Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help! Jr xg14 steering mix

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Help! Jr xg14 steering mix

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 03:59 AM
RIGDESIGNER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Jr xg14 steering mix

Hi Folks, having never put together a mix before can anyone help me with mixing rudder and nose wheel steering, whilst I understand the concept, I'm simply baffled by the menu system and mix options on the JR XG14. I managed somehow to get the steering to work on a switch which moved left/centre/right according to the switch position but I don't seem to be able to get it to work in conjunction with the rudder channel.
Can anyone help me with an idiots guide please?

Cheers
Old 03-01-2015, 04:20 AM
muzzgail

Hi, firstly you must turn off the switch in "Device Select" that frees up the channel to be mixed. Let's say you have chosen AUX2 as your steering. You can then go into mix 1 and do a simple mix of RUDD to AUX2 and play around with the percentages to obtain the movement you wish. OR you can choose MIX 4 and do a curve mix, as a choice comes up on a normal or curve mix, when you select MIX 4 through 6. This allows you to make the steering move small amounts around centre. It's like doing a throttle curve, but with the steering. Hope this helps you. Good luck.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:28 AM
RIGDESIGNER

Originally Posted by muzzgail
Hi, firstly you must turn off the switch in "Device Select" that frees up the channel to be mixed. Let's say you have chosen AUX2 as your steering. You can then go into mix 1 and do a simple mix of RUDD to AUX2 and play around with the percentages to obtain the movement you wish. OR you can choose MIX 4 and do a curve mix, as a choice comes up on a normal or curve mix, when you select MIX 4 through 6. This allows you to make the steering move small amounts around centre. It's like doing a throttle curve, but with the steering. Hope this helps you. Good luck.
First time!! Cheers, it was doing my head in. Any chance you can help me on how to turn it off when it's retracted.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:59 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Also, make the mix only active when the gear switch is in the down position. Then the steering is not working when the gear is up inside the fuse.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:26 AM
RIGDESIGNER

Originally Posted by Len Todd
Also, make the mix only active when the gear switch is in the down position. Then the steering is not working when the gear is up inside the fuse.
Yea im with you on the concept, it's the actual setting it up on my tx that I have problems with. Like I said before I need an idiots version.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:58 AM
muzzgail

It may pay to go to your club and get someone to help you in person. I am not able to give you an easier version, as pictures of the radio screens would be necessary I guess. Usually there is someone at each club that is good with JR radios.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:02 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Originally Posted by RIGDESIGNER
First time!! Cheers, it was doing my head in. Any chance you can help me on how to turn it off when it's retracted.
On the mix go to SW SEL and it brings up all the activating sticks/switches. Depending which switch you actually used you can change from 0 to 1. It might not be on Gear. JR name a few switches,, you might need to scroll right to the second page and it will be MIX (as I use)

Dave