Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Preceptor withK60

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Preceptor withK60

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 09:00 PM
cosmo21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preceptor withK60

Flew my Pheonix preceptor with Kingtech K60 today with turbine , very good.
I originally put 3 flights on it with a WEMO/ HEt 10s system, to prove its worth for conversion.
I since strengthened the wings, extended the front spar another 2 rib bays in. Put shear webbing and rib doublers where appropriate, fully sheeted and glassed/painted wings to match. Made a fibreglass fuel tank to fit, ect ect.
Came out at 5.8 kg! Dry.....heavy. Put on the fat with stengthing, tailpipe, fuel tanks ect. Holt 1.5 litres of fuel.
Had big doubts about it's flyability. I was wrong, it flew great with the Kingtech K60. Lands fast tho, takes a lot of slowing down, plus I made more throw on the flaps for more drag too.
But the good news guys, with this jet, flown properly. It will handle quite a bit of weight.

Matt
Old 03-22-2015, 12:07 AM
cosmo21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couple more flights today, really is an easy practical every day jet. Wings on, fuel, fly easy.
Flys nicely . Recommend.

MH