Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

KIngtech 210 Arrives

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

KIngtech 210 Arrives

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 04:03 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some thoughts we would like to share about Ali, not only for our admiration of his flying skills, but his willingness to help out and looking out for the underdog. I remember just not too long ago, when KingTech had only less than me, myself and I flying KT at any given event, and when I asked Ali to give my jets a try, he was always generous to offer his support, and this also goes to helping out other vendors, big or small. For that, we humbly remember where we came about, and we feel extremely privileged to be endorsed by Ali and being supported by so many of you, and we have every intent to live up to the expectations.

Congrats Ali, glad you like the 210, I am sure you'll love it even more when it's in the air

Cheers,
Barry

(off to KT Jets, see you guys soon!)
Old 07-05-2014, 04:57 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jws_aces

Here they are side by side..I am pulling the 180g out and installing the Ali horse today. Hope to be at KY on Wednesday to see how she pushes the hawk.
Chuang reminds me to take note on the different coloration of the exhaust cones, the tint of gold is the indication of the lower EGT in comparison to that of the 180. The lower EGT is from the completeness of combustion within the chamber due to the higher compression ratio of the 210, which translates to reliability, and even less coking, I know Dirk would like this. The factory made the already successful 180 to an even better and stronger 210.

See you at KT Jets Jeff!

Barry
Old 07-14-2014, 04:10 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Got to be the first pilot to fly the new 210 in the US It is an absolute beast!!!

Super fast throttle response and the plane that we installed it into had a 180 before. Now with the 210 its burning less fuel . The static thrust is insane. I didn't notice much on the top end but when you accelerate going vertical it was awesome!! Pablo was using one in a shockwave and had an ear to ear smile after his flight with the new 210.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:44 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have to say those King Tec 210 you guys had in the F22 at the show were mind blowing!

You guys really gave me a goal to work towards
Old 07-14-2014, 05:20 AM
Mi-25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Al, I wouldn't worry what the 'haters' say - I've had nothing but great support and service from KT, and my K140G performs flawlessly on diesel. Smoothest at idle, mid-range, and full power that I've owned. That 210 will be dynamite!
You can only please some of the people some of the time!
Cheers,
Leon
Old 07-14-2014, 08:47 AM
Randy M.
My Feedback: (38)

It is a beast! Hank's 22 was rocking!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:35 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 210g is a beast! It push my big hawk around 10MPH faster according to the on board gsp telemetry. But it really climbed out with authority.

thanks again to kingtech.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:32 AM
bri6672
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys now that a few of these have been in the air I am wondering how do they sound in person? I know the p-200 had a "big block" type if sound compared to 120's etc... How does the sound if the 210 compare to the 140 or 180??
Old 07-27-2014, 11:40 AM
number27

Running my 210 (#30) in a CompARF Eurosport had a 170 and the performance vertical is out of sight. Looking for a vector pipe now as there is lots of power to be used. Holds vertical hover with ease. Uses about the same amount of fuel as the 170 maybe a bit less depends on right stick position. 4.8 litres of fuel on board with a flight time of 6 minutes and at least 1.5 litres left for go rounds. It's loud but has also has a big pipe to exhaust all those hot gases.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:12 PM
jws_aces

Not sure about the sound level but compaired to my 180g it has much more vertical performance. I only have about 9 flights so far but am very happy with it. Kingtech service is outstanding here in the states also.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:36 PM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

A follow on to my 210 Serial no. 001 Arriving.
I have had a busy few months, what with shows and demos in the USA and Europe. So I only managed to get round to actually spending some workshop time with the 210 last week. I had a very big event in Germany coming up and was asked to fly my 1/2 scale 21 foot span Paritech Fox turbine powered aerobatic glider. ( Probably my all time favourite demo toy ever ) It was powered by a 160+ ( Closer to 170-180 I would say ) non Kingtech Turbine. I decided to retro fit the 210. Easy enough to do as the sizing on the cases were about the same. Length was spot on as well. It needs to be on this model as the turbine retracts into the fuselage so any size difference would be a problem.
The retro fit highlighted once again how nice and clean and easy the electronic install is on the KT's. Without the solenoid valves and associated wiring the equipment tray is just so much neater and the install that much quicker. It was also a pleasure when installing the turbine. To not have to fiddle the delicate temp sensor around the mounts.
I love the new onboard electronic terminal. I know that every turbine comes with a hand held one, but its so nice not having to remember to bring it or plug it in each time.

