Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help needed to get waiver

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Help needed to get waiver

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 07:27 PM
Reever45
My Feedback: (16)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Help needed to get waiver

I live in Grand Junction, Colorado, and i am in need of some help to get my turbine waiver. I had it in 2005, then was out of hobby for 5 years and have been flying heli's,large gassers,pattern planes and edf's since 2010. Anyways i could go to most anywhere in Utah,Colorado,maybe even (NM,or NV). So if you can help or know someones that can it would be great if you could send me a pm,email or a call.

Thanks Jack
970-201-0333
Old 03-22-2015, 07:58 PM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Reever45
I live in Grand Junction, Colorado, and i am in need of some help to get my turbine waiver. I had it in 2005, then was out of hobby for 5 years and have been flying heli's,large gassers,pattern planes and edf's since 2010. Anyways i could go to most anywhere in Utah,Colorado,maybe even (NM,or NV). So if you can help or know someones that can it would be great if you could send me a pm,email or a call.

Thanks Jack
970-201-0333
================================================== ================================================== ======================
Jack - I would contact Tom Neff. He is Assoc. AMA VP and Turbine CD located in Denver. He should be able to help.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:48 AM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reever45,
Go to the AMA website : modelaircraft.org, and open the Documents section. Scroll down to the Turbine segment (Docs # 510) and open Doc # 510-K, entitled AMA Designated CDs for Turbine Sign-Off. There are 5 contacts listed for CO and several more in nearby UT. The listing is dated but some individuals may provide you with newer and closer contacts.
Rgds,
Art ARRO
Old 03-24-2015, 06:50 AM
Reever45

Thanks for info Sid and Art, I am good to go now
Old 03-24-2015, 07:28 AM
flyinfool1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If you had a turbine waiver before, contact the AMA, You might still have one. The current waivers do not expire. I do not remember what year this came into effect.
Either way I would still recommend that you hook up with someone that has turbine experience that you can trust with your jet to help you get back into it. The difference is that if your old waiver is still good, then you can hook up with any waiver holder to get you back started, You would not have to hook up with a CD waiver holder. This makes it much easier to find someone close.

Good luck and welcome back.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:22 AM
Art ARRO

No reason to check with AMA on a valid turbine waiver. If valid, then your AMA card should indicate what waiver you have; ie, Fixed Wing or Rotary for turbines.
Rgds,
Art ARRO
Old 03-24-2015, 03:16 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinfool1
You might still have one. The current waivers do not expire. I do not remember what year this came into effect.

That is the way I remember it, I think the year was 2005 (2006?) when everyone had to get their waiver "redone" with a notary and the 20 flight log. I think someone claimed a waiver signature was forged or something.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:07 AM
Reever45

My situation was i let my ama lapse when i quit flying for awhile, I called Ilona at ama and she said last waiver on file was 2005. Therefore have to redo it, no worries though scheduled to meet up on April 4th with a couple gentlemen and get it done. So i was 2005-2010 with no ama.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:32 AM
Art ARRO

Reever45,
A similar situation affected me as I could not meet the then-required 20 flights in a 24 month period due to a medical situation. My AMA did not lapse but the waiver was gone. I retook the waiver qual at an AMA Fun-Fly event and received my new waiver in 2006. I've since made it a point of renewing my AMA as soon as the application is received, usually sometime in late Oct. Welcome back to turbine jets.
Rgds,
Art