crashed into Asi's airplane.

2. Asi only asked to fix the wing and did not even ask you to paint it. He agreed to do most of the work. You only agreed to do a small part and buy the spar and fix the wing.
You highly offended Asi by refusing to talk to him. knowing Asi, if you just have talked to him and not ignored him, he probably would have let you walk away.

3. Asi is known by everyone as a very reasonable person. Everyone who knows him that is in the club will say that. Let me remind you that you called the police to the field when you had an issue with another club member. Is this is the way you treat club members?

4. Asi owns two of your engines. He is your customer. This is how you treat your customers? All your awards are meaningless! Not only you made a mistake, you failed to honor your words, and now you're trying to involve the entire world against Asi when you should have just resolved it between you two.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:12 PM
az3d
My Feedback: (59)

It sounds like a bad situation getting worse. Usually the call on the field is the right one. Since you both made an agreement live up to it and move on. The key facts are in dispute. Until we see the NFL playback video from 10 different angles we will never know. Does anyone have it, no? Then it's time to fix the wing and get back to flying.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:17 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Maybe YouTube video will help to judge the situation by100% ,and his lawyer should look to.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:20 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Wow, I was just about to leave the theatre and toss my popcorn. Didn't know it was a double feature. Better get a refill.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:37 PM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

Originally Posted by moshe6969
Barry,

Let me remind you of some other facts

1. There were two safety officers who were off duty, but were still standing there and they witnessed everything. They were in shock and said they could not believe that you just landed and
crashed into Asi's airplane.

First, off, I hate these BS things here at RCU................but for the RECORD according to the statement above.

Most people know me here, some don't. I am the AIR BOSS for Joe C. for BITW along Mike V and Rick T work the
flight line with me.

We all 3 where not on the flight line when said mishap happened, we had wrapped up
for the day. I was in the pits talking to a couple of the Hobby reps that where there
when this happened, and did NOT see a thing. I was told about it Saturday morning
after the fact.

So that being said, dont throw out wrong information in regards to the "safety officers" witnessing
anything. You are completely wrong
Old 01-13-2014, 07:55 PM
drac1

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Aussie Bart
You beat me to it John!!!
+1
Old 01-13-2014, 08:34 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Barry, there is only one thing that bothers me about this whole situation. Did you agree to fix the wing without terms? If so honor your word. If not send him the wings back.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Originally Posted by t_burley
First, off, I hate these BS things here at RCU................but for the RECORD according to the statement above.

Most people know me here, some don't. I am the AIR BOSS for Joe C. for BITW along Mike V and Rick T work the
flight line with me.

We all 3 where not on the flight line when said mishap happened, we had wrapped up
for the day. I was in the pits talking to a couple of the Hobby reps that where there
when this happened, and did NOT see a thing. I was told about it Saturday morning
after the fact.

So that being said, dont throw out wrong information in regards to the "safety officers" witnessing
anything. You are completely wrong
Moshe? Your thoughts?
Old 01-13-2014, 09:35 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetflyer3000
Quite frankly in my view both of you need to grow up.

I know this is in the US where people seem to want to resort to the law at the drop of a hat but in my view this is simple. You simply don't go to litigation over this sort of thing there are far more important things in life and the world

Stop digging in Repair his wings, Give him the repaired wings and spar and have an end to this nonsense. This is a hobby

Also I know that you will end up regretting posting this on this forum
Quite frankly, I couldn't disagree more. Good luck on this Barry, I hope the fool spends a lot of $$ with his arrogant Attny and you still whip him good. It will serve him right for bringing freakin attnys into this episode to begin with.

Don

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.