Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster Large Viper latest suggestions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster Large Viper latest suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 12:31 PM
Philip Cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skymaster Large Viper latest suggestions

I am getting my large Skymaster Viper ready to fly and am wondering if there was any improved set up specs after the spins/accidents that were discussed on this forum, with elevator throw, expo, COG etc.

Did Ali ever do the spin demonstration videos he was going to do?

I read that some people re-programmed their elevator travel to less than the factory suggestions, and took it conservatively when it comes to using the elevator.

I have mine set up at the moment to the factory spec.

And try to make it as light as poss? Looks like mine is around 18.7kg and it has no extras in it.

And anything that can be done with the COG to make it less likely to get into a spin?

Ahh and do people recommend using an iron to bend the gap sealing edges inwards to stop any control surfaces catching?

Cheers
Phil
Old 03-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

large airspace helps...which you don't have! Smooth turns, or turn around Split S's...which again you are limited by altitude! Somewhere less restrictive than NW to test it?
Old 03-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Philip Cooper

Hi Dave,

After the airfield shuts at 7pm in the summer we have the use of the main runway at the north end, which gives me much more space than the apron the club uses on a Sunday.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

OK, wait for that!
Old 03-09-2015, 01:29 PM
Philip Cooper

Anyone else still flying these and have any suggestions? I read from the spin crash posts that reduced elevator throws are a good idea.... I have it at the factory settings, but am looking to set up a dual rate, so if anyone can let me know what they dropped it down to. What about EXPO?

I read a comment by Phil Greeno on here that with the short moment arm on the viper, the COG and elevator throws could be very important. Any change on the COG?

It seems in ground testing that none of my surfaces bind the gap sealer but should I use an iron to bend them well away to avoid any chance of a surface binding?

Cheers

Phil
Old 03-11-2015, 06:27 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Also interested to know about the latest settings over here. Don't want to take any unnecessary chance to repeat a bad history when the cure is already known...

Thanks in advance,
Regards,