Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Thinking of getting a Skymaster Jet? Place your order for the next boat!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Thinking of getting a Skymaster Jet? Place your order for the next boat!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 06:52 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Anton, its not only the packaging. Are the glue joints well done, are the markings correct, it the wood correct for the part, do the screws actually hold or just break off at the stem. It starts with the beginning of the jet, not just before you put it in the box. I recently purchased a jet from one of your competitors and it was perfect...for a lot less money than you charge. I really want an F4 but you have to convince me the airplane is worth the money. Make me want to buy your product because it is really a good jet, not just a pretty paint job on poor quality product.

Last edited by tp777fo; 02-24-2016 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:20 PM
pilot tw

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Thank you for suggested. I will do my best!
Old 02-24-2016, 11:26 PM
pilot tw

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I don't take another picture, please check the part of picture that I post before parkage ., you can see the inside of Large Viper nose cone for the glue work.,

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3364_副本.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	918.9 KB
ID:	2149300  
Old 02-25-2016, 04:08 AM
CobraJet
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JackL
Is there going to be another container shipment order any time soon?
Jack,
I ordered my F-4E about mid-Oct. thru GJC. The jet was completed mid-Jan and from the last email they planned to load the container end of January 2016, but I just got information that "customs inspection is very strict before the Chinese New Year, so we delay the container again to avoid any stuck at customs" The latest information is that the container will be loaded later in February after the new year holidays. I've asked them to let me know when the container leaves their control.

So far the experience has been all positive and I knew going in that it would be a few months before the plane would leave China by boat. Not a big deal as I'm currently working on the other side of the world and don't plan to be stateside till May.

Finally, both Chief and GJC warned me ahead of time that "build time" is 12-14 weeks from time of factory confirmation. So far there are no surprises, however, I did remind them of the extra parts I ordered and to make sure they include them in the shipment. Keeping my fingers crossed that it all arrives in one-piece and everything I ordered is in the box.

Tom
Parker, CO
Old 02-25-2016, 04:53 AM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Johns post # 172
I look forward to receiving and checking over the updates
Old 02-25-2016, 06:36 AM
JackL
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Tom. I'm not in a big hurry. I want a Skymaster T-38 and mainly just want to save on shipping.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:11 PM
Nick Yuhasz
My Feedback: (11)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

John / Anton:

Thank you for sending the missing parts. The parts arrived today!

Nick

Originally Posted by Nick Yuhasz
Anton:

I am glad to see you are willing to help your long time customers like me (first two SM jets purchased in 2005). I am missing some key parts from my turbine SM X-Treme Jet 1/7.75 A-10 since it was delivered in August of 2015. I really need those parts now and your distributor has been unable to help. I will send you and John an E-Mail with the details.

Thanks

Nick
Old 03-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Desertlakesflying

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by smith john
danny realy
Sucks when the facts are laid out
Old 03-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Desertlakesflying

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I've ordered two Pilot planes from Chief so far without even a hiccup. They actually got here before I was expecting. Anything is possible. I've waited 6 weeks for an order from Horizon because the shipper lost it. I've waited almost 3 weeks for an order from Hobby King in Oregon that never showed tracking after shipping info sent. Hell I even ordered a gas motor from Octopus in China and it got here in 6 days. There are a million things that can happen and the point of contact is not always the only one to blame. But like it was said before there are too many primadonnas in the jet world. It's pretty simple to see if you read enough jet forums. Flame on prima's.....It won't be the first time.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:55 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok, on my situation, Tuesday I got an email from John at skymaster, stating that the wings were built and being painted, and would be done next week, said he would send a pic before shipping,
Old 04-12-2016, 06:45 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I just wanted to take a minute to update what my situation is,,
After my post, you seen that Anton posted, I was immediately contacted by John as SM, he informed me the issue was being taken care of, my wings were being made and going to paint and he would send me some pix. A few days later John sent me some pix of my finished wings, all the hardware and missing stuff I needed, and asked me if that was everything, I confirmed it. He then shipped them to me, and forwarded the shipping info. They arrived about 2 weeks later, I tracked them and they were hung up in customs for a few days.
Unpacked the box, and everything I needed and did not have was there, everything very well packed, the wings are fantastic the paint matches exactly, and all the lines match up.
So, what this means,, John and Anton quickly resolved the issue once it reached them personally. Am I happy with my jet,, YES, Am I happy with Skymaster customer support, YES,, Will I buy another skymaster jet, YES,
would I deal with cheif on another jet from skymaster, I cant say yes or no, I definately felt like I was not being taken care of by chief, but on the other hand, They were left trying to solve a problem that was not their fault, and I can understand.
It all took longer than I wanted, but I have great jet that I could not be happier with, I have painted it , but that was because I wanted this specific scheme, the jet as delivered from skymaster was fantastic as is.
Just wanted to update my status for anyone who has been following this,
Ronnie Dean

photo 20160302_165812_zpsh4pwqjey.jpg
Old 04-12-2016, 07:03 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Merrriikuuhhhh
Old 04-12-2016, 10:04 AM
CobraJet

Update to Post #179, (2-25-2016):

Got an email reply from Mandy at Skymaster that my F-4E has arrived stateside. Fedex will be delivering a 62lb box this Wednesday! Looks like the boat trip took about 4 weeks, then another week before it was picked up by Fedex for delivery. All in all to get to this point took about 6 months. Order was finalized mid-Oct...not a big deal since I've been deployed overseas for awhile and not due home for a couple more weeks.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:10 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Damn!! 6 months from order to delivery? Jeeeezzz

welcone home Semper Fi
Old 04-12-2016, 11:57 AM
CobraJet

Thanks, Brother!
Yeah, 6 months....glad I wasn't anxiously waiting for it. I have to say everything went real smooth with the only perceived delay being the Chinese New Year and Customs issue that happens every January.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:24 PM
CobraJet

Great looking F-16, Ronnie! That scheme is now my favorite...
Old 04-12-2016, 06:56 PM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

I finally finished mine 6 mos later......

Got to enjoy a static display to support the troops...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4505[1].JPG
Views:	188
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	2157114