At the field. The 210 behaved exactly the same as every other KT that I have started. A quick prime. Then a super soft start and away I went. I ran it for the sum total of 20-30 secs before I went and flew a hard demo flight of pretty much non stop aggressive Aero's. Not once did the turbine falter!
Sound level seemed the same to me. I certainly did not notice any high picked scream or whine, that I have seen other turbines suffer from.
Power was….. Well. What more can I say? Stunning ! This is a big big model and one that I have flown on a number of different power plants. The 210 has given it a new lease of life. Its like its turbocharged now. It seems to me to have another 30% more vertical easily. Hard to quantify really as this is such a huge plane! The main difference I noticed was that the same type of demo as I usually fly. Was now done with the throttle stick at 1/2 - 3/4 as appose to 3/4 minimum. Subsequently the fuel burn was a pleasant surprise.
After a full demo and a climb to height and shut down to land. I had approx 1/3 rd left in my second tank and a full hopper. On the previous turbine. I would often start running air into the hopper and in some cases on hot day displays. I ran out of fuel.
All In all… I am super happy with my 210. It has been exactly the same experience as all my other size KT's. Which given the amount of horses they have managed to cram in such a size casing, is quite an achievement. I have a couple of other 200+ size turbines in 160 size cases that I use. No way are they as smooth and soft to start or throttle as well as my Kingtech.
It has given a favourite model of mine a new lease of life, and I just want to go out and fly it even more now. Thanks guys! It has always been an honour to have my name on the turbine, but now its a privilege as well!
Regards Al

Last edited by Ali; 08-18-2014 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:29 AM
In the Haze

I love the new onboard electronic terminal. I know that every turbine comes with a hand held one, but its so nice not having to remember to bring it or plug it in each time.
That is a good idea. Are they available from Kingtech??

BTW that Z50L is still a cool aerobat...........

Last edited by In the Haze; 08-19-2014 at 12:31 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:47 AM
Ali

I am sure that Barry can sell you one as a separate unit.
The Zlin is part of a 4 ship display that was just superb! One of those things that words and even photos don't do justice to!
Old 08-19-2014, 12:57 AM
Scott Douglas

That first photo with the moon is amazing
Old 08-19-2014, 01:21 AM
In the Haze

Maybe I am being silly here, but does the 210 come with the on board display unit? I have a 210 on order, hence the question.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:43 AM
MNModels

Yes,

Rgds
Old 08-19-2014, 08:01 AM
jws_aces

Originally Posted by In the Haze
Maybe I am being silly here, but does the 210 come with the on board display unit? I have a 210 on order, hence the question.
It is a much smaller and very light weight unit that is easily minuted onboard.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:29 PM
In the Haze

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:18 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by In the Haze

Hi Nev,

Yes it does, got mine #42 a couple of weeks ago and the local agent KMRC also gave me one together with my 140 at the same time. These little on boards are also available from the Xicoy guys. Always enjoyed the mini GSU's from JetCat - makes for a nice and practical installation panel.

What are you planning to put the 210 in to?

Jan
Old 08-19-2014, 10:49 PM
In the Haze

Hi Jan,

Avantis XXL.

I wouldn't mine getting an extra one or two. Am I correct in assuming it is not individual turbine specific, and can the parameters be accessed through it as per the hand held unit?

A pic would go a long way to clear up my questions.

Regards.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Nev,

Nice jet, will suit your flying style perfectly.

Yes, they are not turbine specific and can be used on any of the KingTechs. I think they will also work on any Xicoy ECU. Let me know if you can't get some extra ones, I bring you some next time.

The small GSU is exactly the same as the hand held, just smaller. Everything you can do on the hand held can be done in the same way on the small one. I imagine it is about 60 x 40 x 10 and plug straight into the ECU. Mine is packed away at the moment but I can take it out and take you a photo sometime.

