Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingtech 140g Help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech 140g Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 11:04 AM
EDFCrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kingtech 140g Help

I'm not getting any email response from kingtech and the turbine clinic forum. Can anyone help, below is what i sent.

"I tried to run my Kintech 140g for the first time this yesterday and it was showing an error message "Glow Bad". The engine wouldn't even attempt to start. After some time while trying i started to get a low "low voltage" error. The battery is a brand new 4200 mah 9.9v Life and was fully charged when i had started. I did check that all plugs where properly in. While i was at the field the whole day and was helping others with there models ect while trying, so time time had passed when i decided to check the battery again, when i took it out it was slightly puffed, which it wasn't when i put it into the plane in the morning. i checked the battery and it was completely flat, i had double checked that it was charge in the morning before plugging it in.

A friend of mine let me borrow his Life pack and we tried but got a "Glow Bad" error again. after 20 min of trying we noticed that this battery had been drained by almost 30 % of its charge. so we plugged it back in and put a cell meter on it, and it was draining the pack just being plugged in, even when the plane was turned off and batteries still plugged in.

So this must be why my pack was completely flat after a few hours.

After i got back home, i used the hand terminal to do a test on the valves, burner and starter motor, all seemed to work ok, except when i tried the starter test, it just made a humming noise and the motor didn't rotate at all. despite the shaft having no resistance when i spun it with my hand.
The engine is brand new and has 0 run time on it."

Last edited by EDFCrazy; 03-25-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:40 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

You need to give Barry a call and he will take care of you.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:11 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Check the orientation of your plugs into the ECU. They can go in more than one way…ask me how I know. I think this was the exact same thing I experienced. The little black dot could have been placed on the wrong side of the plug. Wish xicoy would make the plugs unidirectional.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:11 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

email responded,
This seems like an engine purchased two years ago and seems like something is shorting out, please have it sent back to the factory.

We need this and every engine registered to make support easier for us.

Thanks,
Barry
Old 03-25-2015, 08:33 PM
marquisvns

Can't emphasize enough about the engine registration, it's not only easier for us to offer support, sometimes is only possible with the information in the registration and/or service/upgrade history subsequent to, that we attach to the registration if present.

Thanks in advance,
Barry
Old 03-26-2015, 12:48 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Just to clarify. As far as I am aware this turbine was not purchased through Al's Hobbies. ( One of the two Kingtech suppliers for the uk ) If it were. we would be happy to receive the turbine and send it back to the factory and cover all the shipping costs involved. As well as answer emails or help set up communications with the factory on behalf of any of our customers.
Regards Al
Old 03-26-2015, 03:23 AM
Jgwright

Originally Posted by EDFCrazy
I'm not getting any email response from kingtech and the turbine clinic forum. Can anyone help, below is what i sent.

"I tried to run my Kintech 140g for the first time this yesterday and it was showing an error message "Glow Bad". The engine wouldn't even attempt to start. After some time while trying i started to get a low "low voltage" error. The battery is a brand new 4200 mah 9.9v Life and was fully charged when i had started. I did check that all plugs where properly in. While i was at the field the whole day and was helping others with there models ect while trying, so time time had passed when i decided to check the battery again, when i took it out it was slightly puffed, which it wasn't when i put it into the plane in the morning. i checked the battery and it was completely flat, i had double checked that it was charge in the morning before plugging it in.

A friend of mine let me borrow his Life pack and we tried but got a "Glow Bad" error again. after 20 min of trying we noticed that this battery had been drained by almost 30 % of its charge. so we plugged it back in and put a cell meter on it, and it was draining the pack just being plugged in, even when the plane was turned off and batteries still plugged in.

So this must be why my pack was completely flat after a few hours.

After i got back home, i used the hand terminal to do a test on the valves, burner and starter motor, all seemed to work ok, except when i tried the starter test, it just made a humming noise and the motor didn't rotate at all. despite the shaft having no resistance when i spun it with my hand.
The engine is brand new and has 0 run time on it."
I think I know what the problem is and if you would like me to take a look to avoid the cost of sending it back to the factory then PM me.

John
Old 03-26-2015, 09:01 AM
EDFCrazy

John, what do you think it might be?

Originally Posted by Jgwright
I think I know what the problem is and if you would like me to take a look to avoid the cost of sending it back to the factory then PM me.

John
Old 03-26-2015, 10:07 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

EDF, did you check the plugs? It was over a year ago, but almost sure thats what mine was doing.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:22 AM
Jgwright

Originally Posted by EDFCrazy
John, what do you think it might be?

I have PM'd you.

John
Old 03-26-2015, 11:28 AM
marquisvns

I actually suggested the owner to send the engine back to the factory; there are some upgrades available for the problems reported.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:29 AM
marquisvns

Thank you all for trying to help!

Cheers,
Barry
Old 03-26-2015, 12:43 PM
Jgwright

Originally Posted by marquisvns
I actually suggested the owner to send the engine back to the factory; there are some upgrades available for the problems reported.
OK Barry, just offering to help.

John
Old 03-26-2015, 07:15 PM
marquisvns

I understand, thank you John!

cheers,
Barry
Old 03-26-2015, 07:32 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I understand, thank you John!

cheers,
Barry
Hi Barry,

Could you have a look at my problem, which I have posted on your support page - the 140 gas start problem?

Thank you,

Jan
Old 03-26-2015, 08:56 PM
marquisvns

responded!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

responded!

Yes you have, thank you.