Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Dx 18

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 04:22 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Dx 18

Ok guys, my 12X is nearing 10 yrs old. Thinking about updating. Dont understand the DX 18....18 channels but comes with a 9 ch rx...do i have to buy another rx to get to 18 channels? Does telemetry use the 18 channels? What is a channel expander? Maybe I just need to fly rubber powered free flight...DOH.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:34 PM
Randy M.
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually it comes with a 10 channel rx. Battery port is aux 5. For 18 you'll need the x plus module the plugs into the receiver. If you just need 12 channels you can use a 12 channel spektrum receiver
Old 03-05-2015, 06:34 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Telemetry does not take up any of your channels. Telemetry unit plugs into the bind port. All of your telemetry items (gps, temp, ect. ) plug into the Telemetry Unit.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:38 AM
bri6672
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made the switch and am very happy, they are cheap enough that I bought 2 of them and use one as a backup. Like others said it works fine with your 12 channel RX and you only need the expander if you want more channels. The programming is a bit different but not by a lot so it's a pretty smooth transition. The voice is kind of a gimmick but it's nice to use it for letting you know how much time is left with out looking down..

Last edited by bri6672; 03-05-2015 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:49 AM
Jeti USA

Do yourself favor and look at the Jeti radios, even the Jeti DS-14 for $795.00 runs circles around DX18.
You will be much happier moving from high quality JR12X to the Jeti DS-14/16.

- Aluminum Case
- Full Metal Gimbals with Hall Sensors
- 28+ Sensors
- Wireless Switches
- Wireless Rx Programming
- Automatic Function execution.....

Zb/Jeti USA

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...o-systems.aspx

• State-of-the-art, upgradable firmware which gives you full freedom and complete control.
  • Solid aluminum, CNC cut transmitter case with fully integrated antennas and oversized LCD display.
  • Mini USB port for firmware upgrades and PC download of telemetry data.
  • Integrated speaker and 3.5mm headset jack. You can play back music and create custom voice alarms (upgrade required). The options are virtually unlimited.
  • Upgradable, logical switches can be added that let you execute a complex string of control events with the simple flip of a switch.
  • 9-point, programmable curve mixes for all 14 digital proportional channels. (upgrade required)
  • You can set up not just dual, but triple rates.
  • Pre-programmed servo setups for nearly every type of wing, tail and swash plate imaginable.
  • Unlimited use of the on-board 4GB SD card memory.
  • Fully integrated logical switch functions (upgrade required). If you need to drop bombs only if your throttle is at 50% and bay doors are open, with this system you can. Your programming/mixing options are virtually unlimited.
  • Fully integrated digital telemetry. View, process and store all your telemetry data and even wirelessly program any of the Duplex EX sensors.
  • Create, manage and program all alarms. Enhance safety for both yourself and your model. Monitor your temperature, speed, battery voltage, receiver battery capacity and much more.
  • All switches and channels are completely moveable and assignable. Want to move throttle to the right slider or switch several functions to just one stick? With the Jeti radio system, yes you can. Basically, you can program any stick, dial, switch or slider to generate any output you choose.
  • Up to 6 programmable timers. You can easily set a timer for your overall flight time, a model memory timer for the motor run of a specific model, and any number of count down/stopwatch timers that can be activated any number of ways.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Just what we need, ads in the threads.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:17 AM
Torh

After i had a demo on the Jeti down at Esprit i am considering selling my 18MZ to bye the Jeti.