Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Cortex Gyro on elevon only model

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Cortex Gyro on elevon only model

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 03:48 PM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Cortex Gyro on elevon only model

I asked a while back if it was possible to install a cortex on a model like this IE a Tams F16. I was told yes it could be done. My question now is how?
obviously each elevon goes into a channel, rudder, then nose steering just because I will have the extra channel. What is different when it comes to setting up or will the cortex just automatically know pitch and roll some how during the initial set up???
Old 05-29-2015, 04:00 PM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

MOD please delete double post
Old 05-30-2015, 12:21 AM
jjantti

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nothing different with elevons vs. traditional tail. Just plug in servos and follow the setup sequence. Read the manual first to lear the directions because sequence is really fast and you don't have time to hesitate then.
I have it on my Sky-E-Master F-15. It has pair of elevons, pair of rudders and nose gear trough Cortex. Then by tilting the plane check that everything is turning in right direction. Heading hold is not usable in jets IMHO.
/Jyri
Old 06-01-2015, 06:16 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

During the learning process the gyro finds out what inputs control aileron and elevator and rudder. So if you move the elevator and the inputs are on A and B the gyro knows that to correct pitch it needs to move servos A and B, and when you move Aileron if the same servos move it knows to use them for the aileron axis.

Instead of getting wrapped up in the how and why, just plug everything in and do the learning sequence. Then move the plane around and see what servos move If there's a problem, come back and let us know and we can troubleshoot further.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:37 AM
DEMONjoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dieselman1220
I asked a while back if it was possible to install a cortex on a model like this IE a Tams F16. I was told yes it could be done. My question now is how?
obviously each elevon goes into a channel, rudder, then nose steering just because I will have the extra channel. What is different when it comes to setting up or will the cortex just automatically know pitch and roll some how during the initial set up???
It is like posted already: simply connect everything and do the teach-in. Mixers remain in the Tx, nothing to be done in the CORTEX but go through the teach-in process. The CORTEX will learn everything during this process. Nothing you need to activate or set in addition to this. As easy as can be
Any news on this? Did you make it yet? Test-flown the bird?