Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

kingtech Europe

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

kingtech Europe

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 03:10 AM
charlyjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HiGuys, starting this month have started to do the technical serviceand maintenance Kingtech turbines in Europe, I want to thank Mr Barryfor this support to owners Kingtech in Europe.
Weare sure of give the best service to this great brand
Pleasedo not hesitate at any time to contact us for any questions.
Youcan contact us at the followingwebsite
www.skymasterspain.es

charlyjet PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THIS. J.Duncker RC Jets mod.

I will also post this at the current end of the thread.

Last edited by j.duncker; 05-08-2014 at 06:38 AM. Reason: ORIGINAL POST REINSTATED
Old 05-04-2014, 09:06 AM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Excellent! Somewhere more local to send my K140 for a service when it's needed. Great news.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:02 AM
mberme

Excellent.
Technical nearby service and that speak in my language.
¡ Long life to my K 100G!
Old 05-04-2014, 10:05 AM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The title may be misleading as we have no "KingTech Europe" established, nor do we have any confirmation of their capacity. However we thank Carlos' enthusiasm and any support that he may provide.

Regards,
Barry
Old 05-04-2014, 10:17 AM
charlyjet

delete

Last edited by charlyjet; 05-07-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:30 AM
marquisvns

No problem Carlos, all the best!

Barry
Old 05-04-2014, 11:46 AM
cairoman

So. Barry, we now send our turbines to Spain for the 25 hr service, instead of Taiwan?

Chris
Old 05-04-2014, 10:20 PM
marquisvns

Hi Chris, for now, please send the turbine back to Taiwan or United States as indicated in the manual. There are often warranty upgrades during an interval service.

Regards,
Barry
Old 05-04-2014, 10:49 PM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by marquisvns
please send the turbine back to Taiwan or United States
Barry
Totally misleading and pointless thread then.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:00 AM
charlyjet

delete

Last edited by charlyjet; 05-07-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:54 AM
charlyjet

Last edited by charlyjet; 05-07-2014 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:18 AM
guedejo

Last edited by guedejo; 05-07-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:06 PM
guedejo

Last edited by guedejo; 05-07-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:51 PM
marquisvns

This announcement has been a bit premature to say the least, as we are still assessing feasibility.

DominicM, since you are in the UK, please contact John Wright at [email protected] for all your service needs.

Regards,
Barry
Old 05-05-2014, 06:43 PM
jetster81

Even more confusing, where's Johns involvement in all this? Just to say it would be great to have a European service centre as I think it puts many off somewhat at the thought of having to send a motor all the way to Taiwan for service, people have said this to me in the past. It would be nice to have official word about all this from the factory.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:34 PM
marquisvns

What is so confusing about offering you a local service in the UK by John Wright? I am the voice for KingTech including that of the factory. It's much more complex than one may imagine in an interval service besides cleaning the injectors, change out bearings, and balance, let alone an array of possible warranty services.

Jetster, if this seems too complicated to deal with in our brand, may I suggest Wren being conveniently local to you.

Regards,
Barry
Old 05-05-2014, 09:51 PM
jetster81

Thanks for your sarcastic reply Barry, A great way to promote your business and products. I was completely unaware that John was a service agent for the UK or Europe, if that is the case then good news for all of us Kingtech owners here as I am well aware that he is more than capable as he is one of the most knowledgable people I know on Turbines. If this the case then why not actively promote the fact? And show this on your website?. My serious interest in this thread is that I am/ was actively looking to buy a KT180 and have been checking things out but now feel like telling you to stick it up your Axxx. As you are telling me there are plenty of other brands to choose from. Great marketing ploy you have there.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Jgwright

Originally Posted by jetster81
I was completely unaware that John was a service agent for the UK or Europe, if that is the case then good news for all of us Kingtech owners here as I am well aware that he is more than capable as he is one of the most knowledgable people I know on Turbines. If this the case then why not actively promote the fact? And show this on your website?. My serious interest in this thread is that I am/ was actively looking to buy a KT180 and have been checking things out but now feel like telling you to stick it up your Axxx. As you are telling me there are plenty of other brands to choose from. Great marketing ploy you have there.
I have recently bought a commercial balancer and let Barry know I would be able to help if he wanted engines servicing in the UK. This is not a dedicated Kingtech facility as so far it has just not been needed. There is not really any need to promote the fact. I checked with Dave Wilde recently and he only knows of one engine that had to be returned to Taiwan after crash damage. I have a King tech 170K in my Boulton Paul P111 and so far has been faultless. Dave has had many flights with a K80 again without problems. Any issues there have been with Kingtech engines have been limited to the peripherals like pumps and starter motors that are easily replaced. The K60 has recently been tested for RCJI and you can expect to see a report about it shortly.

