Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Igyro setup questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Igyro setup questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 03:00 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Igyro setup questions

I have been trying to figure out if my setup is causing a issue or if my unit could possible be bad. I am using this unit with the Robbe battery backer system and two futaba R7003SB receivers. The issues I am having are something I have not seen before, when doing the auto setup I have noticed that when I move the a control to teach the unit a axis it will assign different channels depending on which way I move the stick. So if im teaching the elevator and I pull the stick up it will assign channel 2 and 5 but then if I push the stick down it will assign 1 and 5 or something else random? same for ailerons. The big concern is the servo jolt I am getting at randoms times, I dont touch anything and at random times but constant all servos jolt and make almost a popping sounds on all channels.

Possible unit problem? or just not having it setup is causing the unit to go crazy?

Okay Richard contacted me said a couple things that may help but other than updating from V21 to V22 I tried what he mentioned. Funny thing is there are no download links on the website for the new software, but I have not heard anyone having the jolt issue.

He did say the auto setup cannot be trusted with my setup to manually enter the channel assignments, I have already tried this as well.

Last edited by FenderBean; 02-18-2015 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:26 PM
stevekott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keith I'm sure you already did this but ..

My Demon Cortex was acting all jumpy and weird. I was feeding it with the SBus.2 port on the bottom of the Rx and not S.Bus. The Sbus.2 has bidirectional signals that the Gyro didn't like.

I switched to the Sbus out of Rx port 8 (R7008SB needed to change rx mode) and everything then moved like glass with no glitchiness. Probably not your issue but thought I'd just throw it out there
Old 02-18-2015, 05:30 PM
FenderBean

yeah checked this, the port im using is just sbus. I even swapped over to a set of 7008SBs with port 8 like u did as well. same problem.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:25 PM
PowerBox-Systems GmbH

Hello,

I´m sorry- the question you asked me was very different from that what you ask here... Your problem is that the numbers are jumping in the setup? Just tip with the finger on your stick to get the gyro finding the correct channels. Look at the numbers- if the are correct press the "Set" button to enter.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:47 PM
FenderBean

What about the jumping/jolting servos when everything is idle? Thats the issue holding me back from installing the unit. I will try your setup tip as well. Is there a way to update my unit to V22 you said this may fix the jolts/servo jump? Its a very aggressive jolt I have never seen that from a gyro.

just to clear it up there are two issues the servo jumping/jolting and the the setup of the channels being different depending on moving the stick the other direction in the same axis. I get two different channels when I move the stick up then down when memorizing the elevator channels. IT does this with ailerons and rudder.

Last edited by FenderBean; 02-19-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:14 AM
Malcolm H

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Keith,

Did you ever sort this issue?

I'm just about to install an iGyro in my Hawk with the same receivers and backer and would like to get a head start on the issue if it is still there!

Malcolm
Old 09-01-2015, 05:23 AM
FenderBean

Yes I did, updating to the latest software seemed to have fixed the problems, works great now with no issues
Old 09-01-2015, 07:11 AM
Malcolm H

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Keith!

Malcolm
Old 09-10-2015, 06:37 AM
DEMONjoe

Originally Posted by stevekott
My Demon Cortex was acting all jumpy and weird. I was feeding it with the SBus.2 port on the bottom of the Rx and not S.Bus. The Sbus.2 has bidirectional signals that the Gyro didn't like.
Post was long time ago, but: Note that it's not a gyro problem but Futaba themselves stating clearly not to make use of the S.BUS II for any standard controls! This is only to be used for telemetry.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:10 AM
FenderBean

I was not using the sbus 2 port with my igyro