Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Need Help with Viper Jet 2m elevator servo.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Need Help with Viper Jet 2m elevator servo.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 10:06 PM
megafly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Viper Jet 2m elevator servo.

Hi guys! I'm buildind a Skymaster Viper Jet 2m (the small one), well, the plane asks for a mini servo in each elevator, I was thinking in the Jr 3421 mini servo, but they are way overpriced here in Brazil, so I tought about the spektrum A5060, what do you think?
Are they reliable?
Thanks in advance!
Old 03-08-2015, 06:27 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The 5060 is exactly what I just put in mine. They fit perfect and the specs are much better that the book calls for with the unavailable JR3301. I also went to the full size servo on the rudder. The hole in there is cut for the midsize servo ( JR3301/ SPM5060 ) but the book pictures shows the JR8411 being installed... The book in the procedure description does not give you a servo # for the rudder, but does show the 8411 in the pictures. I tried to contact John and Anton about all this but got no response. Eric Clapp / Bill Hatcher were a great help. The 5060 will drop right in but I felt like the bigger servo was needed.. The rudder is huge on this airplane. I carved out the hole in the vertical to accept the full size servo. I am using the SPM6260. Regular size like the 8411 ( you have to carve it out anyway ) but it has much more torque and a bit cheaper. Finishing up the project now... Gonna go maiden this weekend.

Good luck, Keep me posted, There are a few other questions I think you are gonna have, like the tail pipe length and C.G.

Cheers,

Danno

Last edited by rcjetsaok; 03-08-2015 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Grammer
Old 03-08-2015, 03:28 PM
megafly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcjetsaok
The 5060 is exactly what I just put in mine. They fit perfect and the specs are much better that the book calls for with the unavailable JR3301. I also went to the full size servo on the rudder. The hole in there is cut for the midsize servo ( JR3301/ SPM5060 ) but the book pictures shows the JR8411 being installed... The book in the procedure description does not give you a servo # for the rudder, but does show the 8411 in the pictures. I tried to contact John and Anton about all this but got no response. Eric Clapp / Bill Hatcher were a great help. The 5060 will drop right in but I felt like the bigger servo was needed.. The rudder is huge on this airplane. I carved out the hole in the vertical to accept the full size servo. I am using the SPM6260. Regular size like the 8411 ( you have to carve it out anyway ) but it has much more torque and a bit cheaper. Finishing up the project now... Gonna go maiden this weekend.

Good luck, Keep me posted, There are a few other questions I think you are gonna have, like the tail pipe length and C.G.

Cheers,

Danno
Big Thanks Danno!
I Will go with the 5060, I read the entire viper topic and I think the correct cg is 12mm in front of the wing spar? And for the pipe I need first choose a turbine for it, I have a k80 and a k140, I think I'm going with the 80 because the other one will be too much.