Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Need verdict from the Gyro Jury

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Need verdict from the Gyro Jury

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 12:14 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

One thing you may notice on the Viper is that it may show a tendency to drop a wing near the final flare, if you slow it too much. This is caused by the gyro, trying to keep the same angle of attack a little too much.

You may reduce a bit the elevator throw, add some noseweight and above all not letting the plane stretch the glide too much.. is kind of intuitive as you fly more and more with this setup. The large SM viper is another plane that surprised me with a gyro on it. I think you will like it.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:19 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I am wondering if I need the gyro on the elevator? I was thinking only rudder and ailerons. It either wing rocks or yaws off.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:57 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Its up to you if you want it or not.. the greatest benefits in my opinion of the gyro is in the yaw and roll axis.. however I think that the damping of the pitch axis outweights this issue. speciallly if you are landing in a strip wich tends to develop turbulence in windy days.

I have a F-18 that had two heli gyros in the roll and yaw axis and have been flying it for a while, before this new gyros were available.. I am so used to fly it this way that I donīt know if are going to upgrade it so soon.

Same applies to my A4 wich only has a gyro in the nose wheel steering.. this thing is so stable even in windy days that I will not change it.

Last edited by erbroens; 05-26-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:58 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dribbe
Thanks for the kind words... expect things like the Aura AFCS will have ongoing new features and so forth... Really solid now was a 'aircraft 3 axis system'.
We intend to do just as you say, innovation takes time, but we are working on some cool stuff... EDF's... will see as time goes by. The China direct stuff is pretty cheap... will be careful to see if we can develop a plane that is in touch enough to compete... (I know we can do a better one, but depends on the value the customer can see in that.)

(Might want to pre-order some Aura 8's. The Intro-Price will not last too long I expect. )

Also, Just FWIW, the Viperjet is testing the old school... PWM-in, PWM-out... so it has 4 in (Ail, Elev, Rudd, Fl_Mode) from Powersafe 12ch) and 4 out (Ail_R, Ail_L, Elev, Rudd). Working perfect just piggy-backed quick on top of an existing install.

Best Regards,
David
Dave,

Any word on when these will out?