Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetcat USA serviceo

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetcat USA serviceo

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 12:25 PM
Starrjet2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetcat USA serviceo

gotta tell you guys about Jetcat service I sent an engine back to. JC last Thursday updated and sent back to me I received it today at 12.27 pm. It was collected at JC on the 18th at 4.12 pm and was back in my hands 44 hours later ,you can,t beat that for first class service !, from the west coast to Florida , wow !
Old 08-20-2014, 01:26 PM
rc4flying
My Feedback: (21)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Can't beat that.

I just sent a motor in that they got Mon. I hope I can see that kind of turn-a-round ?
Old 08-20-2014, 01:36 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Great!

My last JC service experience was also quite positive. Not 44 hours positive, more like a few weeks. But atleast that's better than the months I used to see before.

I wonder what's the word with having engines in stock....
Old 08-20-2014, 03:30 PM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

I called John last week to notify him that I had a V10 ECU that the fuel pump socket came loose from the board. I had a new one in my hand two days later, before I had even sent the old one to him.
That is great service!!
Thanks, John!!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:31 PM
AKB
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All I can say is I had great experience with service as I had a starter issue on my A-10. I thought when I phoned down that I would be waiting for ever to get to talk to someone or to get a call back, from the horror stories I was reading. This was not the case, talked with John that day he helped me diagnose the problem, he had parts sent to me the next day and I am ready to go now. He also helped me with the procedure of changing the starter motor as I had never changed one before, but it was pretty simple, just a little soldering. Still happy with JC's and with service when it was with Bob or John.

Thanks guys.

Alan
Old 08-22-2014, 08:39 AM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

More props for John et al at JC-USA. I have 2 P-140RX's. One worked perfectly out of the box. The other, NIB, would light off, but would hang on the accel phase and time out with LOW TEMP error, but I did get it to spool on 2 of 6 attempts. Called John....his first comment was defective EGT probe, probably not totally dead, but hi resistance somewhere in the probe. 3 days later, a new probe arrived Warranty/NC. Takes 10 minutes to install. Pull the front cover, remove the old probe, slide the new one into the internal tunnel and plug it into the board, insert into tailcone, replace front cover...... done. Works perfectly now.

Both of these turbines run perfectly in hot humid weather. I am using the auto temp and pressure setting on the ECU.

TA
Old 08-22-2014, 09:03 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep,

Not surprised. Many years ago, we took a Y/A to the Fresno meet (this was back in the DF days) and someone accidentally kicked the tail and broke the solder joint at the elevator servo and stripped the elevator servo itself. It was my nephew's plane and he was so bummed because that's all he had to fly. John pulled a new servo out of his own plane, then proceeded to do a field solder on the linkage. He had a little butane torch and silver solder, and he got us flying again after a half-hour under the hood. He wouldn't take anything for the time or the servo. A few years later, I had another Y/A A-4 at BITW. This time with a Super Bee that didn't want to start properly. John figured out the problem, and again cannibalized a part out of his own JetCat engine to get me flying with this competitor engine. The Jet Central (I believe they were called something different at that time) rep was there, and he wasn't about to pull a part out of his engine to get mine going, but John Redman did. How's that for service?
Old 08-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

Its not just good service, its good sportsmanship. That kind of Karma always comes back too you. I have always helped anyone who needed it, gave them my motors to use ect. You never know when you may travel all the way to an event and something stupid ruins your fun. Nice to know your fellow pilots got your back.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:28 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear that I might have a chance at getting my turbine back in time for Route 66..?

We are flying at Midwest Jets this weekend. My UB/200SX ran like usual Thursday and today - nothing...The board must be out under the hood from what John told me today by phone after a quick test with the battery plugged to the turbine directly and NOTHING happening.

So, maybe if I ship it Monday I can get it back by the next Tuesday/Wed night to leave for Route 66?

Dave
Old 08-23-2014, 02:55 AM
rc4flying

Of course there are no guarantees, but Jet Cat received mine this past Monday and I got a call from John yesterday that it was ready to go . He had just run it on the test stand.I should have it this week some time.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:04 AM
ddennison

While I am a 10yr customer and about ten turbine customer of Jetcat, I am having a tough summer with them. John has been available by phone which is great but I think also somethign we should expect for the moeny we spend on these items. Dont' get me wrong, I have had great success overall with my Jetcats, but lately I have had a tough 3 months:

1) My new 140RX was placed into my F16 after a quick look over and finger spin of the compressor. Took it 6 hours to a jet rally and it would not start. The compressor sticks and then runs free and when it sticks it wont start and fails on LOW RPM because the motor can't spin it....we freed it with a finger and can get it to start about every other time. I did not fly. Drove home and shipped it. Got it back 3-4 weeks later and was told it ran fine x 3 runs. No work done. I paid for shipping my brand new motor to CA as well. I realize we are to pay to ship it there, but I would have hoped to get a flight on it before having to pay to send it back.
SO I got it back, ran it once at home, went ok. No I am at Midwest Jets and ...guess what, it still sticks. LOW RPM fail again. Great. Round trip to CA and I still have the same problem. Will it get fixed correctly this next time back to CA?

2) Went to my trusty UB/200SX, flew two flights Thursday all good. Friday - nothing, LOW RPM fail, this time it is (likely ) board in the turbine.

So, I am in great need of some service to salvage the last month of flying to even consider going to Route 66 in 10 -11 days. I doubt that it is wise for me to send both trubines at once, right?

I have heard that other companies will even lend a turbine for an event. I wish that was possible as I have one bird grounded for sure and the other I am never sure it is going to start.

The 140RX was to run in the F16 this summer and then buy another to put the two in my new A10; right now I dont know if that is a good idea.

I hope everyone else is having better luck this week,

Dave Dennison

Midwest Jets

Last edited by ddennison; 08-24-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:52 PM
essyou35

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

The first time I send my p180rx in it was like 1 week turn around,
Now I am on my 3rd week and still no working p180rx.
I do not expect to get mine back in time for RT66,

I called them on the 19th and suddenly mine was going on the bench. They said this week I should have it.
No information yet, would be nice to see a tracking number so I know to expect it.

And in all honesty, I am not gong to have my hopes up the P180rx will work anyways.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:16 PM
rc4flying

I sent in my 180RX and received it back for a total of just two weeks out of my hands. I put 2 flights in on it motor today and it ran great. Nice job, John.

Thanks for the great service.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:03 PM
essyou35

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Old 08-31-2014, 07:40 AM
ddennison

Joe, I am glad you have had a great experience with your recent service.

I called to check on my p200 on Friday and didn't get a call back so I don't know if it is coming back or not this week. It looks like I won't make Rte 66 anyway but right now I don't even know if the 200 is repaired/tested and being returned.

I still also don't have any direction from Jetcat about what to do with the 140RX - send it in again, can they find the problem? How many times do I need to pay for a trip to CA without resolution? Am I really to accept having to flick the compressor wheel 2-4 times to get a start, removing the FOD screen every time? Is that hurting the turbine? It also is embarrassing in the start-up box..

Dave Dennison
Jetcats since 2004...

Last edited by ddennison; 08-31-2014 at 07:43 AM.