Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Would you do this

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: Would you sell a piece of faulty RC Equipment and not tell the buyer it had a problem
Yes I would sell a piece of faulty RC equipment knowing it was faulty and not tell the buyer
2.66%
I would never sell a piece of RC equipment knowing it was faulty and not tell the buyer
97.34%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Would you do this

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you do this

If you had a piece of RC Equipment such as a TX, RX. or servo etc that you knew was faulty or had an intermittent fault, could you bring yourself to sell this and not tell the prospective buyer. Given that it could cause his plane to crash

I am interested in peoples honest views and you obviously don't need to say who you are when you vote.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:59 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would not sell or give anything to anyone that I knew or suspected was faulty without telling them.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:06 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

What a blatant troll
Old 01-20-2014, 06:17 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

I wonder who that 1 person is that would?
Old 01-20-2014, 06:31 PM
rorywquin

Originally Posted by invertmast
I wonder who that 1 person is that would?
a W@*ker ?
Old 01-20-2014, 06:45 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Seriously? How many people who would outright screw somebody would be honest about it in a poll? If they would lie in a sale they'd lie on this poll.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:18 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
Seriously? How many people who would outright screw somebody would be honest about it in a poll? If they would lie in a sale they'd lie on this poll.
Good point
Old 01-21-2014, 12:18 AM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

That is also what I thought and one of the reasons I did this poll. I still think the results are interesting as in my view it shows that some people cant bring themselves to tell the truth even if they can vote with out the vote being linked to them. Unless of course the results of the poll are accurate.

You decide
Old 01-21-2014, 12:48 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

No way I would ever do that.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:09 AM
jetster81

I would never ever try to sell anything without offering a fair and accurate description. but have on several occasions been offered total junk by club members, retailers and swap meet dealers with a completely misleading description so I reckon that a poll like this will never be accurate as those without scruples, and I think there are many, will either refrain from voting or lie
Old 01-21-2014, 01:49 AM
vtwinrider

It is sad but there are guys out there thatactually have not scruples. During theNEAT fair two years there was a Miss America Mustang ARF that looked perfect inthe box. They guy said everything wasthere, in perfect condition but when he went to build it he decided that it wouldtake too much time. Price was right andmy buddy decided to purchase the ARF. Afew weeks later we were going to start building the plane and guess what? Everything was included except a Right Wing,there were two Left Wing but no right. Now we know why it was going to take so long to build.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:56 AM
willig10

The sad honest truth is that there are some who would. Then claim it worked fine when they owned it when confronted from the buyer. Personally, If I were to buy a used transmitter receiver I would do a good range check and use it in a "junker" aircraft prior to placing it in my prize aircraft. However that said. I personally prefer to buy a new transmitter unless I knew the person and had seen that transmitter fly.

Glenn
Old 01-21-2014, 05:21 AM
Lil Hoss
My Feedback: (58)

Wouldn't you think that anyone who replies to this poll would say "No, I wouldn't sell a defected item" just knowing that their name is in the upper left corner of their post???
It sure wouldn't help their ratings...............

Hoss
Old 01-21-2014, 05:28 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why would you put your Plane and people at risk by buying a used ELECTRONICS such as, TX, RX, servo, regulator. Even if it's given to me free I don't want it.

I once trouble shoot a friend airleak problem to his turbine to a faulty festo valve.. I marked it (B) for bad.. A year later my festo valve goes bad...guess who gave me (claim brand new) a spare festo valve with the (B) I mark ??

Last edited by basimpsn; 01-21-2014 at 05:45 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:46 AM
Granpooba

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetflyer3000
If you had a piece of RC Equipment such as a TX, RX. or servo etc that you knew was faulty or had an intermittent fault, could you bring yourself to sell this and not tell the prospective buyer. Given that it could cause his plane to crash

I am interested in peoples honest views and you obviously don't need to say who you are when you vote.
This person would NOT sell any piece of RC equipment that had a fault !! Also would not sell ANYTHING to ANYBODY, if it was faulty ! Simple, simple !!

Hopefully, somebody would not sell me something that was faulty. But then again, that would be asking a lot of somebody else, huh

Always remember, what goes around, comes around !
Old 01-21-2014, 07:52 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetflyer3000
That is also what I thought and one of the reasons I did this poll. I still think the results are interesting as in my view it shows that some people cant bring themselves to tell the truth even if they can vote with out the vote being linked to them. Unless of course the results of the poll are accurate.

You decide
So let me get this straight....
You think the poll results are interesting because it goes to show that some people can't tell the truth even if the results are anonymous.... So basically saying a percentage of the people in this thread are liars? Unless the poll is accurate? This poll / thread makes absolutely no sense to me. One has to question what the point of a poll is where you are basically expecting the results to be skewed because you expect people to lie about whether or not they would lie......
Sorry, I'm completely lost on this one.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:02 AM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

So let me get this straight....
You think the poll results are interesting because it goes to show that some people can't tell the truth even if the results are anonymous.... So basically saying a percentage of the people in this thread are liars? Unless the poll is accurate? This poll / thread makes absolutely no sense to me. One has to question what the point of a poll is where you are basically expecting the results to be skewed because you expect people to lie about whether or not they would lie......
Sorry, I'm completely lost on this one.
Well as it has been said so many times. If you see no point in the thread don't bother with it, Your choice
Old 01-21-2014, 08:08 AM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Originally Posted by basimpsn
Why would you put your Plane and people at risk by buying a used ELECTRONICS such as, TX, RX, servo, regulator. Even if it's given to me free I don't want it.

I once trouble shoot a friend airleak problem to his turbine to a faulty festo valve.. I marked it (B) for bad.. A year later my festo valve goes bad...guess who gave me (claim brand new) a spare festo valve with the (B) I mark ??
I have bought many secondhand receivers and 2 second hand transmitters and many second hand aircraft with all the stuff in them generally from the BMFA classified adds in the UK from many people most of who I did not know. I can report that I have never yet had a bad purchase secondhand in this regard.

I generally go through life with a trusting attitude to people. I know that some times I might be caught but I am afraid I would rather trust people than not

Last edited by Jetflyer3000; 01-21-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:38 AM
M3Baker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a crazy question. Of course I wouldn't. Now, an even better question, have I bought something that I think the seller knew was faulty? Absolutely!
Old 01-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Granpooba

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I presently have a receiver that has been in two planes. The first one crashed on its maiden flight. It was determined that it was a structural failure. The second one also crashed on its maiden flight and cause to this date is still unknown.

Having said this, I am really questioning the receiver and will never use it again in any of my models. Thus, if I will not use it, then I would definitely not sell it to anybody else for their use.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:48 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This any another popular site are full of sellers who sell junk and a picture does not tell the full story.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:42 AM
Couch Potato

Hahahahaha

Caveat Emptor, always!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:56 AM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Originally Posted by Couch Potato
Hahahahaha

Caveat Emptor, always!
Are we to assume that you place no import on Trust

Fides is a wonderful thing

Last edited by Jetflyer3000; 01-21-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:12 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

I have had it done to me, but in no way would I do it to someone else!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:41 PM
zacharyR

its human . we have lemon laws for same reasons people do this not just in our hobby it's just the nature of the sales man ..

we all know that RC hustler guy who's the sales man ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.