Cheers,

Jan

Last edited by Springbok Flyer; 08-19-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:02 PM
In the Haze

Jan,

That is exactly what I needed to know, no pic necessary.

Thank you.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:51 AM
Ali

Some more updates on my 210 experiences. Last week saw the Illini Super jets event here in Monticello IL. It is my new local event and I was keen to log some flying. I was very lucky to be able to fly a Elite Aerosport Shockwave. A jet that I have had plenty of stick time with ( Lost count, but well over 250 flights I would say ) I have flown this particular jet with 6 different turbines. Ranging from a 160. All the way to Mammoth power. This particular model had just been equipped with the new Kingtech 210. I know I am biased, but I don't care. I am going to say it anyway. By far the best turbine for this plane. The Power to weight was post on. Loads of power, yet you could feel the lightness on the installed weight. The Wing loading made a great plane even greater. The flight envelope is huge!!! Great efficiency. I can get 10 Mins on the stock tanks. Super quick spool up time comes in handy when doing the more extreme aeros. Best of all.. By a along way. was the fact that the turbine ran, and ran and ran without any hiccups. Any rough or wet starts. Sounded just like a 180 or similar ( No high rpm whine or whistle ) I logged over 35 flights back to back… Not an issue all weekend. This to me means more than anything when it comes to reasons for owning a turbine. Long may it continue!
On a side note. I have been intrigued over the past year or so at events that I have attended. At each event, I have seen at least one ( often more ) examples of people retro fitting Kingtechs at the field. Taking out existing turbines to fit a Kingtech and go fly the rest of the event. At this recent event, I had to re turbine my trusty Air world F100. The 220 Turbine was not coping well with the humidity, and would not throttle or run. I was loaned a K180 by a good friend. I fitted this in a short while and flew the entire event without a hitch! The next day a brand new 210 arrived for me and now that has been fitted. I look forward to the extra power. Not that it was needed as the big Hun flew great on the 180. A sign of the times I think?
Regards Al
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3468.JPG
Views:	432
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	2028179  

Last edited by Ali; 09-02-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:19 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali
Some more updates on my 210 experiences. Last week saw the Illini Super jets event here in Monticello IL. It is my new local event and I was keen to log some flying. I was very lucky to be able to fly a Elite Aerosport Shockwave. A jet that I have had plenty of stick time with ( Lost count, but well over 250 flights I would say ) I have flown this particular jet with 6 different turbines. Ranging from a 160. All the way to Mammoth power. This particular model had just been equipped with the new Kingtech 210. I know I am biased, but I don't care. I am going to say it anyway. By far the best turbine for this plane. The Power to weight was post on. Loads of power, yet you could feel the lightness on the installed weight. The Wing loading made a great plane even greater. The flight envelope is huge!!! Great efficiency. I can get 10 Mins on the stock tanks. Super quick spool up time comes in handy when doing the more extreme aeros. Best of all.. By a along way. was the fact that the turbine ran, and ran and ran without any hiccups. Any rough or wet starts. Sounded just like a 180 or similar ( No high rpm whine or whistle ) I logged over 35 flights back to back… Not an issue all weekend. This to me means more than anything when it comes to reasons for owning a turbine. Long may it continue!
On a side note. I have been intrigued over the past year or so at events that I have attended. At each event, I have seen at least one ( often more ) examples of people retro fitting Kingtechs at the field. Taking out existing turbines to fit a Kingtech and go fly the rest of the event. At this recent event, I had to re turbine my trusty Air world F100. The 220 Turbine was not coping well with the humidity, and would not throttle or run. I was loaned a K180 by a good friend. I fitted this in a short while and flew the entire event without a hitch! The next day a brand new 210 arrived for me and now that has been fitted. I look forward to the extra power. Not that it was needed as the big Hun flew great on the 180. A sign of the times I think?
Regards Al
Dang it Ali!!!

Now you're making me want to switch out my SW's 180 to 210!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:28 AM
bri6672
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome news and thanks for the update! My 210 (#56 arrived last month) I was totally impressed with the size, weight and craftsmanship!! I just ordered a customs pipe from Tam this morning and will be installing it in a Skymaster Superhornet. Can't wait to fire this thing up!!!!!

Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.