Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Robart Pressure Guard Power-Up Problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Robart Pressure Guard Power-Up Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 04:36 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Robart Pressure Guard Power-Up Problem

I've got one of these in my Viper, and for some reason now when I power up the receiver, the Pressure Guard causes the gear servo to a quick up-down cycle. This anomaly just started, caught me by surprise, caused the nose gear to collapse (with corresponding ding of the paint...argggghhh!)

I've gone through the setup routine a couple of times, rebound the tx/rx (Futaba 12FG and 6014HS), made sure the air pressure is good, etc...basically all the trouble shooting I can think of. If I bypass the Pressure Guard and connect the gear servo straight to the rx, there is no twitch/cycling at power-up.

Any ideas?
Old 03-01-2014, 11:38 AM
powerjets
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Water in sensor? Using any water trap?
Old 03-01-2014, 06:37 PM
VF84sluggo

Yes, I have a water trap plumbed in the system. Plus, I have a water trap in the fill line from my compressor that I plug in to the BVM air fill valve. So, the air goes through two traps before it goes into the air tanks and to any air gizmos.

RC
Old 03-05-2014, 05:49 AM
Rob B.
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine did the same thing in two different airplanes. But it only happened once in each model, and it has not happened again. I never really got a chance to trouble shoot as they have healed themselves.. Futaba RX in both.

Rob
Old 03-05-2014, 06:13 AM
VF84sluggo

Hey Rob. I called Robart, and they couldn't explain it, told me to send it back for an exchange, so it's on the way back.

I thought it might be related to my gear channel being reversed, but even in 'NORM' the Pressure Guard would still cause a quick cycle of the servo. I went as far as to change the air line positions on the Robart gear unit so at least when the glitch occurred when I powered up it would be in the gear-down direction and not cause the gear to collapse. Still kind of pissed about the paint ding on the bottom of the nose.

The one in my Nano has been fine...so far. Now I'm waiting for it to start glitching.

Have fun at FL Jets!

Last edited by VF84sluggo; 03-05-2014 at 05:25 PM.