Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

PowerBox Royal SRS sequencer problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

PowerBox Royal SRS sequencer problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 06:28 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Solved!

Hey Guys,

I've got an issue with a PowerBox that's got my friends and I baffled. It's a new unit installed in an Avanti S with a nose gear door and we cannot get it to save the gear sequencer setup. You go through the setup procedure and it works fine. Shut off the power, turn it back on and the programming is gone. If I were to speculate based on my limited computer savvy, I'd say it's like maybe the programming is being put into RAM and the last step of copying that to the ROM isn't happening. According to the manual, there is supposed to be a final screen which tells you to put the gear switch down and then you are supposed to see a "Please wait" and then goes back to the first screen of the sequencer programming. That last screen with the please wait thing does not show up.

I posted a question on the PowerBox forum but I don't expect to hear anything until maybe tomorrow and we're trying to get stuff ready for BITW, so any ideas would be appreciated.....

Last edited by Zeeb; 10-05-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you try and flash the software to see if that helps?
Old 10-05-2014, 02:52 PM
Zeeb

Originally Posted by Jetkopter
Did you try and flash the software to see if that helps?
That was one of things I considered doing but I didn't know if it would wipe the programming as sometimes happens when you do a flash of the firmware. This is my first experience with PowerBox or even a PE but one of my friends has used them for quite some time and the other can do things with a Futaba 18MZ that I'm not sure Futaba knows how to do and it took those guys about six hours to get all the programming including the VT setup. If I cannot save the programming, so be it but if I can save it or I know it won't go away, I'd be more inclined to try it right now.

Does anyone here know if the programming will be wiped if I flash the firmware?

I've posted the question on PowerBox's website and they seem pretty good about answering questions.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:52 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

When you go to update the PB they will give you the option to backup your program first.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Zeeb

Default Solved!

Okay guys I appreciate the help as it pointed me in the right direction. I have no idea if it was firmware issue as there was a reported bug in the mode 1 gear setup and I'm using mode 3, so I FINALLY figured out how to hook things up, the directions could use a lot of work, and downloaded the current firmware. Ran the sequencer setup again and it stays after you shut the power off and turn it back on again so the day has been a GREAT success....

Thanks again to those who answered my post!

Last edited by Zeeb; 10-05-2014 at 09:06 PM. Reason: spelling