John
Old 05-05-2014, 11:33 PM
jetster81

Originally Posted by Jgwright
I have recently bought a commercial balancer and let Barry know I would be able to help if he wanted engines servicing in the UK. This is not a dedicated Kingtech facility as so far it has just not been needed. There is not really any need to promote the fact. I checked with Dave Wilde recently and he only knows of one engine that had to be returned to Taiwan after crash damage. I have a King tech 170K in my Boulton Paul P111 and so far has been faultless. Dave has had many flights with a K80 again without problems. Any issues there have been with Kingtech engines have been limited to the peripherals like pumps and starter motors that are easily replaced. The K60 has recently been tested for RCJI and you can expect to see a report about it shortly.

John
Hi John and thanks for your reply, I am a K80 owner and I love it, I seem to spend half my time at the field extolling its virtues to the wary who are then impressed by the spool up,reliability, and general performance,not to mention value for money which is why I am checking out the K180 for my next project as I think it will be just right for the job. I will give Dave a call in the near future for sure, Best Regards.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:50 AM
4ptroll
My Feedback: (35)

Jester.....you are out of line. Barry has been the most stand up and reputable dealer I have ever dealt with. He was just trying to give you another option in your local area. I sense no "sarcasm" in his response to you. I currently own 4 Kingtechs and one Jetcat. Jetcat's service pales in comparison to Kingtechs and Barry is the reason for this.

I own my own business and know first hand the pain one must go through to expand any part of a business into a new region. Be patient and you will soon see more Kingtechs on your flight llines than any other brand. HMMMMMM I wonder why !
Old 05-06-2014, 02:56 AM
jetster81

Originally Posted by 4ptroll
Jester.....you are out of line. Barry has been the most stand up and reputable dealer I have ever dealt with. He was just trying to give you another option in your local area. I sense no "sarcasm" in his response to you. I currently own 4 Kingtechs and one Jetcat. Jetcat's service pales in comparison to Kingtechs and Barry is the reason for this.

I own my own business and know first hand the pain one must go through to expand any part of a business into a new region. Be patient and you will soon see more Kingtechs on your flight llines than any other brand. HMMMMMM I wonder why !
Mr Troll, please take the time out to read firstly my first post, then the reply from Barry. In my view it was sarcastic and condescending and I will not tolerate that from anyone. If you look at my subsequent post you will notice that I am a fan of Kingtech and have not knocked them in any way. as far as Barry's remark that I should got to Wren for a turbine is certainly not the sound of someone who is promoting what they have to sell or a nice guy who is sincere in all he does . I also posted on the 'kingtech at topgun' thread in what I thought to be a favourable manner, take a look.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:06 AM
bidrseed2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marquisvns

Jetster, if this seems too complicated to deal with in our brand, may I suggest Wren being conveniently local to you.

Regards,
Barry
Hopefully just a misunderstanding but the above quote read as patronising and sarcastic to me too.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:30 AM
marquisvns

Originally Posted by bidrseed2
Hopefully just a misunderstanding but the above quote read as patronising and sarcastic to me too.
Sorry that my previous post to you and Jetster read as such, however, my suggestion was genuine.

I think this has everything to do with the development of our products as a whole. A single engine model had been having variants on various components (shaft tunnel spring preload designs, NGV/turbine wheel......just to name a few) within an engine. These issues compounded by the smaller number of engines running in the EU hinder us the feasibility of having a service center. It would have still make sense to send the engine back to us for services.

However, now with John Wright in the UK, KingTech will provide all necessary technical support should an engine is sent to him. Perhaps John could elaborate on the possibility of working on engines that are from other parts of the EU.

Regards,
Barry
Old 05-06-2014, 12:58 PM
mberme

Hello
The quality of the service that Jhon gives is undoubted.
But, from this side of the channel, we have to pay in GBP not in Euros. What has an incremental cost in currency exchange and time.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:21 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Once again,more rubbish.

Originally Posted by jetster81
Mr Troll, please take the time out to read firstly my first post, then the reply from Barry. In my view it was sarcastic and condescending and I will not tolerate that from anyone. If you look at my subsequent post you will notice that I am a fan of Kingtech and have not knocked them in any way. as far as Barry's remark that I should got to Wren for a turbine is certainly not the sound of someone who is promoting what they have to sell or a nice guy who is sincere in all he does . I also posted on the 'kingtech at topgun' thread in what I thought to be a favourable manner, take a look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.