Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Dreamworks Heat Shield

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Dreamworks Heat Shield

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 05:53 PM
ajp
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dreamworks Heat Shield

Has any one tried this heat shield that Dreamworks sells. If so how did you like the results

http://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/...-1-12-X15-Roll

Thanks
Paul Appelbaum
Old 04-03-2015, 04:33 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Works good. I thinned mine a bit to make the coating thinner on the model. But, it has held up well and fully protected the model. It does add a little weight. Aluminum tape would be lighter. But the tape does not get down in the tight spots as well.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:18 AM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
Works good. I thinned mine a bit to make the coating thinner on the model. But, it has held up well and fully protected the model. It does add a little weight. Aluminum tape would be lighter. But the tape does not get down in the tight spots as well.
Len, how did you "thin" the product? It is NOT BVM heat shield, I think it is a fiberglass cloth tape he is asking about.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:49 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I got some of the cloth also. I ended not using it because I still wanted air flowing thru the area that I planned using it. Also, fastening it became an issue. I ended up only using the cloth to shield my horizontal stab for startups. But ultimately I put some alum tape on the bottom of the stab cause there really was not much flame on any of my starts.

I thinned the BVM Heat Shield using some water.